RP-PvP Tomarrow
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...l&T=4857307&P=1

Tomarrow comes the long awaited Role Playing server of the Player versus Player variant. My aim is to start anew here, although I still plan on frequenting with my cohorts in the lands of Stormrage.

Which foreign lands will you choose?

((Tomarrow after I get home from work, I'm probably going to start a new character on one of the new RP-PvP servers. You guys wanna join me? :)))
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Sep 12 2005, 07:05 PM Wrote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...l&T=4857307&P=1

Tomarrow comes the long awaited Role Playing server of the Player versus Player variant.  My aim is to start anew here, although I still plan on frequenting with my cohorts in the lands of Stormrage.

Which foreign lands will you choose?

((Tomarrow after I get home from work, I'm probably going to start a new character on one of the new RP-PvP servers.  You guys wanna join me? :)))
[right][snapback]88915[/snapback][/right]

I'll be creating chars on a RP-PvP server... however, they'll all be alts, like all my chars (because I dont have a lot of free time to play)
How many times do I have to tell you how to spell tomorrow? :huh:

I don't think WoW lends itself very well to roleplaying, but we'll see. I'll probably join you and see how it plays out. I just can't imagine playing WoW IC. There are too many OOC things that you can't just ignore and that need discussion.

One HUGE bonus will be that noobs probably won't be attracted to it, so there is a good chance that a higher majority of the server population will be intelligent, competent, and congenial.

I'll try it out with you!
The error occurred on line -1.
Quote:We're pleased to announce that we'll be releasing two new realms tomorrow after the morning's scheduled maintenance, which is slated to conclude at approximately 11AM PST. These two new realms will be part of the new RP-PvP realm type. The names of these realms are as follows:

Emerald Dream
Maelstrom

So get out that pad and paper and begin brainstorming ideas for a good name to call your new character!
I would create an Undead Rogue with the name "Pekahe" ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I'd be willing to give it a try but I must warn you I'm brand new when it comes to PvP..as in never played before in my life
<span style="color:red"> Terenas<!--/sizec-->

<span style="color:orange">
Tamainelka- ----62 O Hunter(Eng/Min)
Sharissea--------23 BE Hunter(Skin/Min)
Kaiyleri-----------17 BE Warlock(Tail/Ench)
Crysalisse--------05 BE Mage(Alch/Herb)
Paksarrian--------01 BE Paladin(LW/Smith)

<!--/sizec-->
On the EU forums there's been a rumbling flame war since the announcement that there would be a RP PvP server about 2 months ago. This has probably served to entrench people's negative views (ie that RPers are a bunch of stuck-up elitists and PvPers are a bunch of childish griefers)

I'm expecting a fair amount of bad temper tomorrow - lots of people being /reported for being out of character, lots of corpse camping and ganking

I also think there's a lot to look forward to and I think there's enormous scope to RP in WoW. I think where the RP experience has been fairly sedate so far these servers will be much more animated. Some people have generalised in the past that RP WoW is simply WoW without Barrens Chat - I think these servers will have a genuinely different feel. I wonder how you say "OMG I just got ganked" in RP? :rolleyes:

I'll be making a Paladin on the EU English language server. I'm looking forward to trying to talk Priests out of casting evil magics and Warlocks out of summoning Demons and stealing souls. I'd love to hook up with other Lurkers there
Once we know which server everyone is wanting to play, I'm game...lets try to get on a single server if possible....and if I make mistakes ...remember I'm a newbie when it comes to PvP
<span style="color:red"> Terenas<!--/sizec-->

Tamainelka- ----62 O Hunter(Eng/Min)
Sharissea--------23 BE Hunter(Skin/Min)
Kaiyleri-----------17 BE Warlock(Tail/Ench)
Crysalisse--------05 BE Mage(Alch/Herb)
Paksarrian--------01 BE Paladin(LW/Smith)

<!--/sizec-->
Brista,Sep 13 2005, 04:33 AM Wrote:I wonder how you say "OMG I just got ganked" in RP?&nbsp; :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]88961[/snapback][/right]

God's above! That seasoned warrior has bested me mightily! I must make haste and retreat, lest he find me again as I collect my things!

TheLuminaire.net
I think Maelstrom sounds like a more interesting server than Emerald Dream, so I'm going to create my characters there. I suggest we keep to a group, as this server is likely to get very crowded, very quickly.

Horde, or Alliance?

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Sep 13 2005, 09:35 AM Wrote:I think Maelstrom sounds like a more interesting server than Emerald Dream, so I'm going to create my characters there.&nbsp; I suggest we keep to a group, as this server is likely to get very crowded, very quickly.

Horde, or Alliance?
[right][snapback]88967[/snapback][/right]

Maelstrom sounds like a Horde server to me :P
Pesmerga,Sep 13 2005, 05:51 AM Wrote:Maelstrom sounds like a Horde server to me :P
[right][snapback]88969[/snapback][/right]

My thoughts exactly. I'll make myself a Undead Priest then.

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Sep 13 2005, 08:30 AM Wrote:God's above!&nbsp; That seasoned warrior has bested me mightily!&nbsp; I must make haste and retreat, lest he find me again as I collect my things!
[right][snapback]88966[/snapback][/right]
Minor pet peeve here. RP does not automatically mean speaking an older version of the English language. For WoW especially, Middle English or Old English just simply do not fit the world. You don't hear the NPCs speaking like that, the voice emotes don't sound like that. Roleplaying means acting as your character would act so go ahead and sound like your troll or your orc or your icky human ;) , but don't bring in the medieval stuff. This can be a big bone of contention with the other roleplayers on whatever server you (general you, not specific you) choose.

Ok. I'm done now. Carry on. Have fun. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Sep 13 2005, 06:08 AM Wrote:Minor pet peeve here.&nbsp; RP does not automatically mean speaking an older version of the English language.&nbsp; For WoW especially, Middle English or Old English just simply do not fit the world.&nbsp; You don't hear the NPCs speaking like that, the voice emotes don't sound like that.&nbsp; Roleplaying means acting as your character would act so go ahead and sound like your troll or your orc or your icky human ;) , but don't bring in the medieval stuff.&nbsp; This can be a big bone of contention with the other roleplayers on whatever server you (general you, not specific you) choose.

Ok.&nbsp; I'm done now. Carry on.&nbsp; Have fun. :D
[right][snapback]88972[/snapback][/right]

Oh I know. :P But I'm not speaking in any character right now, Am I?

Party pooper.

TheLuminaire.net
I would suggest a time be aggreed on to start a new char. I might put my shaman on hold to try this out.
TheLuminaire,Sep 13 2005, 09:57 AM Wrote:My thoughts exactly.&nbsp; I'll make myself a Undead Priest then.
[right][snapback]88970[/snapback][/right]

I'll be creating a few chars there... going to try and make one my new main... however... if you look at my sig... I like alts. :P

My ideas:

Undead Mage
Orc Warlock
Troll Shaman
Tauren Shaman
Tauren Druid

Leaning Shaman, but I'm open to suggestions from this list. :D

Note: I also have limited play time... :(
Treesh,Sep 13 2005, 09:08 AM Wrote:Minor pet peeve here.&nbsp; RP does not automatically mean speaking an older version of the English language.&nbsp; For WoW especially, Middle English or Old English just simply do not fit the world.&nbsp; You don't hear the NPCs speaking like that, the voice emotes don't sound like that.&nbsp; Roleplaying means acting as your character would act so go ahead and sound like your troll or your orc or your icky human ;) , but don't bring in the medieval stuff.&nbsp; This can be a big bone of contention with the other roleplayers on whatever server you (general you, not specific you) choose.

Ok.&nbsp; I'm done now. Carry on.&nbsp; Have fun. :D
[right][snapback]88972[/snapback][/right]

Hear, Hear! Thou dost say mine thoughts as if our heads t'wer twined. :-)

People should choose the race which fits the way they want to RP;
  • Orcs (ignorant): Zug zug. Me no work!<>
  • Tauren (lofty): Our enemies are as numerous as stones on the plains.<>
  • Undead (sinister): I've misplaced my toothbrush, well actually an eyebrow on a stick.<>
  • Troll (rasta): You come to me now, I know de herb man.
    <>
  • Human (dork): Don't I look stunning in this Beaststalker Cap?<>
  • Gnome (cute): Look, my buttons match my nose.<>
  • Dwarf (brogie): If yer having a party, I'll bring the Stout.<>
  • Elven (tired, aloof): *sigh* Are you still here?<>
    [st]
    But, those are my racial stereotypes. I believe that people should try to bring their own interpretation of the character to the game, and their dialogue.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I'd love to give the Horde a shot on a RP-PvP server but I'm kind of at a loss as to what kind of character to make.. I've already played a Warrior, a Warlock and a Priest up to level 60 and don't really want to repeat myself. I feel like I should shy away from Shaman since everyone and his brother seems to make a Shaman when given the chance (since most of us play primarily Alliance on Stormrage).

So I'm left pondering which of Mage, Hunter, Rogue or Druid that I would like to play. I've done the Druid thing before and didn't really enjoy it that much (though being a healer makes it easy to get into groups). I'm kind of leaning toward Hunter to try out the talents (though I'm sure a lot of people will do that, too) and try out a new class since my current Hunter is only level 13 or so. However, said Hunter has a bunch of random BoE blue gear that I picked up and sent her way that it would be a shame to not use. I already have some Mages on Stormrage and my Rogue is level 33.

Like I said, I'm at a loss. Then you throw in the fact that you have to pick race, as well, and I'm REALLY stymied! :)
-TheDragoon
Zippyy,Sep 12 2005, 06:19 PM Wrote:I don't think WoW lends itself very well to roleplaying, but we'll see.&nbsp; I'll probably join you and see how it plays out.&nbsp; I just can't imagine playing WoW IC.&nbsp; There are too many OOC things that you can't just ignore and that need discussion.

Become a pirate. Yarrr!
Zippyy,Sep 12 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:I don't think WoW lends itself very well to roleplaying, but we'll see.&nbsp; I'll probably join you and see how it plays out.&nbsp; I just can't imagine playing WoW IC.&nbsp; There are too many OOC things that you can't just ignore and that need discussion.
[right][snapback]88928[/snapback][/right]

Before, I would have agreed with you. However, after reading a few of the Warcraft novels... I've found interesting ways to role play a character. :)
This will be the names of the new PvP-RP servers in Europe when patch 1.7 goes live this night:

Quote:German:

&nbsp; &nbsp; * Kult der Verdammten (RP PvP) -- English translation: "Cult of the Damned"
&nbsp; &nbsp; * Das Syndikat (RP PvP) -- English translation: "The Syndicate"

English:

&nbsp; &nbsp; * Defias Brotherhood (RP PvP)
&nbsp; &nbsp; * The Venture Co. (RP PvP)

French:

&nbsp; &nbsp; * Conseil des Ombres (RP PvP)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller