Beware the Chenesaw
Doc,Feb 22 2006, 02:04 PM Wrote:Slobbering DRUNK!
[right][snapback]102681[/snapback][/right]
Capitol Blue is the same rag that claimes Pres Bush called the Constitution a Scrap of Paper.

As to the alleged insider leaks from SS, I am extremely suspicious of that claim. Secret Service agents don't wander about making statements like that to "the press" and "bloggers." They tend to remain discrete unless subpoenaed, via an official incident report, or via a required deposition.

How many Secret Service agents do you know, Doc? I've known two.

As tempting as the Capitol Blue report is to believe, given that it would explain a great deal about immensely stupid firearms handling. There are roughly 50 hunting accidents per day, minor mostly, in Texas during hunting season according to a cop I know. Cheney is now part of that statistic.

I frequently mixed firearms and whiskey while hunting back in my single days. I don't anymore, as I am older and wiser. (Well, older anyway. :D )

I smell a Texas sized pile of buffalo manure.

Until a more credible news organ picks up on the Secret Service agent angle, I view with suspicion claims that Old Man Cheney wanders around "slobbering drunk" at his advanced age with loaded weapons in his hands.

I find your obsession with this allegation pathetic. The VEEP, though not the world's most charming guy, nor the most honest, nor the most open, has had too many medical scares. He's not as stupid as you wish he was.

Quote:We talked with a number of administration officials who are privy to inside information on the Vice President's shooting "accident" and all admit Secret Service agents and others saw Cheney consume far more than the "one beer' he claimed he drank at lunch earlier that day

That is media speak for "I made this crap up." I have been on the wrong end of quite a few news stories where what the media reported and what I know to be fact are at immense odds. I don't believe cheap claims of this sort.

I do not respect R Cheney as much as I did when he was Sec Def. He's had a far less beneficial influence on the Bush administration than I had hoped he would when I voted for that ticket in 2000. Indeed, his counsel has frequently been injurious to sound national policy formation since January 2001. His staff and their leaks, as well as their unethical behavior, are an embarassment to good government.

As to Capitol Blue: So what if everyone on the internet wants to be the next Matt Drudge? Sturgeon's Law applies. When they write tripe like this, think National Inquirer for a political audience.

Quote:It's a sure bet that is a private doctor who treated the victim of Cheney's reckless and drunken actions can't talk to the public then the memo that shows the Vice President was drunk as a skunk will never see the light of day.

Are you a shill for Capitol Blue, Doc?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 22 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:Capitol Blue is the same rag that claimes Pres Bush called the Constitution a Scrap of Paper.

As to the alleged insider leaks from SS, I am extremely suspicious of that claim.  Secret Service agents don't wander about making statements like that to "the press" and "bloggers."  They tend to remain discrete unless subpoenaed, via an official incident report, or via a required deposition.

How many Secret Service agents do you know, Doc?  I've known two. 

As tempting as the Capitol Blue report is to believe, given that it would explain a great deal about immensely stupid firearms handling.  There are roughly 50 hunting accidents per day, minor mostly, in Texas during hunting season according to a cop I know.  Cheney is now part of that statistic. 

I frequently mixed firearms and whiskey while hunting back in my single days.  I don't anymore, as I am older and wiser.  (Well, older anyway.  :D  )

I smell a Texas sized pile of buffalo manure. 

Until a more credible news organ picks up on the Secret Service agent angle, I view with suspicion claims that Old Man Cheney wanders around "slobbering drunk" at his advanced age with loaded weapons in his hands. 

I find your obsession with this allegation pathetic.  The VEEP, though not the world's most charming guy, nor the most honest, nor the most open, has had too many medical scares.  He's not as stupid as you wish he was. 

That is media speak for "I made this crap up."  I have been on the wrong end of quite a few news stories where what the media reported and what I know to be fact are at immense odds.  I don't believe cheap claims of this sort.

I do not respect R Cheney as much as I did when he was Sec Def.  He's had a far less beneficial influence on the Bush administration than I had hoped he would when I voted for that ticket in 2000.  Indeed, his counsel has frequently been injurious to sound national policy formation since January 2001.  His staff and their leaks, as well as their unethical behavior, are an embarassment to good government.   

As to Capitol Blue: So what if everyone on the internet wants to be the next Matt Drudge?  Sturgeon's Law applies.  When they write tripe like this, think National Inquirer for a political audience.
Are you a shill for Capitol Blue, Doc? 

Occhi
[right][snapback]102691[/snapback][/right]

Me? No.

I just personally can't stand, er, well, I was told to clean up my posts so I will not grab the low hanging fruit and make fun somehow with his name.

Whittington's BAC was taken at the hospital. Cheney had better use this chance to come clean. Whittington's BAC can be used as a sort of indicator to see if the old "everybody just had one beer" argument holds water.

Ranch staff said there was tons of drinking, the owner said everybody was seriously plastered, and Cheney refused to speak to the law till what, 18 hours later after his system cleared.

Meh.

Edit.

Under Texas law, shooting somebody accidently while intoxicated is a felony. I could see why he would do so much to protect his own behind. Can't say I blame him.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Feb 22 2006, 03:59 PM Wrote:Under Texas law, shooting somebody accidently while intoxicated is a felony. I could see why he would do so much to protect his own behind. Can't say I blame him.
[right][snapback]102700[/snapback][/right]
A felony conviction, not a felony charge, would be grounds for impeachment under the rubric of high crimes and misdemeanors. If a credible charge can be made, and substantiated with evidence, Cheney must go. It's that simple. It's even a slam dunk. You insinuate a cover up: prove it, "Doc" Woodward. Or put a sock in it.

A lot of people want very badly for it to be true that VP Cheney did more than make a mistake. I see a lot of assumptions substituting for fact.

His real malfeasance hasn't a thing to do with buckshot. It has to do with corrupt policy, a runaway debt, leaking classified information, on the part of his staff and possibly himself, and an untenable diplomatic position vis a vis Iran. The Axis of Evil is his brainchild -- well, his and the rest of PNAC's. The Constitution does not, however, provide for Impeachment due to high Idiocy and Self Delusion. We'd have to impeach public officials too often were it so. :P

How about, in your quest for "justice," you get to the bottom of how to put OJ in jail for manslaughter. Then we'll talk. OJ's "unproven" event killed two people, Cheney's unproven event hurt a friend. Perspective, Doc. I am still mad over all the time and effort wasted over a #$%& *@# for Slick Willie: so what?

Smoke screen.

I'll toss you a hypothetical bone: Ted Kennedy's accident wasn't enough to keep him from public office. Get rid of him for death to a wench while driving intoxicated, and I'll figure you can have Dick Cheney in a pile of shredded coconuts and Bing cherries, with whipped cream on top. ;)

Ted Kennedy: An effective Senator, but a lousy date . . . to paraphrase Denis Leary.

Dick Cheney: too fragile to run for President, bad ticker a la Ike, but too enamored of the power game to stay out of it. If he retired tomorrow, it would be good for the country. He can't, since he's W's assassination insurance, and Old George would be unforgiving for a disloyal act of that nature.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 22 2006, 06:25 PM Wrote:A felony conviction, not a felony charge, would be grounds for impeachment under the rubric of high crimes and misdemeanors.  If a credible charge can be made, and substantiated with evidence, Cheney must go.  It's that simple.  It's even a slam dunk.  You insinuate a cover up: prove it, "Doc" Woodward.  Or put a sock in it. 

A lot of people want very badly for it to be true that VP Cheney did more than make a mistake.  I see a lot of assumptions substituting for fact. 

His real malfeasance hasn't a thing to do with buckshot.  It has to do with corrupt policy, a runaway debt, leaking classified information, on the part of his staff and possibly himself, and a untenable diplomatic position vis a vis Iran.  The Axis of Evil is his brainchild.  His and PNAC's.  The Constitution does not, however, provide for Impeachment due to high Idiocy and self delusion.  We'd have to impeach too often were it so.  :P 

How about, in your quest for "justice" you get to the bottom of how to put OJ in  jail for manslaughter.  Then we'll talk.  OJ's "unproven" event killed two people, Cheney's unproven event hurt a friend. 

And I'll toss in the gratuitous bone:  Ted Kennedy's accident wasn't enough to keep him from public office.  Get rid of him, and I'll figure you can have Cheney in a pile of shredded coconuts and Bing cherries.  ;) 

Ted Kennedy:  An effective Senator, but a lousy date . . . to paraphrase Denis Leary. 

Occhi
[right][snapback]102704[/snapback][/right]

No no, don't get me started on OJ.

It's a little hard to prove anything when you have the Secret Service protecting you from the police till the booze leaves the blood stream.

TK. Dennis Leary was spot on. Why DOESN"T somebody take a shot at him?

I just don't like Dick. And I didn't like Tricky Dicky either. Something about the both of them... I am struck by an odd sort of similarity. I can't explain it, I just know I don't like it.

I didn't like Clinton either. Slick Willie got on my damn nerves. "I did not inhale that woman!"

Perhaps I do not like the most powerful men in the free world having phallic names?
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Feb 22 2006, 05:33 PM Wrote:Slick Willie got on my damn nerves. "I did not inhale that woman!"
No, but they shared a cigar together. :P At least Al Gore admitted he tried dope.

Quote:Perhaps I do not like the most powerful men in the free world having phallic names?
[right][snapback]102705[/snapback][/right]
Hmm, something about the Washington Monument and the point you just made, and the looming April 15 fleecing awakens a vague line of thought about sheep, shepards, and wolves.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 22 2006, 06:38 PM Wrote:No, but they shared a cigar together.  :P  At least Al Gore admitted he tried dope.
Hmm, something about the Washington Monument and the point you just made, and the looming April 15 fleecing awakens a vague line of thought about sheep, shepards, and wolves.

Occhi
[right][snapback]102706[/snapback][/right]

Edited to remove stress induced rant mode, which blew everything off topic.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
When you have such a controlled hunting experience like this:

Cheney likes the Canned Duck.

i'm not suprised that cheney can't shoot a bird without getting his friends caught in the crossfire. drunk or not.
Chesspiece_face,Feb 22 2006, 08:52 PM Wrote:When you have such a controlled hunting experience like this:

Cheney likes the Canned Duck.

i'm not suprised that cheney can't shoot a bird without getting his friends caught in the crossfire.  drunk or not.
[right][snapback]102717[/snapback][/right]
Good article. If you are interested in some factual reporting, try the internet site for the Corpus Christi Caller Times.

Corpus Christi is in a solidly Democratic district. Solomon Ortiz, the local US Rep, has been in DC for about 24 years, and is a Democrat. The editorial board came out in favor of Kerry, in 2004, in a series of blunt editorials. This morning's paper had an article about further reports and fact finding about lunch, wine, beer, and shooting.

On the radio this morning, a Doctor from Christus Spahn Hospital had been given a release by Mr Whittington to freely discuss his injuries, and particularly his heart attack and the bit of birdshot lodged near his heart that bruised a major artery.

The Caller Times editorial staff get no benefit from a cover up, they'd like to get national recognition, and lean significantly into the Democratic camp.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete