Character Goals
It's been a while since I've seen a post where people were posting what they are working toward for their various characters (and I was having a hard time finding the old ones) so I figured I'd make this post so I could have a place to scratch off things once I accomplish them. Feel free to post your own goals, too. :)

Since I made the switch to a Fury/Arms build with Skybreak I've been busily trying to acquire more offensive plate gear for her. She has a lot of really good stuff, but there's more that I can get. The following is my short list of things I'm working toward getting:

Offensive Gear Goals:
- Onslaught Girdle
- Stronghold Gauntlets

Defensive Gear Goals:
- Battlegear of Might
- Battlegear of Wrath

Tradeskilling Goals:
- Revered with Cenarion Circle
- Top Half of Advanced Armorsmithing III
- Get more Darkrune Blacksmithing Patterns from Silithus
- Run UBRS and kill Goraluk Anvilcrack for a Blacksmithing Quest

Now I'll get a bit more specific with what I need to do for all of these.

Onslaught Girdle
This is THE belt for a Fury warrior. 1% chance to crit, 1% chance to hit, and 62 Attack Power (via 31 strength) makes this belt about as good as I would be able to do for a belt.

Stronghold Gauntlets
These gauntlets are very nice in a number of situations. Since they have both +1% chance to crit AND the Immune to Disarm modifier, they are a good way to keep from being disarmed without giving up much offensive power. They also have decent stamina and make you better are parrying so they aren't slouches for defensive gear. Also, this is a goal I can steadily work toward. It's not like the Flameguard or Gauntlets of Might where you either get them or you don't. This is a crafted item that I can slowly obtain the items for. This should give me something to work toward when soloing. :)

Current Progress:
- 14/15 Arcanite Bar
- 0/20 Enchanted Thorium Bar
- 2/10 Essence of Earth
- 2/4 Blue Sapphire
Completed - 4/4 Large Opal

--------------------------------------------------------------

Battlegear of Might
Hey, it's the warrior set and it's actually pretty good. I am slowly working my way through this set.

Current Progress:
Completed - Helm of Might
Completed - Pauldrons of Might
- Breastplate of Might
Completed - Bracers of Might
Completed - Gauntlets of Might
Completed - Belt of Might
Completed- Legplates of Might
Completed - Sabatons of Might

Battlegear of Wrath
Hey, it's the warrior set and it's actually pretty good. I am slowly working my way through this set.

Current Progress:
Completed - Helm of Wrath
Completed - Pauldrons of Wrath
- Breastplate of Wrath
Completed - Bracelets of Wrath
- Gauntlets of Wrath
Completed - Waistband of Wrath
- Legplates of Wrath
Completed - Sabatons of Wrath

--------------------------------------------------------------

Revered with Cenarion Circle
In patch 1.11 a lot of cool nature resistance equipment is being added for the tradeskills. Therefore, I would like to get my warrior up to Revered with the Cenarion Circle in order to access the cool blacksmithing patterns.

Current Progress:
- 41/12000 Honored

Top Half of Advanced Armorsmithing III
Completed - This is the last of the Advanced Armorsmithing book parts that I have not yet found. It drops off of Urok Doomhowl in LBRS. I guess I have to force myself to join more LBRS runs if I want a shot at this.

Darkrune Blacksmithing Patterns
You get these patterns by turning in Twilight Encrypted Pages to the old guy in the cave in southern Silithus. That means I'll be grinding lots of Twilight Cultists down there for the pages and so if I can find a friend, we can also start killing the elementals down there as we get full twilight cultist armor sets. :)

Current Progress:
Completed - Darkrune Helm
Completed - Darkrune Gauntlets
- Darkrune Breastplate

UBRS - Goraluk Anvilcrack
This quest doesn't really give me anything that I need, but I still want to do it to have the Blacksmithing plans. I assume that I'll find a UBRS run sometime in the near future (for blood or gearing up of Avarice folks).

---------------------------

Completed Goals!

As I slowly move through my goals I was getting tired of seeing all of my completed goals listed up above. Therefore, after a short period of time being done with a goal, I will move it down here where I can see how much progress I've made since working toward these goals! :)

Completed Offensive Gear Goals:
- Gauntlets of Might
- Amulet of the Darkmoon
- Zandalar Vindicator's Breastplate
- Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom
- Crusader Enchantment for my Brutality Blade
- Lionheart Helm
- Eldritch Reinforced Legplates
- Zulian Tigerhide Cloak
- Magni's Will
- Lesser Arcanum of Constitution for the Lionheart Helm
- Lesser Arcanum of Constitution for the Eldritch Reinforced Legplates

Completed Fire Gear Goals:
- Mantle of the Dawn
- Dark Iron Plate
- Dark Iron Bracers
- Dark Iron Helm
- Lesser Arcanum of Resilience for my Dark Iron Helm
-TheDragoon
Definitely wouldn't mind helping on DM West prince runs... I want that Emerald Flame Ring!

If coerced, I might be able to supply the wicked claws, but I'd probably need to charge 50s apiece since I'm supposed to be saving them for wolfshead helms. (it doesn't help that so few people ask me to make them, so these babies tend to pile up a bit!)

I think I have the bloodfury and sandfury coins, will trade for any other coins. You'll want to talk to me about this on-line to work out specific details.

Desiderata (forum name, plays Droushnakovi and Alastriona) may have some arcanite transmutes available, you'd have to PM her on the Basin forums.
Miodvitnir - Nothing. I even got the Amulet of the Darkmoon. I rule. (Note: Thanks to sabra, GG, starkos, mjdoom, mirajj, and the others who helped me get everything I needed for Mio) Just working on Giantstalker now. Mio is more or less done in my eyes.
Shalandrax

Quel'Serrar :wub:
Wraithplate Leggings or Valor Legs.
Bloodsoaked Greaves or Valor boots, Crystal Encrusted Greaves or any boots that are better tanking boots than my current ones.

Any decent looking two handed sword that is better dps than Warblade of Caer Darrow.

Other than that I'm pretty content to collect Might armor. :)

Sharanna
Aurastone or Jin'do's Hexxer
And for shield Red Dragonscale Protector

Other than that I would be content to collect the Tier one or two paladin sets. :)
Wow, I went onto Thottbot and looked up the Crystal Encrusted Greaves and the other reward you get for that Silithus quest and I'm pretty impressed, those items look like REALLY good tanking gear. We should definitely get some people together and do those elite quests from Silithus at some point. :)
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Nov 16 2005, 04:09 PM Wrote:Lionheart Helm
I've heard that there are a couple people on the Stormrage server that will make Lionheart Helms if you provide the materials and pay a fee of around 25g.  Lionheart Helms require a lot of things.

Current Progress:
- 19/80 Thorium Bars (This shouldn't be a problem)
- 0/12 Arcanite Bars (No arcanite bars yet but I have 9 arcane crystals.)
- ?/40 Wicked Claws (I'm not sure how many of these I have.  Probably a few on my Druid.)
- 4/10 Blue Sapphires
- 4/4 Azerothian Diamonds
[right][snapback]95090[/snapback][/right]

Wicked Claws? Only 40 of them? I can supply that off of Wynae's stash of them....please take them......they only stack up to 5 in an inventory slot though. ;)

More seriously, I could probably help with Blus Sapphires too. I am not sure how many I have on Taunshu and Andar, but for right now I have no immediate use.

Also I should have Myrrian upto doing Arcanite transmutes soon. I just need to get 3 done first so that Littledude can make his rod for enchanting.

As to the Amulet of the Darkmoon, I am glad that Andar has already built up a nice supply of cards already. The turn-ins he has been doing with the Dense Grinding Stones has really been burning up the Dense Stone stocks. Fortunately most of his cards came from prior to being limited to only that turn in.
TheDragoon,Nov 16 2005, 03:09 PM Wrote:It's been a while since I've seen a post where people were posting what they are working toward for their various characters (and I was having a hard time finding the old ones) so I figured I'd make this post so I could have a place to scratch off things once I accomplish them.  Feel free to post your own goals, too.  :)

[right][snapback]95090[/snapback][/right]

I've pretty much resigned myself to my current blue/green gear. I'm sort of grinding Hykim towards an Amulet of the Darkmoon via Rugged Armor Kits, but I'm not sure how much grinding I can take. :)

I'm open to suggestions. If there's some Tribal LW recipe out there that I should be grinding towards, I'll be happy to go do that for a while. I figure Tuft's probably got that covered, though.

I also have about a dozen Wicked Claws lying about if you want them, Dragoon. I just use them to make an occasional Wolfshead Helm which promptly gets disenchanted. :) I'm also available to help if you want to do some of those elite quests.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I have, for the moment, stopped actively seeking gear for Astraea. I could probably bear to take her on several runs to farm Incendius for +FR bracers but there's not much else out there that I really want. The Primalist rings from ZG are shiny and I wouldn't turn them down. :)

To be honest, Astraea really has better gear than I ever really expected her to. (Two pieces of Prophecy and the Fang of Venoxis.) In regards to her, I am relatively content.

I've primarily been playing Phaedra, my mage, who is still looking for gear upgrades and, quite frankly, is a lot more fun to play when soloing. She has her own item wish list.

My main long-term goals right now for Phaedra are:

* Get to Revered with Timbermaw Furbolgs

Gear:
* Belt of the Archmage
* Cap of the Scarlet Savant
* Chromatic Cloak
* Orb of the Darkmoon
* Robe of the Archmage

My main short-term goal for Phaedra is:

* Get to Revered with Thorium Brotherhood

Basic status thus far:

Reputation with Argent Dawn
I'm friendly with AD right now and that probably won't change for a while. Farming for the Wizardweave patterns netted me somewhere in the neighborhood of 110 minion scourgestones (took several days of farming to get one pattern and then the other two dropped about three days after the first -- and within ten kills of reaching Corin's Crossing) so that'll help in the long run.

Astraea is somewhere in the middle of honored primarily from Scholo and Stratholme runs. I expect AD rep will be a nice side effect of those runs for Phaedra as well.

Reputation with Thorium Brotherhood
This is fun. Really, it is. I need 2,190 Dark Iron Ore. I've thus far purchased 439 off the AH, putting me about 20% there once I turn it in. (I really need to make at least one trip to the Grim Guzzler to offload some of this.) I've been spending most of my free time farming trying to get more coin to buy more DIO. (At 75s per ore, that's just over 1300g left. Luckily, a lot of what I've gotten thus far has been for less than that.)

Until I manage to pull this off, I'm told that Katina of CM can make Flarecore Leggings and do the +22 Int enchant.

Reputation with Timbermaw Furbolgs
I've been doing most of my coin grinding in Felwood and Winterspring off the furbolgs there. (Two birds, one stone.) What I've found in the process is:

1. If you want to get more return than just rep, farm the Deadwood Furbolgs in northern Felwood.
2. You grind faction a lot faster with two people. Unless you're a healer, three can be a problem since you may not be able to get a hit on every mob, especially if one person is a rogue.
3. If you're grinding primarily for coin, go ahead and group up with a rep hunter anyway. Even though you lose half the coin per kill, you're easily going through mobs at least twice as fast as you were alone.

Teaming up with a warrior from CoA and, later, that warrior and a rogue from Ignite, I got at least 1500 rep, not only getting me to friendly but almost 25% to Honored.

Belt of the Archmage
I'd really like this pattern -- but my luck with Knot has been horrible. He drops LW patterns whenever I'm around -- and Tailoring patterns when I'm not. Unfortunately, there's no magic way to get him to drop what I need so I just hope that shackle keys keep dropping. If I don't get it anytime soon, I know Kateley can make it.

The fun part is going to be getting the mats for this, in particular 12 Essence of Water and 12 Essence of Fire. I currently have 8 and 1 respectively. Somehow I think this is going to wait until I'm done with TB rep.

Cap of the Scarlet Savant
Seriously, I'd like one. I'll even start collecting abomination stitchings and scarlet thread... But, seriously, I've never seen PHotB drop. (I've actually seen Chromatic Carapace drop.) So, this is on my horrendously long-term list.

Chromatic Cloak
Of the gear I want, this might be the second-most viable item -- or the second-least viable item. Mats are 30 Rugged Leather, 12 Brilliant Chromatic Scale, 30 Black Dragonscale, 30 Red Dragonscale, 5 Cured Rugged Hide, and 8 Rune Thread. My understanding is that 0-3 Brilliant Chromatic Scales can drop in a UBRS run. This suggests a minimum of 12 UBRS runs and a potential maximum of, um, an infinite number of UBRS runs. (Which is fine because then maybe Rend will drop the Band of Rumination or Dragonrider Boots by then.)

And then I have to find a crafter but I imagine that's the easy part.

Orb of the Darkmoon
So... Phaedra is Tailor/Enchanter. This means that the only way I have to gain tickets is... mob body parts. I believe I calculated this would take 600 Evil Bat Eyes, which, given a 40% drop rate according to Allakhazam, suggests this will take about 1400 plaguebats. This means I should probably start farming soon, even if it does mean taking a break from farming gold for TB rep. (Although other bat parts can sell for coin too. If I can get a skinner to help -- or at least make leather from the bat corpses, that'd be even better. :) )

Robe of the Archmage
The LBRS run Phaedra went on was incredibly kind to her, dropping unusually caster-friendly loot. One of the things she picked up was the Robe of the Archmage pattern. RotA requires 10 each of Essence of Air, Essence of Earth, Essence of Fire, and Essence of Water. At present, I have 1, 0, 1, and 8 respectively. Again, I suppose I could take a week-long break from farming for coin for DIO but TB rep is really my primary goal right now.
Pesmerga,Nov 16 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:(Note: Thanks to sabra, GG, starkos, mjdoom, mirajj, and the others who helped me get everything I needed for Mio)
[right][snapback]95093[/snapback][/right]

I'm just an "other" now! <sob>
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Soraia,Nov 17 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:Teaming up with a warrior from CoA and, later, that warrior and a rogue from Ignite, I got at least 1500 rep, not only getting me to friendly but almost 25% to Honored.

Oddly enough, I think I ran into the same warrior and the rogue later that night. Got me about 2k rep. It went very well and he commented that we were damaging nearly as fast as with a mage -- now I know what mage he was talking about! Heh.

Quote:Chromatic Cloak
Of the gear I want, this might be the second-most viable item -- or the second-least viable item.&nbsp; Mats are 30 Rugged Leather, 12 Brilliant Chromatic Scale, 30 Black Dragonscale, 30 Red Dragonscale, 5 Cured Rugged Hide, and 8 Rune Thread.&nbsp; My understanding is that 0-3 Brilliant Chromatic Scales can drop in a UBRS run.&nbsp; This suggests a minimum of 12 UBRS runs and a potential maximum of, um, an infinite number of UBRS runs.&nbsp; (Which is fine because then maybe Rend will drop the Band of Rumination or Dragonrider Boots by then.)

Threndor can make this.

Red dragonscales also do drop (if skinned) in the UBRS runs, so be sure to ask skinners if you can have 'em. They also occasionally drop in Knot Thimblejack's cache.
Soraia,Nov 17 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:...
Chromatic Cloak
Of the gear I want, this might be the second-most viable item -- or the second-least viable item.&nbsp; Mats are 30 Rugged Leather, 12 Brilliant Chromatic Scale, 30 Black Dragonscale, 30 Red Dragonscale, 5 Cured Rugged Hide, and 8 Rune Thread.&nbsp; My understanding is that 0-3 Brilliant Chromatic Scales can drop in a UBRS run.&nbsp; This suggests a minimum of 12 UBRS runs and a potential maximum of, um, an infinite number of UBRS runs.&nbsp; (Which is fine because then maybe Rend will drop the Band of Rumination or Dragonrider Boots by then.)

[right][snapback]95182[/snapback][/right]
Luinilian, and iirc Porlupus can craft these as well.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Darian,Nov 17 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:I'm just an "other" now!&nbsp; <sob>
[right][snapback]95183[/snapback][/right]

Hey, everyone already knows you made my gun. Hell, I even made a post thanking you specifically.

Oh, and you also took me on my favorite UD Strath run ever. 7 CA members and me through horrible lag. It really was a freaking blast though :P

Better?
Tahapenes

Back: Cloak of the Broodlord or Cloak of Consumption

Chest: Jade Inlaid Vestments (have Robe of the Void)

Feet: Betrayer's Boots

Hands: Gloves of Delusional Power or Ebony Flame Gloves

Head: Mish'undare, Circlet of the Mind Flayer

Legs: Flarecore Leggings or Fel Infused Leggings

Shoulders: Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal

Waist: Firemaw's Clutch or Sash of Whispered Secrets

Wrist: Black Bark Wristbands

Main hand: Azuresong Mageblade

Off hand: Master Dragonslayer's Orb

Wand: Touch of Chaos

Ring: Mindtear Band and/or Elemental Focus Band and/or Band of Focused Concentration

Necklace: Choker of the Fire Lord

Trinket: Neltharion's Tear and Talisman of Ephemeral Power

Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
For Ramala -

Gear Goals:
For non-raid, just Hand of Justice from General Angerforge. Would probably replace my DM trinket when I'm not fightings 62/63s or FR mobs.

Reputation Goals:
Timbermaw - Revered. Get two recipes, but not really important.
Cenarion Circle - Revered. Worthless for me, but the one set does give NR for Hunters.

Ravenholdt - however high the game currently allows. The instant I can get more rep with them, I want it :P

That's pretty much it. Even in ZG, my goals overall are pretty small (though I consider the dagger a super-important one :P)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I am happy with Mirajj as she is. I am working through GS (and will DS when we get there) for completeness.

The only thing that could be said to pique my interest would be the Major Mojo set from ZG. But though I've seen it a lot, I've yet to win any of it. ;) As well, it's more of a 'nice' upgrade than an 'essential' one.

I am, however...whiling away hours in Winterspring, looking for that Sinew...
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Darian,Nov 17 2005, 04:28 PM Wrote:I'm just an "other" now!&nbsp; <sob>
[right][snapback]95183[/snapback][/right]
*hugs Darian*

You didn't realize you were an "other" before now? ;) :D

*hugs Darian again*
Intolerant monkey.
60. Working towards 60.
Lissa,Nov 18 2005, 06:43 AM Wrote:Main hand:&nbsp; Azuresong Mageblade
[right][snapback]95189[/snapback][/right]
Great! So you'll be leaving my Claw of Chromaggus alone then. ;)

What Taha has here is akin to my 'fantasy list', my more realistic list is

Cloak of Consumption
Jade Inlaid Vestments
Betrayer's Boots
Sandworm Skin Gloves (DONE)
Hexxer's Cover
Flarecore Leggings (soon)
Zandalar Illusionist's Mantle, which meshes with
Zandalar Illusionist's Wraps
Mana Igniting Cord (DONE... yay, me)
Azuresong Mageblade
Jin'do's Bag of Whammies
Touch of Chaos
Elemental Focus Band, Ring of Spell Power
Orb of the Darkmoon (DONE)
Zandalarian Hero's Charm (DONE), Talisman of Ephermeral Power

As for grinding rep, I guess it's mostly a tie between Thorium Brotherhood Revered (to be able to make Flarecore Leggings for anyone) and Cenarion Circle Revered (to be able summon Abyssal Royals... much fun to be had there). My bags are mostly stuffed with Dark Iron Ore and Twilight Texts these days when I'm not raiding.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Mirajj,Nov 17 2005, 06:49 PM Wrote:I am, however...whiling away hours in Winterspring, looking for that Sinew...
[right][snapback]95194[/snapback][/right]
If you ever want help when I'm on and not doing anything more important or interested than farming mobs, I can come help. :)

(Of course, I'm also motivated by the fact that the Cobalt Mageweavers drop the Robe of Winter Night pattern and I can't solo those. :whistling: )
Soraia,Nov 18 2005, 09:28 AM Wrote:(Of course, I'm also motivated by the fact that the Cobalt Mageweavers drop the Robe of Winter Night pattern and I can't solo those.&nbsp; :whistling: )
[right][snapback]95224[/snapback][/right]

I can, but it's far from efficient, and a priest (even if you put out 0 dps. ;) ) really, reallyi speeds things up for me going from 1/2 a circuit to nearly nonstop (8-10 minutes/trip). I'm always glad for company on my trips, and have even had a raid (6 of us) up there. T'was much fun.
~Not all who wander are lost...~