Onyxia.
33 players equipped only with blue and green items took Onyxia down tonight.

[Image: onyxia0.jpg]

[Image: onyxia1.jpg]

[Image: onyxia2.jpg]

[Image: onyxia3.jpg]

[Image: onyxia4.jpg]

[Image: onyxia5.jpg]
fear ward ftw.
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
here are some group photos at SW afterwards ^_^

[Image: FirstOnyxiakill.jpg]
[Image: firstonyxiakill2.jpg]

Congrats to all those involved. this is a Big step to the future of the Lurkers as well as the other guilds involved!!

I can't wait to help take her down soon!
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
I'll be editing up and trying to post some video's of it as well. I remembered to start recording when she was at about 8%. So nothing really exciting.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Some of the screenies that I got.

[Image: dead1.jpg]

[Image: dead2.jpg]

[Image: dead3.jpg]
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Let me see if I can get the role call here.

Warriors (3)
Anadrol - Carpe Aurum
Logicwrath - Keepers of the Cheese
Darian - Carpe Aurum

Paladins (3)
Starkos - House Harpell
Sharanna - Lurkers
Altrius - Carpe Aurum

Hunters (6)
Porlupus - Carpe Aurum
Celethirian - Lurkers
Leeah - Lurkers
Cheetahz - House Harpell
Mirajj - Lurkers
Miodvitnir - Lurkers

Rogues (4)
Novaa - Carpe Aurum
Kalamere - Carpe Aurum
Arleas - Carpe Aurum
Ramala - Lurkers

Druids (2)
Hykim - Lurkers
Taranna - Lurkers

Priests (6)
Vilatra - Carpe Aurum
Flyndar - Lurkers
Sirreal - Prodigy
Onan - Carpe Aurum
Puweyxil - Keepers of the Cheese
Silverflail - Lurkers

Warlocks (2)
Tahapenese - Lurkers
Killion - House Harpell

Mages (7)
Sabramage - Lurkers
Psybie - Carpe Aurum
Lochnar - Lurkers
Ellaine - Carpe Aurum
Kapowee - Carpe Aurum
Aero - Keepers of the Cheese
Usul - Prodigy

* - order is hardest to softest "shell" for each the classes. Then I went through and put all the people from group one under their class list then all the people from group two, etc.
---
mega grats!

You're not all in blues and greens now!

:D :D
Brista,Aug 1 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:mega grats!

You're not all in blues and greens now!
[right][snapback]84822[/snapback][/right]

Well, we weren't ALL in blues and greens anyway... Altrius and I scored epic gear in MC last Monday. ;)

But still. Woot!
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Link to big images.

Pic One
Pic Two
Pic Three

We'll drop her again next week. :)
Savingsupertokyo,Aug 1 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:fear ward ftw.
[right][snapback]84813[/snapback][/right]
*sigh*
drivel deleted

-----------------------

Thanks and grats all. It was great being there the first time we took her down. As we had been saying, a good transition seems to be the key to doing it and the transition tonight was beautifully free of drama. It was great to see those single digit percents counted down knowing she was soon finished. I bet she will be eating her Wheaties the day we have our next run scheduled. :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Two Stormrage Covers, ain't that always the way. :lol:

Congratulations guys, great work. Onyxia's a toughie. The Tich Basin has killed her around 4 times but last week she still gave us fits and we couldn't drop her after 4-5 tries (this after two weeks of first pull kills).

Fear Ward is, for the record, not a huge deal. Walk backwards when the ground shakes and it's GG. I still wish fear ward was less bugged though, especially in Alterac Valley.
It was a good time. Always nice to kill Onyxia twice in one night :D. Too bad I had a nasty headache and couldn't stick around for the festivities afterwards.

LochnarITB,Aug 2 2005, 12:35 AM Wrote:As we had been saying, a good transition seems to be the key to doing it and the transition tonight was beautifully free of drama.
[right][snapback]84831[/snapback][/right]

I hate to sound like the grinch right after the kill; but we had issues getting aggro back to Anadrol when she landed and she ate many people. A well placed battle rze putting a priest out of combat helped in getting everyone back on their feet. We are still going to have to work on cleaning that up for the next time. Other than that it was a great fight and went very smoothly.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Dead or alive = great night! (dead=me & Onyxia)
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Savingsupertokyo,Aug 1 2005, 09:08 PM Wrote:fear ward ftw.
[right][snapback]84813[/snapback][/right]
Like the horde doesn't use well placed tremor totems to help them there. Or is it grounding for fear? Been too long since I've had to use either.

Or just have their undead tanks and priests activate their will of the forsaken. Before you make "smart" comments like that, think before you do.

If you didn't actually mean that as a snarky comment, I apologize for my snarkiness here, but horde has more ways to deal with fear than Alliance does. Without having to rely on trinkets and other gear.
Intolerant monkey.
Pretty sure grounding doesn't work here, and tremor would laughably ineffective at preventing damage to the raid. I don't think we use either against Onyxia.
mjdoom,Aug 2 2005, 05:43 AM Wrote:I hate to sound like the grinch right after the kill; but we had issues getting aggro back to Anadrol when she landed and she ate many people.
[right][snapback]84839[/snapback][/right]

That was the first aggro issue we had in about 5 attempts, strangely enough. The difference was that, this time, no one got punted into the whelps during transition.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Boutros,Aug 2 2005, 01:46 AM Wrote:Two Stormrage Covers, ain't that always the way.&nbsp; :lol:
[right][snapback]84832[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but for once, we actually had enough druids to cover it!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Aug 2 2005, 07:39 AM Wrote:Yes, but for once, we actually had enough druids to cover it!
[right][snapback]84856[/snapback][/right]

Yep we had the covers covered. :)
---
Tal,Aug 2 2005, 12:39 AM Wrote:*sigh*
[right][snapback]84827[/snapback][/right]

I had originally decided to just sigh and roll my eyes at the comment but this morning I have decided to elaborate. So here it is.

It would be nice if we could get away from the whole "Alliance is ez-mode, Horde is teh h@rdc0re" crap just once in the forums. It would also be nice, especially here on the Lurker Lounge, for us to just be happy for each other playing the game and having fun without the ninja jabs and slings.

What we did last night was a special accomplishment for the Lurkers, Carpe Aurum, Keepers of the Cheese and House Harpell members. We came together and worked together as a team to overcome a very tough foe. Whats more is that for months we have been working towards this goal. Hours spent in BRD and Upper Black Rock Spire. Farming elements for fire resist potions, shards for fire resist enchants. We've done countless loot runs to help better equip our members. All with the goal of beating the dragon and kicking the crap outta Molten Core.

And you have to come in here and cheapen our accomplishment with your snide comments. You could have said "congrats". Or "good job". Instead you choose to be a jerk.

Thanks for nothing.