Character Goals
Mirajj,Nov 18 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:I can, but it's far from efficient, and a priest (even if you put out 0 dps. ;) ) really, reallyi speeds things up for me going from 1/2 a circuit to nearly nonstop (8-10 minutes/trip). I'm always glad for company on my trips, and have even had a raid (6 of us) up there. T'was much fun.
[right][snapback]95239[/snapback][/right]
Well, um, my tailor's my mage so... no healing there. Additional damage though. :)
Soraia,Nov 18 2005, 01:59 PM Wrote:Well, um, my tailor's my mage so... no healing there.  Additional damage though. :)
[right][snapback]95247[/snapback][/right]

No problem, there. A duo is still much faster than a solo. Might have to stop once in a while (after pestering you for water. *L*) to regain mana, but it's still very fast.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
My Perfect Priest Build:

Halo of Transcendence
Pauldrons of Transcendence
Robes of Transcendence or Mindsurge Robes
Pants of Prophecy or Manastorm Leggings
Boots of Prophecy
Girdle of Prophecy
Gloves of Prophecy
Vambraces of Prophecy
Mindtap Talisman x2
Jin'do's Judgement (or Benediction)
Ring of Blackrock
Seal of the Archmagus

Edit: OH YEAH!
Cloak: Hide of the Wild!

With this build, I think I'd have something like .. 18/5 from prophecy, 22 from the mindtaps, 10 from the mindsurge, 12 from the rings, plus 30% of my normal regen during casting (right now, that'd be about 24-30 mana a tick, so we'll say about 60-75 /5 there) that's about a total of 132 mana every 5 seconds while casting. Toss out the Pants of Prophecy, get the manastorm leggings and bring in something like the manastorm leggings, and we get up to 140 mana every 5 seconds while casting. I could live with that, I think. This also keeps most of the pieces with the +healing on them, and would give a much bigger boost to spirit, overall, so my mana regen would be much higher than it is now. And Transcendence has MUCH nicer +healing on it, even still. I'd want to keep 3 pieces of transcendence on at all times, just for the set bonus there, and 5 pieces of prophecy for that slightly faster flash heal -- but that's not a breaking point, for me.

Second edit:
And I just realized, I'm only worried about keeping /3/ pieces of Prophecy, not 5. Hmm.
Soraia,Nov 17 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:Reputation with Thorium Brotherhood
This is fun.  Really, it is.  I need 2,190 Dark Iron Ore.  I've thus far purchased 439 off the AH, putting me about 20% there once I turn it in.  (I really need to make at least one trip to the Grim Guzzler to offload some of this.)  I've been spending most of my free time farming trying to get more coin to buy more DIO.  (At 75s per ore, that's just over 1300g left.  Luckily, a lot of what I've gotten thus far has been for less than that.)
[right][snapback]95182[/snapback][/right]
For anyone who cares, I've since turned in 410 Dark Iron ore and have another 220 to turn in once I shuffle my DIO mule's mailbox. (Some of the ore was bought on Astraea so I have to either bounce that and mail it to Phaedra or mail it to Phaedra from the mule.) Turning in that ore will put me up to 28%.

Fortunately, coin farming has gone very well with pattern farming. I got a decent amount of coin farming up the +9 Strength enchant for bracers and the dwarves at the Ruins of Thaurissan drop decent stuff (although they have yet to drop the Cindercloth Cloak pattern *grumble*).

I'd like to ask a favor of anyone willing... If you go by the Auction House, check on the prices for Dark Iron Ore. If there's anything up there with a buyout of under 70s per ore, please get it and send it CoD to Phaedra. You don't have to but I'd appreciate it. :) Alternatively, you might want to work something out with GG since I know he needs ore as well -- and he might be closer to his goal. (Anyway, small warning: If a lot of ore gets put up, this may mean that you have to wait while I farm up the coin to pay you back. So don't do it if you need the money very, very soon.)
What the hell I'll throw in.

My character goals at current:

Enchant Weapon - Healing Power for my Benediction.
Hide of the Wild.
Devout Skirt (just because I'm stubborn and want to complete the set).
I could also use a second Emerald Flame Ring from Prince Tortheldrin in DM.

The above translates to:

1 Righteous Orb
16 Essence of Water
18 Living Essence (have 6)
8 Larval Acid (have 5)
X Prince Tortheldrin runs.
X Baron Rivendare runs.

I don't do AH purchases of any of these mats, as IMO it simply fuels the gold farmers.

This means I'm down with DM West and East, and both sides of Startholme. I have been on mindless carrion carrion slaughters a few times (let me know if you are on the collect carrion meat quest I try to come help :-P). I intend to start mindlessly farming water elementals as well.

As you can see that is a lot of water essence and a lot of living essence. Part of my current plan includes getting Kapowee (not my character but sorta joined at my hip) up to friendly with Timbermaw so she can transmute earth to water. Don't suppose anyone got the midas touch (Transmute: Undeath to Water) yet?

Of course once these goals have been met I will think up some more.
[Image: 35758wvIYP.png]
Onan,Nov 21 2005, 01:12 PM Wrote:1 Righteous Orb

I have a Righteous Orb I was given by a friend who quit WoW. I've been holding onto it hoping to eventually get the +healing enchant for Astraea's Fang of Venoxis but it's looking like that'll be a ways off and I have at least one Scarlet Strath run planned between now and when I could possibly do it. I can be persuaded to sell it (to pay for my growing DIO habit. ;) )... Although I'm a gold farmer too. :) (Just not in the classic real $$ for game $$ sense.)

Onan,Nov 21 2005, 01:12 PM Wrote:As you can see that is a lot of water essence and a lot of living essence. Part of my current plan includes getting Kapowee (not my character but sorta joined at my hip) up to friendly with Timbermaw so she can transmute earth to water. Don't suppose anyone got the midas touch (Transmute: Undeath to Water) yet?

Of course once these goals have been met I will think up some more.
[right][snapback]95421[/snapback][/right]

Astraea might have that transmute. I'll check when I get home.

I'm always up for helping with furby grinding if not otherwise occupied. I have to get to Revered with them sometime...
Onan,Nov 21 2005, 02:12 PM Wrote:What the hell I'll throw in.

My character goals at current:

Enchant Weapon - Healing Power for my Benediction.
[right][snapback]95421[/snapback][/right]

When you get the materials for this, Littledude has the enchant.
I want to get revered with the AD, so count me in on EVERY Strat/Scholo run.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Garrin's Current Goal:
Get together a good FR set.
DI Shoulders, Helm, Gauntlets, Bracers, etc. Pretty much anything the alliance can make from the set. Supplement with thorium unless i can find something better. I'm probably going to pour a lot into gettin this together, i don't like dying, and especially just because i'm not in the right type of gear...-.- Rag's, if you're reading this...F U...

Other Short Term/Long Term:
Get a better chest than Imperial plate..
More Lawbringer (Duh....)
Any and all Blacksmithing/weaponsmithing/axsmithing plans

Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
I have two real sets of gear that I want. The first I call the "feasible suit," as it's quite possible to get now that we've killed everything in MC except for Ragnaros, and have beaten the snot out of most of ZG.

Full Prophecy, minus the legs, shoulders, and helm. For the legs, I want the Ritualistic Leggings from Thekal in ZG, and for shoulders I want the Zandalar Confessor's Mantle, which is the exalted part of the priest-specific ZG quest. Not surprisingly, I'd like the Halo of Transcendence for my headpiece. The only real choice for a weapon is Benediction. Rings should be dual Emerald Flame Rings (from Prince Tortheldrin in DM:West). Trinkets should be the Royal Seal of Eldre'thalas and the Blessed Prayer Beads from the priest quest.

So far I have 1/8 Prophecy, the Royal Seal of Eldre'thalas, and the Eye of Shadow. I am hoping that MC turns around and starts offering more priest loot - we've had one Eye of Divinity drop, and only a very few pieces of Prophecy. Contrasted with the sheer volume of rogue, druid, and warrior loot we've had, it's pretty sick.

I'd be really happy with replacing my current weapons (Gift of the Elven Magi and the Spellbound Tome) with Benediction, and my current shoulders (Elder Wizard's Mantle) with Prophecy. Then I'd look cool and be effective :shuriken:

The "fantasy suit" is pretty uncreative. It's simply full Transcendence, Benediction, and some of the nice new healing jewelry from AQ. We're nowhere near this, since we have yet to even take down Razorgore in BWL. All the same, I'm in no rush, especially after seeing the updated Transcendence graphics. It's soooo ugly :rolleyes:
SUM PREEST IZ FITE