music that made you cry
[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 6 2004, 04:55 PM]What a coincidence, I was just listenening to ACOS!

Eerie  :huh:

It's probably one of my favourite Dream Theater songs. It's grande, not just in size, but in "epicity" (if that was ever a word.) The song embodies life itself.

"I sit down with my son, set to see the crimson sunset."
Wouldn't you know if it was a word or not? I thought you were an English teacher? :P (Forgive me if that's wrong, I haven't looked at these forums in probably over a year, and don't really know any of you, but that seemed to strike me as familiar for some reason.)

Anyway, yeah, it's quite a piece. It's not like the decided, "Hey, let's make a long song just to be cool." It just came to be that way. Fitting for a tale of life.

(Though this isn't really an emotional song, Manowar - Achilles, Agony, and Ecstacy in Eight Parts may be worth checking out. It's a long ballad(5:30 longer than ACoS) about, well, Achilles.)
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
I just listened to Gary Jules' version a few months ago, and I must concur that is rather emotional. It is an exceptional listen.

Another remake from a movie that is rather emotional is Rufus Wainwright's version of Hallelujah. It was from Shrek, although in the movie it was sung by John Cale.

I have not seen Donnie Darko yet, but I would like to.
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
well, i dont think i ever cried to music but i have cryed to a movie, that movie was saving pvt. ryan, all those men dieing on the beaches for our freedom, *sniff* thats why im joining the military, so that there losses are for no reason.
"We need some sharp Object. Think, your formor self must have known of something that was sharp!"
"Here, this is sharp!"
"What is that! A butter knife? I will spread my evil and curruption with a Butter knife? What will we do, cover the place with butter so they all die of High Cholesterol?"
"We could try to"
"no you idiot we could NOT try"
Taken from "Hello Cthulhu" Page 12