Amazon Basin Down Again?
20+ hours and counting... :o

It is starting to itch! :blink:

ergates
ergates,Feb 25 2005, 12:04 PM Wrote:20+ hours and counting...  :o

It is starting to itch!  :blink:
ergates
[right][snapback]69030[/snapback][/right]

I am not an admin or even and ABM. I have not been contacted by anyone from The Amazon Basin. This information was gleaned by my own independent research.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way....

I did see a public posting by the company that hosts The Amazon Basin site and forums about some maintenance that would be occurring. This maintenance coincided with the timeframe that we were alerted to on the Basin forums. This window has long since expired. I also did some poking around and saw that the IP addresses around the Basin's IP are up and running. This leads me to believe that the maintenance the hosting company did is complete, but something else may have been discovered.

I do not envy the Basin tech team at this moment in time. I hope all is going well. If there is anything this little ABCM can do, please let me know.

Edit: Mucho thanks to the Lurker Lounge for allowing a few misplaced Basiners find a bit of shelter on the net. I will try and make sure that I clean up after myself :D
Welcome, and feel free to join in the lurk at any time.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Thank goodness the current outage isn't an extension of the Oct. 2003 outage the OP refers to. :P

I consider both forums home, so one outage leaves me feeling 1/2 empty. :huh:

[edit: 2 sentence post and I still manage to misspell something.]
Fingernails??? Heck, I'm down to the second knuckle already. :D

Me last night... :w00t:

Me today after trying AB seventeen thousand times... :wacko:

Full confidance in the g05u techz0|2s B)
US East Administrator on The Amazon Basin

[Image: mikeandroe.png]
The IP address for the server on which the Basin website is run is at the moment I write this unreachable.

Either the ISP has problems but more likely the server is down.

Regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory
Aww, it's Teep's birthday today and the server is down. =(

Let us wish him a happy birthday here... and hope his birthday present is a nice happy working server! =)
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Yeah, yeah! Happy B-Day, T! & many happy returns of the Day (& the Basin)!
"People are strange, when you're a stranger." J. Morrison
Congrats on making another journey around the star called Sol.

Quote:  Aww, it's Teep's birthday today and the server is down. =(

Let us wish him a happy birthday here... and hope his birthday present is a nice happy working server! =)

It looks like that may come true. Server is not fully up yet, but is responding to pings now. :D
Happy Birthday, Teep!!!

The server is alive, I have no idea what the status of the forums is though, other than down atm... :(

I'm sure the tech team is doing what they can! GOGO Tech Team!! :D

waves to the LL

Thanks to you fine folks too! Nice to have another friendly place to visit!

Happy Birthday Teep!

Quazimal Wrote:Congrats on making another journey around the star called Sol.

Sol is not star, it's a r00n you n00bla|2!!111!!

Gib Sol AMA!!1!
US East Administrator on The Amazon Basin

[Image: mikeandroe.png]
Many happy birthday wishes to da Teepster. :D
Mephista,Feb 26 2005, 01:03 AM Wrote:Aww, it's Teep's birthday today and the server is down.  =(

Let us wish him a happy birthday here... and hope his birthday present is a nice happy working server!  =)
[right][snapback]69108[/snapback][/right]

Happy Birthday, Boss. Hope get really cool goodies :)
thank you Mephista for making certain we did not overlook that.

i would never have looked down to the bottom of the llounge's forums page to see who was having a birthday today,
yet back home i sneak a peek there almost every morning (i'm sure we all do).

ahem . . .

[Image: 4thbday2.jpg]

<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________
Here's to that. Happy Birthday, James. :)
Happy Birthday TPJ!!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday James. Let us know what goodies you got!! :D

Thanks again for keeping the Teamspeak server going while the basin is down. We appreciate it more than you know!! :blush:

-Janet
Two questions for any AB WoWers.... What chat channel are you guys on? I know that horde is on Tich but is Stormrage the alliance server?

Thanx.
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
Another Happy Birthday wish for our man TPJ! Here's hoping that we will be able to start up a nice Happy Birthday thread for you in the Basin's Fellowship Hall before day's end!!

GimliSam
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
Savingsupertokyo,Feb 26 2005, 12:56 PM Wrote:Two questions for any AB WoWers.... What chat channel are you guys on?&nbsp; I know that horde is on Tich but is Stormrage the alliance server?

Yes, alliance Stormrage is the AB PvE server. When WoW was released, many Lurkers chose to use the same servers as the official AB servers, so that we could group up together.
MongoJerry,Feb 26 2005, 03:06 PM Wrote:Yes, alliance Stormrage is the AB PvE server.&nbsp; When WoW was released, many Lurkers chose to use the same servers as the official AB servers, so that we could group up together.
[right][snapback]69149[/snapback][/right]

Is there an AB chat channel besides guild chat that I can get into for Stormrage?
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone