This seems a little ridiculous
From CNN.com:

Monday, March 17, 2003 Posted: 4:51 PM EST (2151 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARIS, France (Reuters) -- U.S. citizens have turned on French fries and toast to vent their frustration at France's anti-war stance on Iraq. Now the French have joined in the food war -- with pretzels.

A French Web site is urging people to send pretzels to U.S. President, who fainted and fell off a sofa in January 2002 after gagging on the salty snack.

The Web site, www.bretzelforbush.com, says the pretzels will be stored at a secret location before being sent to the White House in a historic mass action.

The retaliation follows moves by some in the United States to change the names of French fries and French toast to Freedom fries and Freedom toast.

The pretzels are on sale for seven euros ($7.56) each, with one euro going to a children's charity. So far some 250 euros have been raised for the charity.

"We think that to oppose war is not to be against the American people, but simply against the politics of the Bush administration," the Web site says.

After the fainting incident, Bush lamented not heeding his mother's advice to chew pretzels before swallowing and his wife Laura joked he was now "practicing safe snacks."
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
LOL :lol:

International Food Fight :lol:

:unsure:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Okay, so the Americans got bummed out with the British a few hundred years ago, and started calling "chips" "French fries".

Now, they get bummed out with the French, and they call "French fries" "Freedom fries".

But, they are also bummed out with the Turks, for not letting them use their territory to launch attacks against Iraq.

So, what are Americans going to eat for Thanksgiving? "Freedom Bird"?

-rcv-
Really though, I want him to choke on another pretzel in the middle of the war. :D
channel1,Mar 17 2003, 06:05 PM Wrote:...So, what are Americans going to eat for Thanksgiving?  "Freedom Bird"?
Abraham "Grampa" Simpson beat ya' to it, long, long ago.

It's a 'walking bird'.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Crow?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Ahhhh, a Simpson's reference for everything. Nice catch on that one though, completely forgot about that one!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Ya see, if he had been eating that pretzel in accordance with the Beer Drinkers Guidelines, he would have been dunking it into a beer first, possibly softening it, and then there would have been no incident.

Beeing too health conscious can be deadly, eh?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The House of Representatives debating the merits and demerits of the "support the troops resolution" you would see why Pete says that.

Note: neither Party covered itself in glory with this bit of rhetoric, but I had to give the Minority Whip from Maryland and the Minority leader, Representative Pelosi, a nod of respect for the class in which they handled themselves, as well as a number of members from both sides for their ability to rise above partisan bickering.)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
14 years, and still setting the standard for sarcastic wit.

There has never been, nor will ever be another show that takes on the topics of Religion, Church (not neccessarily religious), Politics, Corruption (not necessarily political), Pollution, Environment (not neccessarily polluted), relationships, family (not neccessarily related), Capitalism, Poverty (not neccessarily via capitalists), Homosexuality, Work-related stress (definitely Smithers), Murder, Capital Punishment (not necessarily for murderers), War, Outer space...

I suddenly realize I'm out of my league.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.