Amazon Basin Down Again?
I just got on - :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :wub: :wub: :w00t: :wub: :w00t: :lol: :lol: :D :D :P
HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!

Amazon Basin Moderator
AB Reveler Leader

East Realm

"Buzzards gotta eat - same as worms" (spit)
For those of us needing a Guild Wars fix while our GW forums are offline, try RPGStars, so as not to clutter up the Lounge's forums. :P In this thread, SonOfRah asks after the Basin.

Let's see, Basin D2 and Basin WoW have checked in. It's about time for Basin Guild Wars also to check in. :)

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
Seems we are up and running again. At last I get acess to the forums :w00t:

Ash
Sir Ash,Jan 13 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:Seems we are up and running again. At last I get acess to the forums  :w00t:

Ash
[right][snapback]65245[/snapback][/right]
Yep - we're back.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Many Thanks To Bolty And Co For Having A Place For basiners to hang out during the recent outage

edit for spelling :blush:
It's Not The Look That Counts Because Survival Is The Most Important Thing.
D2 forums are still offline from here, but weaseltech works.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
the forums were up for a short time this afternoon but i guess allweasel found more problems that had to be fixed so took them offline for repairs.
It's Not The Look That Counts Because Survival Is The Most Important Thing.
Anyone gettinga rror when htey try to look in posts and on the front page of the main sub sites liek for diablo II Wow Guild wars Getting a forum error like this:

mySQL query error: SELECT pid FROM ibf_posts WHERE topic_id=545 and queued=0 ORDER BY pid asc LIMIT 0,20

mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)
mySQL error code:
Date: Thursday 13th of January 2005 11:45:07 PM
I cant seem to get in today...still down I guess.

this place is a nice hangout. I might start coming here more often. And hey, the forum background mataches with my firefox skin!
To encourage crossover between our two sites, we occationally coordinate server downtimes to encourage the population of one site to check out features on the other site. :lol: Welcome!
This is sort of a pasted reply from our site.

I just did a quick double check.

From what I see, there is an error in the database (typical SQL stuff when a site goes down unexpectedly). It's either that, or mySQL is not configured correctly.

If you have access to phpMyAdmin through your control panel, click the name of the forum database. When you are presented with a list of tables (such as IBF_members, IBF_posts, etc) check all tables, and choose "repair tables" from the drop down menu located under the table listing.

do not choose drop tables

This should repair the tables and fix the problem.

**added**

I've had exactly the same sort of problems with databases over the years, most recently at TheHelper's site and RPG Stars. I'm about 95% certain that a repair by these means will resolve the problem.
Chile,Jan 14 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:This is sort of a pasted reply from our site.

I just did a quick double check.

From what I see, there is an error in the database (typical SQL stuff when a site goes down unexpectedly). It's either that, or mySQL is not configured correctly.

If you have access to phpMyAdmin through your control panel, click the name of the forum database. When you are presented with a list of tables (such as IBF_members, IBF_posts, etc) check all tables, and choose "repair tables" from the drop down menu located under the table listing.

do not choose drop tables

This should repair the tables and fix the problem.

**added**

I've had exactly the same sort of problems with databases over the years, most recently at TheHelper's site and RPG Stars. I'm about 95% certain that a repair by these means will resolve the problem.
[right][snapback]65331[/snapback][/right]

I am using Windows XP with SP2. I do not see this "phpMyAdmin" in my control panel ... could you be a bit more specific on it's location?
MongoJerry,Jan 13 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:To encourage crossover between our two sites, we occationally coordinate server downtimes to encourage the population of one site to check out features on the other site.
[right][snapback]65302[/snapback][/right]
Dangit Mongo, I told you not to give away all of the Basin-Lounge administration secrets that TPJ and I fleshed out!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jan 14 2005, 08:50 AM Wrote:Dangit Mongo, I told you not to give away all of the Basin-Lounge administration secrets that TPJ and I fleshed out!

-Bolty
[right][snapback]65346[/snapback][/right]
n00bl4r!!11ONE
Skie_M,Jan 14 2005, 05:30 AM Wrote:I am using Windows XP with SP2.  I do not see this "phpMyAdmin" in my control panel ... could you be a bit more specific on it's location?
[right][snapback]65334[/snapback][/right]
Chile was directing his/her post at Admin folks so as to help them (me?) fix the issue. The post wasn’t meant for end-users.

Sorry for the confusion.
Skie_M,Jan 14 2005, 10:30 AM Wrote:I am using Windows XP with SP2.  I do not see this "phpMyAdmin" in my control panel ... could you be a bit more specific on it's location?
[right][snapback]65334[/snapback][/right]

IIRC I had to install phpMyAdmin separately (it's a web application and it didn't come with mySql) on my machine. And it has absolutely nothing to do with what version of Windows (or any operating system, really) you have. Your web server (whether it's Apache, IIS or anything else) must be able to process PHP pages, I think that's the only major requirement.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
With apologies for lack of clarity:

Yes, I posted to help the admins for the site, if possible. If you have access to the Admin Panel for the Invision Board installation, you should also be able to find the repair option at the bottom of this page:

Admin panel -> SQL Management -> MySQL Toolbox

Chile,Jan 14 2005, 04:16 PM Wrote:With apologies for lack of clarity:

Yes, I posted to help the admins for the site, if possible. If you have access to the Admin Panel for the Invision Board installation, you should also be able to find the repair option at the bottom of this page:

Admin panel -> SQL Management -> MySQL Toolbox
[right][snapback]65371[/snapback][/right]

Aha ... ok, I had been wondering about that for a while... :)
*wiggles* so...anyone up for pizza and booze and doing nothing productive while we wait? B)
So are the forums simply going to be off and on for the next few days, just so we all know? I'm sure there isn't an exact number of days, but any guesses om the times?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)