Onyxia.
MongoJerry,Aug 2 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:Awesome, guys!  Congratulations!  And with only 33 people on your first kill, too.  That's fantastic!

OK, I can't help putting in one jab:  Mirajj, why are you using your Argent Dawn Commision against Onyxia?  :D
[right][snapback]84919[/snapback][/right]

Its come to my attention that we simply do not have enough hunters in Onyxia. We require you, Mongo, to cowboy up and get Braney to 60 ASAP. :)
Tal,Aug 2 2005, 03:49 PM Wrote:Its come to my attention that we simply do not have enough hunters in Onyxia. We require you, Mongo, to cowboy up and get Braney to 60 ASAP. :)
[right][snapback]84948[/snapback][/right]

There is a reason I'm leveling my Priest as quickly as possible.... so many hunters.... ::dies::
Congratulations!

Kind of surprised that SR Basin and SR Lurkers aren't cooperating more on the high end content, but it's good to see both communities making headway.

If I was putting together a strategy for Onyxia Alliance side, I think I would fear ward only the MT (bugged version or non-bugged version nomatter - just extra mana for re-application). A lot of guilds specifically tell the rest of the raid NOT to wear shadow resist items - might as well take advantage of a free aggro reduction for all but the MT. With a little familiarity (takes a while to register the ground shaking that goes on), running backwards a split second before it triggers is quite easy to time.

Tremor totems will counter fear, but only after some aggro has been reduced. Had my first shot at MTing Onyxia last week on Tich and getting & holding aggro during the phase 2-3 transition is real squirrely!

I in no way think that Alliance is "easy mode", however. You have to deal with pallies ninjaing all the good warrior gear. :P
Olon97,Aug 2 2005, 05:29 PM Wrote:Kind of surprised that SR Basin and SR Lurkers aren't cooperating more on the high end content, but it's good to see both communities making headway.[right][snapback]84951[/snapback][/right]

As the joker organizing this stuff, if anyone from the SR Basin is interested in joining our rotation, I'm all ears.

Quote:Tremor totems will counter fear, but only after some aggro has been reduced. Had my first shot at MTing Onyxia last week on Tich and getting & holding aggro during the phase 2-3 transition is real squirrely!

Ugh, it's stressful. The one time I had to MT for the 2/3 transition, those 30 seconds were the most panicked I'd been in there. (I managed to get her to the wall, but at the wrong angle, and it was. . . bad.)

Quote:I in no way think that Alliance is "easy mode", however. You have to deal with pallies ninjaing all the good warrior gear. :P

<hides Lightorge Helm>

<and Dreadmist Mask>

Darian Redwin - just some dude now
mjdoom,Aug 2 2005, 04:43 AM Wrote:I hate to sound like the grinch right after the kill; but we had issues getting aggro back to Anadrol when she landed and she ate many people.&nbsp; A well placed battle rze putting a priest out of combat helped in getting everyone back on their feet.&nbsp; We are still going to have to work on cleaning that up for the next time.
[right][snapback]84839[/snapback][/right]
Hmmm, ok, I didn't see it that way from where I was. In the past attempts, we had always managed to get waves of whelps at the transition, which led to many going down and the raid never recovering. Last night, I thought we got past the transition and then aggro was lost later, downing a large chunk of the raid. As I said last night, many compliments to the rezage and healage that was performed to get the raid back up to finish her off. Once I saw the group coming back together, I knew it was our time for the win. Good times.

BTW, I've seen CindyLou running around Azeroth. Perhaps you would like to look her up and tell the littlest Who that Christmas won't be coming to Whoville! :P :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Gnollguy,Aug 2 2005, 08:27 AM Wrote:Video is up now
[right][snapback]84863[/snapback][/right]
Thanks GG. It was fun watching the end again. One of these days, I'm going to remember to turn TS on without anyone reminding me. I missed all the cheering because I forgot to run it last night. D'oh. :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
mjdoom,Aug 2 2005, 04:43 AM Wrote:It was a good time.&nbsp; Always nice to kill Onyxia twice in one night :D.&nbsp; Too bad I had a nasty headache and couldn't stick around for the festivities afterwards.
I hate to sound like the grinch right after the kill; but we had issues getting aggro back to Anadrol when she landed and she ate many people.&nbsp; A well placed battle rze putting a priest out of combat helped in getting everyone back on their feet.&nbsp; We are still going to have to work on cleaning that up for the next time.&nbsp; Other than that it was a great fight and went very smoothly.

- mjdoom
[right][snapback]84839[/snapback][/right]
Although it was hard to know what was happening on the opposite side, where I was things seemed in control, and no whelps. I knew we had a chance as long as one of our tanks was available to regain aggro and healers to keep the tank alive. It took awhile to get used to the fear waves and find a spot against a wall where I was not in danger of running too close to lava, whelps or Ony. It helped alot to be back in phase I position at 42% and just getting close enough to continue shooting until she landed. Once she landed, it was just a matter of staying alive until it was time to shoot at her some more.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

MongoJerry,Aug 2 2005, 01:35 PM Wrote:OK, I can't help putting in one jab:&nbsp; Mirajj, why are you using your Argent Dawn Commision against Onyxia?&nbsp; :D
[right][snapback]84919[/snapback][/right]

Because I have a grand total of three trinkets. One that adds +5 to health/mana regeneration, the Carrot on a Stick, and the AD Commission. So really, what my trinket slot is filled with from the selection I have doesn't make a hair of a difference.

I am beyond unlucky when it comes to finding/buying jewellry/trinkets. I still have a necklace and a ring from when I was 40. I have a Band of the Heirophant I lucked into in a chest. And the three trinkets I mentioned earlier.

As I've said to others before you...If I had better, I'd wear better.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Olon97,Aug 2 2005, 05:29 PM Wrote:Kind of surprised that SR Basin and SR Lurkers aren't cooperating more on the high end content, but it's good to see both communities making headway.[right][snapback]84951[/snapback][/right]
I think much of that has to do with the autojoin channel bug. Since the last patch there is only a handful of people in the channel at any one time. I know I've been a pest to Tuftears asking him to relay LFG adverts to the basiners but I haven't had much luck filling groups with Basiners. Its something that all the Allied guilds will need to work on more in the future.

Olon97,Aug 2 2005, 05:29 PM Wrote:I in no way think that Alliance is "easy mode", however. You have to deal with pallies ninjaing all the good warrior gear. :P
[right][snapback]84951[/snapback][/right]

Heh. Darian, Gnolack and Mentat were safe from me the first time I got a piece of Lightforge. I simply must complete a set once I start it. Though I have been tempted to get Valor on Shar once Gnolack and Mentat have completed their sets. :D
Tal,Aug 3 2005, 08:32 AM Wrote:I simply must complete a set once I start it.[right][snapback]85015[/snapback][/right]

Ha! I'm the same exact way. I know some of the DM stuff is better for a Hunter, however, I already have 6 pieces of the BS Set!
Mirajj,Aug 3 2005, 04:22 AM Wrote:Because I have a grand total of three trinkets. One that adds +5 to health/mana regeneration, the Carrot on a Stick, and the AD Commission. So really, what my trinket slot is filled with from the selection I have doesn't make a hair of a difference.
I am beyond unlucky when it comes to finding/buying jewellry/trinkets. I still have a necklace and a ring from when I was 40. I have a Band of the Heirophant I lucked into in a chest. And the three trinkets I mentioned earlier.

As I've said to others before you...If I had better, I'd wear better.
[right][snapback]84979[/snapback][/right]

I would like to recommend the Shard of Afrasa (or something).
Its a very easy to get trinket that you get from a quest in Blasted Lands. You have to help the fallen hero of the Horde on the line between Swamp of Sorrows and Blasted Lands. It gives +5 mana/health regen or something to that effect.

Hang on, thotting it.. Clicky!

A thing I usually do when hunting equipment is that I enter the search on Allakhazam and just enter item type and slot and then browse through what they come up with.
Its fun.

Best of luck Mirajj!

------------------

Congrats on the Onyxia deal! That was a long time coming!
I wish I could have come but .. quite frankly I have been out-raided when it comes to Onyxia attempts. I'm sorry to say that but that's just how I felt that day. I had a blast doing one of my most fun run in BRD with some other people from MJ that I'm just getting to know and it was a blast :)

Anyway, as soon as I get Telsak blooded I will bring him along on the 'nyxia runs.
Alrin is most likely going to be constantly locked into the runs that MJ arrange.
Anyway, good work folks.

Kudos Darian.
You're the best. You have my utmost sincere respect.

Salud.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Mirajj,Aug 2 2005, 08:22 PM Wrote:Because I have a grand total of three trinkets.

Mark of the Chosen: a 2% chance when you are struck to give you +25 to all stats for 1 minute. There is a quest requiring a party from the centaur heretic at the south side of Desolace. You will need to kill five Khans - there are three outside Maraudon, and two shortly into the Purple and Orange sides of maraudon respectively.

Blackhand's Breadth: +2% critical strike. A letter drops from Emperor Wyrmthalak in LBRS - not sure if it's raid-droppable. When you get it, you turn it in at Morgan's Vigil in Burning Steppes, yielding a quest to kill Drakkisath in UBRS. One UBRS raid later, you'll have a choice of three nice trinkets. Druids should take the Mark of Tyrannt for +180 armor which gets multiplied by the dire bear form.

Seal of the Dawn: +76 attack power when fighting undead, also acts as an Argent Dawn commission. Need to collect plagued flesh from Stratholme, then investigate the ziggurats. Quest starts from Light's Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands.

Mark of Resolution: 1% chance to resist fear or stun, use to absorb 350-650 physical damage, effect lasts 10 secs. Quest reward from Alas, Andorhal which requires killing Araj in Western Plaguelands. Starts from Chillwind Point.

Smott's Compass: 1% dodge. Quest starts from Captain Smott in Booty Bay, on the dock near the boat.

Tal:
Quote:I think much of that has to do with the autojoin channel bug. Since the last patch there is only a handful of people in the channel at any one time. I know I've been a pest to Tuftears asking him to relay LFG adverts to the basiners but I haven't had much luck filling groups with Basiners.

Omni wrote a nice 'PermaJoin' mod to fix this.

I don't mind relaying LFG adverts to the Basin in-game guild, so do feel free to ask me if I'm on.

I think one reason there haven't been Basiners on these raids is that there hasn't been an invite posted on the Basin boards to this effect, or even requests for Onyxia-keyed or MC-attuned persons in honorables or directly.
Alrin,Aug 3 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:I would like to recommend the Shard of Afrasa (or something).
It gives +5 mana/health regen or something to that effect.

Hang on, thotting it.. Clicky!

Best of luck Mirajj!

That's the one that I have, I just forgot the name of it. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Tal,Aug 3 2005, 08:32 AM Wrote:I think much of that has to do with the autojoin channel bug. Since the last patch there is only a handful of people in the channel at any one time. I know I've been a pest to Tuftears asking him to relay LFG adverts to the basiners but I haven't had much luck filling groups with Basiners. Its something that all the Allied guilds will need to work on more in the future.
Heh. Darian, Gnolack and Mentat were safe from me the first time I got a piece of Lightforge. I simply must complete a set once I start it. Though I have been tempted to get Valor on Shar once Gnolack and Mentat have completed their sets. :D
[right][snapback]85015[/snapback][/right]

No need to wait on Gnolack for it. I tank. Valor is not tank gear, really don't care if I get it all or not. The legs might be better for some situations than the lightforge legs I have but I generally wear my leather ones that add crit, hit, and doge % as well as agi when soloing. Might wear valor if I get more pieces and then get or pay for enchanting mats to make it somewhat better. I just don't care too much about it, or any other loot, unless not having it really hurts my effectiveness (which is becoming the case with my shield and cloak slots, I need more HP on both of those).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Mirajj,Aug 2 2005, 08:22 PM Wrote:Because I have a grand total of three trinkets. One that adds +5 to health/mana regeneration, the Carrot on a Stick, and the AD Commission. So really, what my trinket slot is filled with from the selection I have doesn't make a hair of a difference.

OK, looks like it's time for a few Lurkers to cowboy up and get one of the easiest and useful trinkets to get: Smott's Compass.

The only preparation needed for this quest is getting a hold of 10 Barbeque'd Buzzard Wings. If you can't buy them off the auction house, then one person should go to the Badlands and kill a bunch of buzzards until they get 10 buzzard wings. I recommend killing around the skeleton that's just south of Kargath (Apocrephon's Rest or something like that) where about a dozen buzzards hang out and respawn quickly. Once you have those wings, it should be easy to find someone who can cook them for you, whether in the guild or not. Note: Only *one* person in the group needs to have the BBQ Buzzard Wings. They're used to summon the giant, and only one person needs to do it.

Once you have the 10 BBQ buzzard wings, here's how it works:

1. Gather a group of Lurkers who don't have a decent set of trinkets.
2. Fly down to Booty Bay.
3. Swim out to the island with the big goblin statue on it.
4. Kill the giant who hangs out there who's always yelling and taunting Captain Smott. He's like a 50ish elite, and he drops a belt that starts the quest series (note: Smott doesn't start the quest series. The belt does). This also has the benefit of shutting up the giant for a couple of minutes.
5. Turn in the belt to Smott who gives you a followup quest to kill a second giant named Negolash.
6. The person with the 10 BBQ Buzzard Wings buys three bottles of wine at the inn in Booty Bay, and then everyone heads to the beach southeast of Booty Bay. The person with the food clicks on the wrecked rowboat and drops the food on it to summon Negolash.
7. Kill Negolash, who is a 52 elite.
8. Turn in your quest to get your shiny new Smott's Compass.

Once someone has the 10 BBQ Buzzard Wings, the whole process takes like 15 minutes. Since Negolash is only a level 52 elite, you could probably solo him quite easily, but why waste the BBQ Buzzard Wings? Just gather a few Lurkers who are in the same position you are and all get your compasses. Good luck!
Congratulations! I've never fought against the Great Dragon Lady myself, but I've read MJ's accounts and can imagine what a sense of accomplishment that is.

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
If Rockelope (or any of my toons) is on he can cook the wings for you.
Darian,Aug 2 2005, 05:56 PM Wrote:As the joker organizing this stuff, if anyone from the SR Basin is interested in joining our rotation, I'm all ears.
I'd love to come along if you guys ever have space for another hunter (who doesn't have tranq shot) in the raid. As Tuftears said, I haven't seen any mention of these raids in the /honorables channel, and I'm also more than happy to relay a message to Basin guild chat when needed.
Treesh,Aug 2 2005, 06:05 AM Wrote:Like the horde doesn't use well placed tremor totems to help them there.&nbsp; Or is it grounding for fear?&nbsp; Been too long since I've had to use either.

Or just have their undead tanks and priests activate their will of the forsaken.&nbsp; Before you make "smart" comments like that, think before you do.

If you didn't actually mean that as a snarky comment, I apologize for my snarkiness here, but horde has more ways to deal with fear than Alliance does.&nbsp; Without having to rely on trinkets and other gear.
[right][snapback]84850[/snapback][/right]

horde has more ways to deal with fear than alliance, correct.

but the only person(s) you want resisting fear in the onyxia fight is the MT and MT healers. and maybe not even the healers.

if you use WotF to pop out of fear early she'll turn and smoke you. as for being the tank and having totems around you, grounding totem is woefully ineffective in eating fear. tremor totem doesn't wake you quickly enough from fear and the fact that it might wake someone else early is enough to not use it at all. its all about strength of earth and fire resist totems.

my comment was saying how nice it is to have fear ward you can put on your main tank. my guild would absolutely kill to be able to kidnap a dwarven priest and force them to play with us.

and snarkiness is ok. there are fights that go easier for alliance and fights that go easier for horde.
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
Savingsupertokyo,Sep 23 2005, 10:58 AM Wrote:my guild would absolutely kill to be able to kidnap a dwarven priest and force them to play with us.

Mind-control! :lol: