College
Hi,

whathuh,Sep 7 2005, 08:07 AM Wrote:I think all guys deep down just want to get into a girl's pants.
[right][snapback]88494[/snapback][/right]
Of course they do. And visa versa. "A zygote is a gamete's way of producing more gametes. This may be the purpose of the universe." Lazarus Long as told to RAH ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Sep 7 2005, 05:23 PM Wrote:Hi,
Of course they do. And visa versa.

Not true. We have better things to think about most of the time. Guys don't realize there are better things to think about, unless they're like that guy in Fever Pitch.

You want proof of which is the superior sex? Girls will date average-looking or even kinda ugly guys because they have great personalities and are fun to be around. Guys will not do that. Guys date average-looking or even kinda ugly girls for three reasons: to get back at their ex-girlfriend, in exchange for homework, or because she's rich or famous/has close ties to someone who is.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Sep 9 2005, 09:37 AM Wrote:Not true.  We have better things to think about most of the time.  Guys don't realize there are better things to think about, unless they're like that guy in Fever Pitch.

You want proof of which is the superior sex?  Girls will date average-looking or even kinda ugly guys because they have great personalities and are fun to be around.  Guys will not do that.  Guys date average-looking or even kinda ugly girls for three reasons: to get back at their ex-girlfriend, in exchange for homework, or because she's rich or famous/has close ties to someone who is.

The "girls go for personality, guys go for looks" is a socialogical phenomenon I don't fully understand. Its a false hypothesis, one that can't be so easily made with sweeping generalizations as to gender traits.

I'll leave an open invitation to come visit Boston University and hang out by the three huge freshmen dorm complexes in which I am an RA. Pick any night (weeknights included) and stand outside a door.

You'll see just as many girls out there than guys going out dressed to the hilt, ready for some partying and "post partying" ;) (at BU you'll see plenty more girls out there than guys due to population domination of the lady folk).

College is a giant case study for hormones, and it definitely goes both ways :wub: :wub: :wub:

I gotta put my money down on Pete.

Cheers,

Munk
Lady Vashj,Sep 9 2005, 09:37 AM Wrote:Not true.  We have better things to think about most of the time.  Guys don't realize there are better things to think about, unless they're like that guy in Fever Pitch.

You want proof of which is the superior sex?  Girls will date average-looking or even kinda ugly guys because they have great personalities and are fun to be around.  Guys will not do that.  Guys date average-looking or even kinda ugly girls for three reasons: to get back at their ex-girlfriend, in exchange for homework, or because she's rich or famous/has close ties to someone who is.
[right][snapback]88676[/snapback][/right]
More likely my old adage, "Boys toy around with love to get sex, and girls toy around with sex to get love."

I'd like to add one to your list; "Guys date average-looking" girls rather than try to converse intelligently with beautiful brainless idiots. Like Eddie Murphy said in Coming to America: "I need a woman who can stimulate my intellect as well as my loins."

Then again, if you go looking for the guy who has little interest in you sexually, you might just be barking up the wrong tree. Yes, he might be gay. But, when Kinsey determined than men reach their sexual peak at eighteen, it meant that as they age after that their interest (obsession/hormonal drive) ebbs as they age. If you find a man in his early 20's who is apathetic sexually, imagine your sexual boredom with him as he gets to 40.

When I was 18, I was like those embarassing dogs that hump the couch if it looks comfortable enough. :D My humble advice is that for true happiness you find a dog who is trainable enough for you to take out in public. If I remember back to my college years, really all the women were looking for was a guy who would not embarass them in front of their friends. A guy who knew how to keep a woman happy, and knew when to keep his mouth shut.

You might entertain the notion that the guy you are engaged with in stimulating conversation with is not (at least at that moment) interested in getting into your pants, but really he is and is trying to pass your test of disinterest long enough for you to "warm up" to the idea. I'm so glad I'm married and don't need to play THAT game anymore. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

In other words, yes we (almost said they, than remembered I'm in this group also, just with a lot less hanging around females) want ot get into a female's pants. In a lot of cases though, it is because of other things that certain people get picked up. If someone can understand quatum physics, that adds a lot to the "pants desire".
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Sep 9 2005, 02:50 PM Wrote:In other words, yes we (almost said they, than remembered I'm in this group also, just with a lot less hanging around females) want ot get into a female's pants.  In a lot of cases though, it is because of other things that certain people get picked up.  If someone can understand quatum physics, that adds a lot to the "pants desire".
[right][snapback]88709[/snapback][/right]

Strange Bottom Down on the docks
spied Up Top Charm and set her locks.
She hadron, you see,
quantum mechanically
put them both within Schrödinger's box.

What Color! What Charge! What a Spin!
What a probable box to be in!
What a wonderful GUT
to Big Bang her butt
she'll superstring him along once again.

Dog, I love subatomic interactions!
These days there are dozens of factions
each with their own theory.
It's making me weary
In fact, I think I'll hit the sack, you 'uns.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

eppie,Sep 7 2005, 04:43 AM Wrote:I love wearing sandal and shorts on the lab, especially when it is warm. Something that drops on your trousers is often more dangerous...becuase you don't know it is there.
Same goed for wearing gloves....bad idea most of the time (only not when you work with carcinogenic stuff, bromine, and piranha solution).
Most important lab rule, is think what you are doing.

But getting lower grades for not putting on your glasses.....that is treating students as if they were children...bad idea.
[right][snapback]88477[/snapback][/right]
Back when my dad was into chemistry, he once hit a guy in the eye with some solution. It's really not a bad idea to keep them on all the time. My brother got something in his eyes as well, and acutally had to use the eye drenchers. I bet he lost his contacts in the process.

I agree that some of the stuff is idiotic and pure common sense. I also half agree with your idea that trousers are more dangerous. It is very true that a sharp knife is much safer than a dull knife, mainly because you don't use nearly as much force to accomplish the same task (and most people are safer with sharp objects.) However, if you pour HCl on your pants, it won't burn your skin, just your pants. You will probably realize if you drop something on you, since you are dealing with dangerous chemicals.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
kandrathe,Sep 9 2005, 05:03 PM Wrote:Strange Bottom Down on the docks
spied  Up Top Charm and set her locks.
She hadron, you see,
quantum mechanically
put them both within Schrödinger's box.

What Color!  What Charge!  What a Spin!
What a probable box to be in!
What a wonderful GUT
to Big Bang her butt
she'll superstring him along once again.

Dog, I love subatomic interactions!
These days there are dozens of factions
each with their own theory.
It's making me weary
In fact, I think I'll hit the sack, you 'uns.
[right][snapback]88716[/snapback][/right]
Wow.

Lady Vashj,Sep 9 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:You want proof of which is the superior sex? Girls will date average-looking or even kinda ugly guys because they have great personalities and are fun to be around. Guys will not do that. Guys date average-looking or even kinda ugly girls for three reasons: to get back at their ex-girlfriend, in exchange for homework, or because she's rich or famous/has close ties to someone who is.
I love stereotypes. You forgot that guys date average-looking or even kinda ugly girls because they are desperate.

Of course, I know of plenty of guys who don't fit that description at all. I also know girls who don't fit that description. I prefer personality over other stuff. My ex-girlfriend was a nice girl, but we hardly ever talked. With us going of to opposite sides of the state, I just couldn't make it last. Honestly, if I can't carry on a 30 minute conversation every-so-often with a person, I tend to avoid them.

Munkay,Sep 9 2005, 02:51 PM Wrote:at BU you'll see plenty more girls out there than guys due to population domination of the lady folk
My roomate's sister goes to BU. Or at least went. I think she went to study abroad. I see plenty of people go out to parties every night, not so much on weeknights as on weekends. Surprisingly, it's about 50/50 going out to parties, even though I go to an engineering school, highly dominated by males.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.