Amazon Basin Down Again?
Minionman,Jan 14 2005, 10:25 PM Wrote:So are the forums simply going to be off and on for the next few days, just so we all know?  I'm sure there isn't an exact number of days, but any guesses om the times?
[right][snapback]65456[/snapback][/right]

I Second That Emotion I Realize That The Tech Gurus Are Working On The Problem And They Do It For Free But Any Little Bit Of Information Would Be Helpful. :rolleyes: :whistling: :unsure:
It's Not The Look That Counts Because Survival Is The Most Important Thing.
Sorry, this post may appear to be a reply to something else, but will look right in flat view.

Anyway, you'll be better off asking for information in the AB General Forums ("blue boards") than in an entirely different community. However, I doubt you'll find any expected duration for how long they'll be down, as they neither work on deadlines or have it as a job. It entirely depends on how much time they can spend on the problems in their spare time, and that's, if I'll let my own experiences guide me, everything but easy to calculate. ;)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Well we were up for a little while this morning - but it's off again - no biggie - I'll just spend the next couple days completely removing what's left of my fingernails and start chewing on the ends of the fingers - mmmm the texture is a bit chewy but serves.

My wife is away this weekend so I won't have to chain myself up in the basement until Sunday evening

Hopesesss my precioussssss issss working by SSSSSunday nightsesss....yessssss
HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!

Amazon Basin Moderator
AB Reveler Leader

East Realm

"Buzzards gotta eat - same as worms" (spit)
Zerathorn,Jan 15 2005, 04:43 PM Wrote:Well we were up for a little while this morning - but it's off again
[right][snapback]65490[/snapback][/right]

...it is, however, getting a bit silly now. ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
I'm the same as Olon...had never even been to the Basin before the LL's first "death"...that and my subsequent addiction to DAoC kept me gone from here for a while.

I'm quite glad that LL'ers are playing WoW, and anxious to see that ol' LL crowbar of inquisitiveness applied to WoW as it has been in the past to Diablo and Diablo II. ;)

Quote:This is getting serious.... It’s getting so bad, I might actually start <gasp> working soon at this rate.

Yeah....right. :lol:
lfd,Jan 17 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:...it is, however, getting a bit silly now. ;-)
[right][snapback]65625[/snapback][/right]
About to ask for our money back, are we?

I miss the Basin forums, too. I've been there long enough, however, to know that when something needs fixing, we have dedicated volunteers working hard on getting us up and running again.

< AB webguyz fanboi
Stormrage: Rocdog - Night Elf Hunter - Skinning/Leatherworking
Stormrage: Bait - Human Warrior - Herbalism/Alchemy
rocdog,Jan 17 2005, 09:56 PM Wrote:About to ask for our money back, are we?

I miss the Basin forums, too.&nbsp; I've been there long enough, however, to know that when something needs fixing, we have dedicated volunteers working hard on getting us up and running again.

< AB webguyz fanboi
[right][snapback]65650[/snapback][/right]

Highlightet the important thing. Please keep in mind lfd, that the technical staff isn`t payed for fixing the problems and is indeed doing all the work in their free time.

Spoken with Blizzard`s words "It`s done when it`s done." B)

Ash
Blegh :o

Regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory
I miss the website, but I'm confident our folks will get it back up. In the meantime, I urge Basiners to enjoy the Lurkerlounge. :)

Can't really give an esitmated return timeframe, as my official administrative policy is Don't Bother the Technical People. :rolleyes: I'm sure if it's relevant, TPJ will update us here.

Hang tight Basiners,

Sailboat

rocdog,Jan 17 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:About to ask for our money back, are we?
[right][snapback]65650[/snapback][/right]

You missed the smiley...
Sir Ash,Jan 17 2005, 09:22 PM Wrote:Highlightet the important thing. Please keep in mind lfd
[right][snapback]65654[/snapback][/right]

...and so did you. ;-)
lfd,Jan 17 2005, 10:59 PM Wrote:...and so did you. ;-)
[right][snapback]65661[/snapback][/right]

Uhmm.. I`m so used to these graphical smileys... Sorry if I replied too fast.

But on another question. It seemed that WT PW had changed when it was online for a short time (or maybe I forget :whistling: ). Is there a way to get the current PW? The last two I remember didn`t work.

Ash
Sir Ash Wrote:Is there a way to get the current PW? The last two I remember didn`t work.

I'm sure that WT will be up soon. WT is not affected by the database problems, so as long as the server is online so is WT. And even though the forums are offline, WT will be online (unless there is a problem with WT in addition to the databaseproblems).

I'm sorry, you'll just have to wait till WT gets online again to get the password or arrange private games with a password of your choice. (Do not use our gamenames without the right WT password.)

If the server will be offline over a long perode of time, we'll get back to you with new instructions. :)

--MsKitty
/em waves to all the expatriate Basiners here and helps herself to a cookie or three

Post counts at the Lounge? Is this new? Or just new since my last case of Basin withdrawal? :blush:
<span style="color:#3366FF">Playing wow with the Basin
howdy Lurkers... my name is doppel, and I'm going insane. :unsure:
muffins for all!
The forum software got changed, and now the new stuff shows post counts.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Sir Ash,Jan 17 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:But on another question. It seemed that WT PW had changed when it was online for a short time (or maybe I forget&nbsp; :whistling: ). Is there a way to get the current PW? The last two I remember didn`t work.

WT works when the domain www.theamazonbasin.com is up, even if the D2 boards are still down, so that at least increases your chances of being able to see the passwords. No, there is no alternative way of getting the password.

The password changing has been sporadic throughout the downtime. If I can't change it at the time I usually do, I let it ride another 24 hours. Try the last one, as you've said you have done, but otherwise hang out in the basin channel and if there's people there who want to get together for a game, just agree on a password amongst yourselves, and keep any of your flist who may come on apprised of your whereabouts.

Cads
I noticed last night the AB forums were down again.

Ceolstan Wrote:It's scheduled maintenance. On the GW boards, Jayling posted the planned outage last night/early this morning. I'm sure that the other AB boards were caught by surprise, as it was a very short-notice kind of thing. The outage was to take place anytime within a 10-hour time slot. It started at about noon EST and was still offline 5 hours later. This is server maintenance done by the hosting company.

*starts biting fingernails*
Amazon Basin Member
"This is my mistake. Let me make it good." - REM
jfbrown42,Feb 25 2005, 07:59 AM Wrote:I noticed last night the AB forums were down again.

Ceolstan Wrote:It's scheduled maintenance. On the GW boards, Jayling posted the planned outage last night/early this morning. I'm sure that the other AB boards were caught by surprise, as it was a very short-notice kind of thing. The outage was to take place anytime within a 10-hour time slot. It started at about noon EST and was still offline 5 hours later. This is server maintenance done by the hosting company.

*starts biting fingernails*
[right][snapback]68994[/snapback][/right]
Don't worry JF , you hid all the evidence in Gideons cell , didn't you ? :whistling:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
I noticed that yesterday too. I'm glad I'm not the only one not getting of the happy fluffy forum fix! =P
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night