Undocumented 1.11 Changes
Quote:Thats new, I did it not too long ago and it had choices.

Probably a change to address the lack of foresight on players' parts. People would take the goggles and then a few levels later get something better, then complain on the forums that they want their carrot.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Probably a change to address the lack of foresight on players' parts.

I agree, except I strongly don't believe it is reasonable for a level 46 player to realize that he is looking at a unique trinket. Without surfing all over the web, how are you to know that you are looking at one of your three chances to improve mount speed?
Quote:I agree, except I strongly don't believe it is reasonable for a level 46 player to realize that he is looking at a unique trinket. Without surfing all over the web, how are you to know that you are looking at one of your three chances to improve mount speed?

Gratned, but I know the first time I was there, without thottbot (back when we used to walk to instances naked in the snow, uphill, with rez sickness) I looked at two items available as a reward. One was a pair of goggles that could be outgrown soon enough. The other was a trinket (scarce at that point in a character's life) with a stat I'd not seen on an item before. I took the carrot just because there was the chance I wouldn't be outgrowing it. Glad I did.
See you in Town,
-Z