Naxxramas Loot Spoilers
Gnollguy,May 17 2006, 11:43 AM Wrote:Eh the 8 piece bonus isn't a beastmaster bonus, it's a marks and survival bonus.  Shooting faster = more damage.  That plus rapid fire + quiver is like 80% attack speed bonus.  So a 3.2 speed attack speed weapon is shooting every .64 seconds.
[right][snapback]110173[/snapback][/right]

3.2 / 1.8 = 1.778
3.2 / 1.8 =/= 0.64

100% attack speed bonus = 2 attacks per previous time for 1 attack (100% increase in DPS)
100% attack speed bonus =/= 0 seconds per attack (infinite damage per second)

80% attack speed bonus will be 80% more shots per unit time, so 5.5 shots per unit time before will turn into 9.9 shots in the same time unit at 80% attack speed increase.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Hmm ... yep. All Rogues have a pink heart on their belt. This is payback for the AQ set outcry, isn't it?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,May 17 2006, 05:12 PM Wrote:Hmm ... yep.  All Rogues have a pink heart on their belt.  This is payback for the AQ set outcry, isn't it?
[right][snapback]110184[/snapback][/right]

Hehehe.

Quark stealths.

Pesmerga loses track of Quark.

Quark shifts slightly, going in for the attack.

Pesmerga notices pink heart, sics Marneus on Quark.

Or something like that. :D
Looks like they changed the set bonuses around on Plagueheart slightly. 2 Piece is now Shadowbolts have a chance to heal you for 270 to 330 health. 4 Piece now increases Corruption damage by x% (no listing of x as yet), 6 and 8 haven't changed (and 6 is worse that Nemesis 8 piece for anyone that does not have Ruin and 25% crit chance or better and 8 piece is still worse that Felheart's 8 piece).

Stats for entire set are:

Sta: 227
Int: 155
+Damage: 292
+% crit with spells: 6
+% hit with spells: 5

edit: Set still looks like some kid was coloring and then threw up on what they were coloring...just say no to Tusken Raider Warlocks...
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Skandranon,May 17 2006, 09:27 AM Wrote:You know, it's acceptable for two reasonable people, neither fools, to disagree on something.  You believe that the class should do both: that's perfectly fine and reasonable.  I know a number of paladins who just want to heal and are happy doing it.  Who are you to classify someone else's enjoyment of the game as foolish?
[right][snapback]110159[/snapback][/right]

Because the game has a a very large PVP element while also being raid centric.

I, and a fair number of other players, encounter nonconsensual PVP on a daily basis. I, and all other PVP server paladins, should be gimped because the carebears want nothing more than to be healbots?

I, and a majority of other players, also want to be able to contribute to a raid. Should we be limited by the few who never leave the battlegrounds?

The set, as it exists, is very limited. Unless there's a second set (will never happen) or a lot of random non-set loot to make up for the gaps (like fallen crusader), Paladins are going to have some trouble in the most common form of pvp.

Quote:Shaman are actually way worse off in this respect. T1 - Pure Healbot. T2 mostly Elemental, but with healing bonuses. T2.5 fairly well balanced. Too bad its only 5 pieces. T3 - Pure Healbot. Pally : T1 healbot with some balanced stats/bonues. T2 Pretty balanced. T2.5 Pretty balanced. T3 Pure Healbot.

Lawbringer is pure healing. It has token strength and 1% crit chance, yeehaw. Judgement outheals and outdamages Lawbringer.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Concillian,May 17 2006, 03:59 PM Wrote:3.2 / 1.8 = 1.778
3.2 / 1.8 =/= 0.64

100% attack speed bonus = 2 attacks per previous time for 1 attack (100% increase in DPS)
100% attack speed bonus =/= 0 seconds per attack (infinite damage per second)

80% attack speed bonus will be 80% more shots per unit time, so 5.5 shots per unit time before will turn into 9.9 shots in the same time unit at 80% attack speed increase.
[right][snapback]110182[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, thanks, wow, what the hell was I doing for my math?

I still stand by it not being a worthless bonus. I also stand by it not being for beastmaster builds at all.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Well, here's an idea. Wait to see the non-set stuff before bashing the set stuff?

Naxx is supposed to have more non-set variety apparantly.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
castille,May 18 2006, 03:53 AM Wrote:hahahaha, I just noticed that priests get little emo/goth wings.

Beautiful.

I like the warlock set. It really makes them otherworldly, and distant to the smooth, coordinated looks of all the other sets. They are, by canon, supposed to be a distinct caste, seperated from the rest of the society, and this visually reinforces it.
[right][snapback]110178[/snapback][/right]
No, really... what's with the Plagueheart tiki god mask?

It looks terrible on a gnome, where the head is accentuated.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Quark,May 17 2006, 05:17 PM Wrote:Well, here's an idea.  Wait to see the non-set stuff before bashing the set stuff?

[right][snapback]110210[/snapback][/right]

No matter how good the non-set stuff is, I resent having my White Ranger armor be so narrow minded.

Tommy could kick ass AND play magical instruments.

Well, at least I have the Voltronic nature of paladins to keep me warm at night.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,May 18 2006, 03:42 AM Wrote:No matter how good the non-set stuff is, I resent having my White Ranger armor be so narrow minded.
[right][snapback]110232[/snapback][/right]

Everything costs item points. Never forget that basic fact. Anything that says "hybrid" to you says "not maxed" to someone else.
WildFire,May 17 2006, 08:55 PM Wrote:No, really... what's with the Plagueheart tiki god mask?

It looks terrible on a gnome, where the head is accentuated.
[right][snapback]110221[/snapback][/right]

It looks terrible on everyone. And it's more of a Tusken Raider (from Star Wars) mask. I still say it looks like someone's kid was coloring a Tusken Raider and then threw up on it.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Quark,May 17 2006, 07:17 PM Wrote:Well, here's an idea.  Wait to see the non-set stuff before bashing the set stuff?

[right][snapback]110210[/snapback][/right]

I'll admit something right off the bat: I'm a graphics whore. I love seeing my character look just plain cool in the gear they've made.

That said, I certainly hope the non-set items have the same kind of attention to detail as what we're seeing in the sets. Otherwise, I'll be running around in what looks like Smooth Leather.
See you in Town,
-Z
Drasca,May 17 2006, 05:50 AM Wrote:I summed both lock and mage sets +damage/healing, to hit, and +crit

Mage:
162 stam
186 int, or nearly 3k mana, and 14 int away from one more crit
'enough' spirit

342 dam
+4 hit
+6 crit

Lock:
214 stam
155 int, or around 2.3k mana, and 45 int away from one more crit
no spirit
292 dam
+3 hit
+7 crit

Technically more crit, but given +1 crit per 100 int, it is actually almost even crit and less to-hit.

Lock set bonuses are still completely lame and plagueheart looks: Ugly as hell. Are the guys approving artwork trying to drive people away from being locks? or are we all waiting on approval for legendary "hellfire" armor?
[right][snapback]110130[/snapback][/right]

You got very different numbers than I got Drasca on the Mage set.

I show 162 Sta (same), 178 Int (close), 61 Spi, 305 damage (big difference), 5 Crit, 5 Hit with +2.967% crit coming from the Int*

On Warlock, 227 Sta and you missed +2 hit and got +1 more crit (I show +5 to hit, and +6 to crit, with an additional +3.75 crit from Int*)

* Crit due to Int for Mages is 60 per point of Crit, Warlocks is 40 Int per point of Crit. Mage crit has been confirmed by Blizzard and Blizzard has confirmed that Warlocks need less Int for the same amount of crit and testing has shown this to be around 40 Int per point of Crit for Warlocks.

Lissa,May 18 2006, 12:14 PM Wrote:I show 162 Sta (same), 178 Int (close), 61 Spi, 305 damage (big difference), 5 Crit, 5 Hit with +2.967% crit coming from the Int*

On Warlock, 227 Sta and you missed +2 hit and got +1 more crit (I show +5 to hit, and +6 to crit, with an additional +3.75 crit from Int*)

* Crit due to Int for Mages is 60 per point of Crit, Warlocks is 40 Int per point of Crit.  Mage crit has been confirmed by Blizzard and Blizzard has confirmed that Warlocks need less Int for the same amount of crit and testing has shown this to be around 40 Int per point of Crit for Warlocks.
[right][snapback]110247[/snapback][/right]

That's news to me. My numbers at the time were based on the Curse-Gaming link. Official stats were posted afterward. Any differences should reflect changes since then.

Currently http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/...html?4,8,4,male

The 2 and 4 piece bonus descriptions have changed.

2 offers Shadowbolts chance to heal 270-330
No corruption needed
4 offers 20% more corruption damage.

Others unchanged.

The two piece set bonus is a LOT better. The 4 piece bonus is pretty fair. I secretly wish there was an ability to prematurely trigger doom so warlocks could say die, and the enemy would. Doom would still have the same long recharge timer, and the warlock would be asking for a lot of aggro, but that's my secret warlock wish.

The mage set bonuses have been reordered to be fairly balanced in terms of usefulness, power and required # of set pieces. They're now as follows:

2. Evoc cooldown
4. Armor
6. Damage
8. Threat

Their stats and descriptions haven't changed, just the ordering of how many set pieces required for them.

The warlock's armor is ugly, but that's ok. Aesthetics can be a matter of opinion. Additionally, warlock and shaman armors are known to be ... extravagent (ok, outright weird). At least they are easily recognizeable, for praise or groan. I still want hellfire armor.
Drasca,May 19 2006, 11:21 AM Wrote:That's news to me. My numbers at the time were based on the Curse-Gaming link. Official stats were posted afterward. Any differences should reflect changes since then.

Currently http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/...html?4,8,4,male

The 2 and 4 piece bonus descriptions have changed.

2 offers Shadowbolts chance to heal 270-330
No corruption needed
4 offers 20% more corruption damage.

Others unchanged.

The two piece set bonus is a LOT better. The 4 piece bonus is pretty fair.  I secretly wish there was an ability to prematurely trigger doom so warlocks could say die, and the enemy would. Doom would still have the same long recharge timer, and the warlock would be asking for a lot of aggro, but that's my secret warlock wish.

<snip>

The warlock's armor is ugly, but that's ok. Aesthetics can be a matter of opinion. Additionally, warlock and shaman armors are known to be ... extravagent (ok, outright weird). At least they are easily recognizeable, for praise or groan. I still want hellfire armor.[right][snapback]110327[/snapback][/right]

They need to revamp the 8 piece set though. Right now, the 8 piece for Plagueheart is worse than the 8 piece for Felheart. Likewise, the 6 piece bonus hurts Warlocks without Ruin or without +20% crit if they do have Ruin.

Likewise, I do agree with your comment, the set it hideous looking. Right now though, even with the +70 damage bonus over Nemesis, I think I would stick with the 8 Nemesis pieces until I got enough crit from the Plagueheart pieces and other items to break the +20% crit barrier (maybe getting as high as 25% where the 6 piece set bonus really shines on Plagueheart).

Lissa,May 19 2006, 01:55 PM Wrote:They need to revamp the 8 piece set though.&nbsp; Right now, the 8 piece for Plagueheart is worse than the 8 piece for Felheart.&nbsp; Likewise, the 6 piece bonus hurts Warlocks without Ruin or without +20% crit if they do have Ruin.

Likewise, I do agree with your comment, the set it hideous looking.&nbsp; Right now though, even with the +70 damage bonus over Nemesis, I think I would stick with the 8 Nemesis pieces until I got enough crit from the Plagueheart pieces and other items to break the +20% crit barrier (maybe getting as high as 25% where the 6 piece set bonus really shines on Plagueheart).
[right][snapback]110333[/snapback][/right]

Maybe there's an encounter where CoD really, really comes in handy. Suddenly, the 8pc set bonus becomes awesome, and everyone will want it.
castille,May 19 2006, 11:57 AM Wrote:Maybe there's an encounter where CoD really, really comes in handy. Suddenly, the 8pc set bonus becomes awesome, and everyone will want it.
[right][snapback]110334[/snapback][/right]

Perhaps. Our warlocks use CoD on the Twin Emps encounters in order to snap aggro to them after teleports. They have the timing down really well so that their particular CoD's will go off right after the teleport. It's the only case I know of so far. However, if CoD's are getting stickier now and won't get knocked off so easily anymore, then CoD could become more useful for pure damage reasons.
MongoJerry,May 19 2006, 07:21 PM Wrote:Perhaps.  Our warlocks use CoD on the Twin Emps encounters in order to snap aggro to them after teleports.  They have the timing down really well so that their particular CoD's will go off right after the teleport.  It's the only case I know of so far.  However, if CoD's are getting stickier now and won't get knocked off so easily anymore, then CoD could become more useful for pure damage reasons.
[right][snapback]110343[/snapback][/right]

Just gotta find a way to convince the warlocks to keep using CoE, instead of just CoS and all CoDs. :(

This may just be a problem in my guild. The majority of the warlocks in my guild have decided that CoE is worthless when compared to CoD and CoA (even though we regularly run with as many as 9 mages, and as little as 3 warlocks), and that all of the mages who want it are just whiny noobs who need to lern2play without relying on other classes' abilities. (Which is about when I wonder why I still give them water and AI.)
Bob the Beholder,May 19 2006, 04:16 PM Wrote:Just gotta find a way to convince the warlocks to keep using CoE, instead of just CoS and all CoDs.&nbsp; :(

This may just be a problem in my guild.&nbsp; The majority of the warlocks in my guild have decided that CoE is worthless when compared to CoD and CoA (even though we regularly run with as many as 9 mages, and as little as 3 warlocks), and that all of the mages who want it are just whiny noobs who need to lern2play without relying on other classes' abilities.&nbsp; (Which is about when I wonder why I still give them water and AI.)
[right][snapback]110368[/snapback][/right]

Jeez... if ever a mob didn't get CoE for even a second, the whining that would be heard on our Teamspeak would be deafening. For our guild, CoE is considered an urgent high priority item -- as high as like Sunder Armor.
Bob the Beholder,May 19 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:Which is about when I wonder why I still give them water and AI.)
[right][snapback]110368[/snapback][/right]

Never needed it really. Something called life tap :D I couldn't even suicide in raid situations if I wanted to.

Honestly though, your locks need to grow up about CoEl. Way back when, I made sure everyone was assigned a specific curse to be responsible for. Also, I presume you don't have any destruction locks. They'd definitely go for CoEl.

Quote:I think I would stick with the 8 Nemesis pieces

The only set bonus worth getting for sure is the first (2) piece vampiric SB bonus, and that is achieveable without interfering with the nemesis armor due to key ring setpiece. I'd rather have no bonus than the 12% LT 8 set piece. Not remotely worth considering. If there were a small chance, or small % that the life tap gave mana to the entire party, that would be interesting, or something else.

Does anyone else have complaints about their set boons? This 8 piece boon for me is ... pretty much a total waste.

I checked the stat bonuses too. There's only a net 5 stamina gain over the nemesis and no innate resistences like Nemesis. In terms of survivability, that's a downgrade sometimes. I think plagueheart might be OK for destruction locks, otherwise... Nemesis, + plagueheart ring + key for 2 piece bonus. Corruption's not used nor worth it.

If I could have trigger doom on use... that'd be worth considering. Think of the damage, think of the aggro!