RP-PvP Tomarrow
TheDragoon,Sep 13 2005, 04:50 PM Wrote:I'd love to give the Horde a shot on a RP-PvP server but I'm kind of at a loss as to what kind of character to make..  I've already played a Warrior, a Warlock and a Priest up to level 60 and don't really want to repeat myself.  I feel like I should shy away from Shaman since everyone and his brother seems to make a Shaman when given the chance (since most of us play primarily Alliance on Stormrage). 

So I'm left pondering which of Mage, Hunter, Rogue or Druid that I would like to play.  I've done the Druid thing before and didn't really enjoy it that much (though being a healer makes it easy to get into groups).  I'm kind of leaning toward Hunter to try out the talents (though I'm sure a lot of people will do that, too) and try out a new class since my current Hunter is only level 13 or so.  However, said Hunter has a bunch of random BoE blue gear that I picked up and sent her way that it would be a shame to not use.  I already have some Mages on Stormrage and my Rogue is level 33. 

Like I said, I'm at a loss.  Then you throw in the fact that you have to pick race, as well, and I'm REALLY stymied!  :)
[right][snapback]89025[/snapback][/right]
Simple answer: Undead Rogue (though everyone and his brother seems to make an Undead Rogue) ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
TheDragoon,Sep 13 2005, 08:50 AM Wrote:I'd love to give the Horde a shot on a RP-PvP server but I'm kind of at a loss as to what kind of character to make..  I've already played a Warrior, a Warlock and a Priest up to level 60 and don't really want to repeat myself.  I feel like I should shy away from Shaman since everyone and his brother seems to make a Shaman when given the chance (since most of us play primarily Alliance on Stormrage). 

So I'm left pondering which of Mage, Hunter, Rogue or Druid that I would like to play.  I've done the Druid thing before and didn't really enjoy it that much (though being a healer makes it easy to get into groups).  I'm kind of leaning toward Hunter to try out the talents (though I'm sure a lot of people will do that, too) and try out a new class since my current Hunter is only level 13 or so.  However, said Hunter has a bunch of random BoE blue gear that I picked up and sent her way that it would be a shame to not use.  I already have some Mages on Stormrage and my Rogue is level 33. 

Like I said, I'm at a loss.  Then you throw in the fact that you have to pick race, as well, and I'm REALLY stymied!  :)
[right][snapback]89025[/snapback][/right]

I'm toying with an undead rogue in addition to the priest. Want to stealth around with me?
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
I think I'm gonna go Undead Rogue and Orc Warlock
<span style="color:red"> Terenas<!--/sizec-->

<span style="color:orange">
Tamainelka- ----62 O Hunter(Eng/Min)
Sharissea--------23 BE Hunter(Skin/Min)
Kaiyleri-----------17 BE Warlock(Tail/Ench)
Crysalisse--------05 BE Mage(Alch/Herb)
Paksarrian--------01 BE Paladin(LW/Smith)

<!--/sizec-->
For kicks, I tried connecting to Emerald Dream and Maelstrom just now.

Both have entry queues around 800, with an estimated time to join of about one hour.

Good luck!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Sep 13 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:For kicks, I tried connecting to Emerald Dream and Maelstrom just now.

Both have entry queues around 800, with an estimated time to join of about one hour.

Good luck!

-Bolty
[right][snapback]89104[/snapback][/right]

Eeeeeew. :(

TheLuminaire.net
The queues for Emerald Dream have consistently been shorter, though. Also, there's speculation on the official forums that Maelstrom's "cooler name" will attract not only more players, but specifically more players of the type everyone loathes, and particularly to the Horde side.

My plan is to roll Horde on Emerald Dream. If Lurkers and Basiners (hi; I'm a Basiner) end up gravitating to Maelstrom Horde, then I guess I'll follow, but I suspect players planning to roll Horde will be happier on Emerald Dream.
I ended up playing an Orc Hunter on Maelstrom this morning. I got him up to level 6 and then decided I had had enough of the massive camping and over-crowding (not to mention the non-stop whining that was going back and forth between the RP & PvP crowds) for the morning. His name was Dragerul, I believe, if you wanted to try and add me to your friends list. :)
-TheDragoon
Uh.... just to be contrary (well, not really, but I like to sound tough) I'm rolling Alliance on Emerald Dream when I can. If anyone wants to do Alliance on one of those new servers, that might be a good alternative. (And that way, those that like to play a little of both sides can do so without fighting their friends, etc.)

If anyone does go Alliance/Emerald Dream, let me know -- expanding the pool of potential hunting partners is always a good thing.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Dr_Stupid,Sep 13 2005, 05:31 PM Wrote:My plan is to roll Horde on Emerald Dream.&nbsp; If Lurkers and Basiners (hi; I'm a Basiner) end up gravitating to Maelstrom Horde, then I guess I'll follow, but I suspect players planning to roll Horde will be happier on Emerald Dream.[right][snapback]89110[/snapback][/right]
I heavily suggest that someone come out of the woodwork and volunteer with gusto to head up a Lurkers/Basin/Whatever guild on a faction on one of these servers, or the population will get spread out and nothing will take hold.

And no, I'm not doing it (although I'll probably play some).

I *think* that most Lurkers will want to play Horde since Stormrage is the heavy Alliance server and many players there might want to try the other side. But I don't speak for them, so I'm just guessing here.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Sep 13 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:For kicks, I tried connecting to Emerald Dream and Maelstrom just now.

Good luck!

-Bolty
[right][snapback]89104[/snapback][/right]
They have added a 3rd RPPvP realm; twisting neither. At this time there is no wait so I suggest creating chars on that. :)
Sir_Die_alot,Sep 13 2005, 07:02 PM Wrote:They have added a 3rd RPPvP realm; twisting neither. At this time there is no wait so I suggest creating chars on that. :)
[right][snapback]89137[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. I'll be starting there.

If no one else steps up, I'm going to try and start an Avarice guild here on Twisting Nether. Lurkers/CA/Basiners/ect will all be welcome, and hopefully we should all be able to get together.

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Sep 13 2005, 11:07 PM Wrote:Agreed.&nbsp; I'll be starting there.

If no one else steps up, I'm going to try and start an Avarice guild here on Twisting Nether.&nbsp; Lurkers/CA/Basiners/ect will all be welcome, and hopefully we should all be able to get together.
[right][snapback]89139[/snapback][/right]

Horde I'm assuming?
Pesmerga,Sep 13 2005, 07:38 PM Wrote:Horde I'm assuming?
[right][snapback]89146[/snapback][/right]
Lum and I have started a tauren warrior and hunter respectively Chindawè is mine.
Sir_Die_alot,Sep 14 2005, 12:23 AM Wrote:Lum and I have started a tauren warrior and hunter respectively Chindawè is mine.
[right][snapback]89155[/snapback][/right]
I started an undead rogue named Grr. Please fix a time and day for starting up Avarice.
Or post your toon's name so I can sign your guild charter.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Sep 14 2005, 03:16 AM Wrote:I started an undead rogue named Grr. Please fix a time and day for starting up Avarice.
Or post your toon's name so I can sign your guild charter.
[right][snapback]89171[/snapback][/right]

It will be some point later this evening. Die and I aren't level 10 yet.

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Sep 14 2005, 07:20 AM Wrote:It will be some point later this evening.&nbsp; Die and I aren't level 10 yet.
[right][snapback]89187[/snapback][/right]
My characters are (not sure which I'll be playing)
Dragerul - Orc Hunter
Adeus - Undead Warrior
Adameus - Troll Mage
Coldstar - Undead Rogue
Silverflail - Undead Priest
Zhakaro - Tauren Shaman
Cedra - Tauren Druid
-TheDragoon
Sir_Die_alot,Sep 14 2005, 01:23 AM Wrote:Lum and I have started a tauren warrior and hunter respectively Chindawè is mine.
[right][snapback]89155[/snapback][/right]
Despite Lum and Die's protests, I have also created some characters on Twisting Nether.

Solmyr - Undead mage
Falcore - Undead warlock
Zip - Troll priest
Zug - Orc shaman (the only one I've played so far)
Riek - Undead rogue
Mon - Troll hunter

I couldn't believe that Zug and Mon were available!
The error occurred on line -1.
Bolty,Sep 13 2005, 08:13 PM Wrote:I heavily suggest that someone come out of the woodwork and volunteer with gusto to head up a Lurkers/Basin/Whatever guild on a faction on one of these servers, or the population will get spread out and nothing will take hold.

And no, I'm not doing it (although I'll probably play some).

I *think* that most Lurkers will want to play Horde since Stormrage is the heavy Alliance server and many players there might want to try the other side.&nbsp; But I don't speak for them, so I'm just guessing here.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]89121[/snapback][/right]
Four of us (probably more) are already on Twisting Nether, so I feel like that would be a good choice.

I also strongly suggest that Die take up leadership of the guild. It's about time he did something useful. I suppose Lum could do it too. I'd follow him anywhere.
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,Sep 14 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:Four of us (probably more) are already on Twisting Nether, so I feel like that would be a good choice.[right][snapback]89205[/snapback][/right]
Got a level 5 Druid there.

-Bolty
Zippyy,Sep 14 2005, 07:38 AM Wrote:I couldn't believe that Zug and Mon were available!
[right][snapback]89204[/snapback][/right]
I was wondering who that person whispering and mailing me was. There were so many tweaks on you just didn't stick out at the time. :P