Onyxia.
Darian,Aug 2 2005, 12:08 AM Wrote:Well, we weren't ALL in blues and greens anyway... Altrius and I scored epic gear in MC last Monday.  ;)

But still.  Woot!
[right][snapback]84824[/snapback][/right]

Hate. ;)
LochnarITB,Aug 2 2005, 12:35 AM Wrote:drivel deleted
[right][snapback]84831[/snapback][/right]
But I like to read Lochnar drivel. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
First off, Congrats! Any way you look at it, Onyxia is a challenging fight with many different ways you can wipe.

About fear ward, I think the comment about it is more so just talking about how it's bugged right now. In the spell description it says that the ward will make the target immune to fear once and then disappear. However, since patch 1.60 fear ward will make someone immune to an unlimited amount of fears for 10minutes, never getting used up unless the buff is dispelled.

acidjax,Aug 2 2005, 09:10 AM Wrote:About fear ward, I think the comment about it is more so just talking about how it's bugged right now.  In the spell description it says that the ward will make the target immune to fear once and then disappear.  However, since patch 1.60 fear ward will make someone immune to an unlimited amount of fears for 10minutes, never getting used up unless the buff is dispelled.
[right][snapback]84861[/snapback][/right]

We're quite aware of that. Many of us made do by pointing our nose at the wall and walking. Others, like me, did a back and forth dance to keep from getting feared into lava. Many of us have the fire resist and health to withstand a walk into the lava and just bandaged and moved on. Placing the sole means of victory on the use of dwarven fear ward cheapens the work that everyone did to get that victory.
At around 8:50 Central time 2 Aug 05 a raw copy of the last 9% of Onyxia and what we got for loot will be located here. It's 47MB, XviD encoded so some color and sharpness loss. Has Teamspeak audio in it, there is some foul language. It ends on the sad note of Sabra saying she died to a warder because we got hit with the instance summon bug.

Note it is stil in the process of being uploaded since it's only 8:20 Central time while I am making this post but since I very likely won't be around at 8:50 to post about it, I figured I would post now.

I am converting the other raw fraps captures now so that I can do some more cuts and splices and get some of the panning shots of all those involved lined up. Converting before splicing since working with 90 MB files is a lot easier than 4GB files. :) This is my first real video capture and conversion/editing, ever, so there you go. A little bit of lurker history "caught on film". :)

Edit: Video is up now. See the druid unleashing her wrath on the big lizard! :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Tal,Aug 2 2005, 06:19 AM Wrote:We're quite aware of that. Many of us made due by pointing our nose at the wall and walking. Others, like me, did a back and forth dance to keep from getting feared into lava. Many of us have the fire resist and health to withstand a walk into the lava and just bandaged and moved on. Placing the sole means of victory on the use of dwarven fear ward cheapens the work that everyone did to get that victory.
[right][snapback]84862[/snapback][/right]

In my opinion, people trying to counter lava crack fear (with moving) and self-bandaging is the most important part to the success of phase 3. Without non-healers trying to be self reliant I bet Onyxia wouldn't have been killed, fear ward or not.

Fear ward just makes the task for the tank easier in what may be the toughest boss to tank in the game.
VERY nice, folks. VERY nice.

*applauds*

acidjax,Aug 2 2005, 08:35 AM Wrote:In my opinion, people trying to counter lava crack fear (with moving) and self-bandaging is the most important part to the success of phase 3.  Without non-healers trying to be self reliant I bet Onyxia wouldn't have been killed, fear ward or not.
[right][snapback]84867[/snapback][/right]
Exactly, which is why the "fear ward ftw" comment was taken to be a snide, hurtful one. Just another unnecessary jab between the factions.
Intolerant monkey.
Savingsupertokyo,Aug 1 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:fear ward ftw.
[right][snapback]84813[/snapback][/right]

For this, I dub thee, Sir Clownshoes!

They worked hard for this. Don't cheapen it. It's classless and rude.

Kthnxbyebye.
Congratulations guys! That must have been the sweetest feeling, seeing 1% change to 0% and the death animation finally play :)

I hope you guys had an absolute blast.

With 33 players only - you have something to be proud of... Well done!
*peeks in*

Congrats, you guys! That's awesome!
Gnollguy,Aug 1 2005, 10:26 PM Wrote:Let me see if I can get the role call here.
[right][snapback]84821[/snapback][/right]

In my haze I managed to take a screenshot of the raid group for posterity's sake:

[Image: OnyKillers.jpg]

And also a random funny image from earlier that day. This is what happens when a warrior tries to solo a fire elemental in BRD and forgets to put on his FR gear... we both die simultaneously!

[Image: DoubleDeath.jpg]

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Awesome, guys! Congratulations! And with only 33 people on your first kill, too. That's fantastic!

OK, I can't help putting in one jab: Mirajj, why are you using your Argent Dawn Commision against Onyxia? :D
MongoJerry,Aug 2 2005, 01:35 PM Wrote:Awesome, guys!  Congratulations!  And with only 33 people on your first kill, too.  That's fantastic!

OK, I can't help putting in one jab:  Mirajj, why are you using your Argent Dawn Commision against Onyxia?  :D
[right][snapback]84919[/snapback][/right]

Heh, don't knock Mirajj there. I was too. Only because I haven't found/recieved my Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas and haven't made my Hyper-Radiant Flame Reflector
MongoJerry,Aug 2 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:Awesome, guys!  Congratulations!  And with only 33 people on your first kill, too.  That's fantastic!
[right][snapback]84919[/snapback][/right]

It's interesting... we seem to fill the boat for MC, but always hover between 31-36 for Onyxia. Go figure. ;)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Congrats! So envious. :)

Chris
Mucho congrats! *eyes that Stormrage Cover covetously* :whistling:
Tuftears,Aug 2 2005, 03:28 PM Wrote:Mucho congrats!  *eyes that Stormrage Cover covetously*  :whistling:
[right][snapback]84931[/snapback][/right]

We'll be hitting her again next Thursday. :)
Pesmerga,Aug 2 2005, 11:56 AM Wrote:Heh, don't knock Mirajj there.  I was too.  Only because I haven't found/recieved my Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas and haven't made my Hyper-Radiant Flame Reflector

Well, you can at least use Smott's Compass.
MongoJerry,Aug 2 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:Well, you can at least use Smott's Compass.
[right][snapback]84943[/snapback][/right]

That would require me to go to STV, a place I hate with the passion of.... well, of something.