Generic Lurker Lounge thread
(12-28-2004, 12:18 PM)Jarulf Wrote: So it is old and used, but I still like it. It exists in many variants and I think it was initially written for usenet or possibly some mail list (haven't been able to find who initiall wrote it up). I made some smaller changes to suite a forum.

How many Lurkers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the forums that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the forum that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to write to the forum administrator about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this forum

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this exchange to the Off Topic forum

203 to demand that cross posting to the Grammar, Spelling and Illuminati forums about changing light bulbs be stopped

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and to post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum

33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and signatures and then add "Me too"

12 to post to the forum that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters read the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago in the WoW forum?"

67 to ask "what's WoW?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

5 to propose a new "change lite bulb" forum

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
and one to say tl;dr and complains that the bulb is the wrong wattage than the one that was originally installed and ask for "darker"shade, when its the same shade as the original bulb..

[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
(10-10-2005, 06:49 PM)jahcs Wrote: And this proves it all comes back to the Illuminati in the end.

Why do I feel I'm being watched?

(09-25-2011, 06:45 AM)Wiccan Wrote: and one to say tl;dr and complains that the bulb is the wrong wattage than the one that was originally installed and ask for "darker"shade, when its the same shade as the original bulb..

Thus proving my point exactly...
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
(11-12-2011, 05:58 PM)jahcs Wrote:
(10-10-2005, 06:49 PM)jahcs Wrote: And this proves it all comes back to the Illuminati in the end.

Why do I feel I'm being watched?

(09-25-2011, 06:45 AM)Wiccan Wrote: and one to say tl;dr and complains that the bulb is the wrong wattage than the one that was originally installed and ask for "darker"shade, when its the same shade as the original bulb..

Thus proving my point exactly...

but the point was lost due to diablo 3 beta test came out and made the light bulb crew loose interest with the mundane changing{ hey i can use my screen as light bulb you all know, we think that when we have a game open and rather play it then change a lightbulb } and rather dance to the beta invite gods to bless them with a invite, so they can test diablo 3 and forgot the point altogether

[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
bump?
Complains about the recent bumps, not realizing that his own post bumps it too.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)