Rerolling Charms
Animation,Mar 24 2003, 02:40 PM Wrote:All,

OK why is it that shimmering on a small charm can only appear (on 3 perfects plus magic re-roll) if the monster dropping it is level 47, even tho the affix is a level 33 affix? And yet for a grand charm with +1 skills, I can re-roll it with the monster dropping it is level 50, even tho the affix level is also 50? Whats up with that?
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/cgi-bin/forum/...&forum=Workshop

This will list the main formulas that are used to determine the level of the affixes for an item.

For the first part (cube ilvl calculation) the 3 perfect gem reroll uses these parameters; lvl=0, plvl=0, ilvl=100. This means that this formula will end up being ilvl_new=ilvl_old.

For the second part of the calculations you will need to know some of the stats of items.
misc items
Code:
qlvl    name
1    amulet
1    ring
28    Small Charms
14    Large Charms
1    Grand Charms
1    Jewel

If you carefully step through the formula you will find that with a qlvl=28 item (small charm) and an ilvl of 47; you will end up with an alvl of 33 for the item.

Now if you use qlvl=1 instead and step though the formula, you will end up with a different result. If you study what the formula is doing at qlvl=1, it can be seen that for these types of items alvl=ilvl (which does not end up working for any other qlvl).

A full spreadsheet of the alvls resulting from the different qlvls and ilvls can be found here.
http://d2mods.xfernet.com/filecenter/pafil...ion=file&id=242

Quote:Also, that page (linked above) that does the affix calculation shows that a GC can only have 12% resist all, but I'm sure I've seen a 14% resist all GC.

Yes the calculator does have an error in the res-all affixes for grand charms.
pre=317, minAlvl=8, maxAlvl=13 (stops displaying at level 12 instead of 13 as it should), reqlvl=6, res-all min=3 max=6.

pre=318, minAlvl=14, maxAlvl=34 (maxAlvl is missing from the data entirely), reqlvl=10, res-all min=8 max=12 (yes there is a gap at res-all 7)

pre=319, minAlvl=35, maxAlvl=none, reqlvl=27, res-all min=13 max=15. (this affix is missing entirely)

Edit: I just saw dectgaps reply from the same time as I was writing this. The prefix information I pulled is from the current patch file, not 1.08.
Thank you for pointing it out, Ruvanal.

I just looked into the database-file, and there has been a typo:
The max level for the second Shimmering prefix has been set to 0, and the max level for the third Shimmering prefix has been set to 34 (in some way, they have been mixed up).

I'll see if I can correct it.

EDIT: The data used in the affix calculator has been updated.
Sorry for the wrong information, Animation.
dectgap,Mar 24 2003, 09:10 PM Wrote:In 1.08, Grand Charms could get up to 15% resist all (from the Shimmering prefix), so the charm you have seen must have dropped pre 1.09.
ARGH! One cant get 13-15% GCs anymore? That stinks.

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
dectgap,Mar 24 2003, 10:39 PM Wrote:EDIT: The data used in the affix calculator has been updated.
Sorry for the wrong information, Animation.
OH!

Does that mean I *can* find 15% resist all Grand Charms? That would be oh so nice! I see that the calculator has been updated. I should have read page 2 before posting. :)

SO, what is the best way to find resist all grand charms? Cube them from level 50 monsters? Or mow down ten billion level 14 critters from act 2 normal? (mlvl 14)

Lewis
Lewis
Yes, you can find Grand Charms with 15% res all :)

Since such a charm would require ilvl 35, I'd suggest you to cube a charm with ilvl>=35.
I haven't played the game for a long time, so I can't suggest any special places to look for the grand charms, but any monster dense area (Cow level?) in NM/Hell would probably be fine.
According to the calculator, cubing a level 35 GC has a 1/323 chance to be shimmering with 13-15%. Same for the monster drop. I would need about 1000 perfect gems to have a slightly decent chance of getting such a GC, or I would need to make about 323 GCs drop, just to get 1. Even then, either could fail. URK. Low odds.

Do people really re-roll this much?

Lewis
Lewis
I have gathered that most efforts at rerolling have been to get one of set of affixes (e.g. +skill tabs) rather than for a specific affix (pre=319 res-all 13-15). This will allow a much broader range of successful results. There only only a couple of cases that I am aware of where the ones doing the cubing for a very small target of affixes.

The first is when cubing the small charms for the highest end 'elemental' prefixes. Since these require a small charm with an ilvl of 95+, it can actually be easier to get a successful result by 'rerolling' as opposed to trying to farm hell Baal or hell Nihlathak for additional small charms with an ilvl of 95+.

The second is with some of the higher end weapons that cannot be shopped and a desire to get the "Cruel" prefix on them.
ok sorry for the NooB question but how do you "re-roll" charms? i play alone 99% of the time so I really dont know :(
New Treasures
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?