Guild Wars grouping topic
Swiss Mercenary,Jul 5 2005, 06:13 PM Wrote:*Recalls mentions of Sirian's interest in the game during beta

Here would be my small contribution to the variant legacy, with something that can't exactly along the lines of variant scum:

I've been trying to solo the game with a Warrior/Necromancer. And by soloing, I mean soloing, without henchmen to be exact. So far, so good, I suppose. Level 17, and have just finished Gates of Kryta - have done every quest prior to it, as well as all the bonuses for the 7 missions.

I'll be doing a detailed writeup, sometime in the future.
[right][snapback]82517[/snapback][/right]
I'm guessing Bonetti's, Life Siphon, and the like are playing a large role in this?

I'd like to hear how you plan to get past Mursaat Towers (I'm guessing axes for Dismember and Cleave, Penetrating Blow, and Executioner's for the constant spike damage... If you had some way of dishing out constant burning that'd help with their high regen)
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Wyrm,Sep 5 2005, 09:10 AM Wrote:I'm guessing Bonetti's, Life Siphon, and the like are playing a large role in this?

I'd like to hear how you plan to get past Mursaat Towers (I'm guessing axes for Dismember and Cleave, Penetrating Blow, and Executioner's for the constant spike damage... If you had some way of dishing out constant burning that'd help with their high regen)
[right][snapback]88297[/snapback][/right]

I don't think I have bonetti's. And if I do, I wouldn't be using it - it ends when I use a skill... So, I can't throw up a healing signet, or any of my attack skills... Although I am considering it for just the Justicar Hablion fight... He pounded me into the ground the last time I've faced him...

Life Siphon is a pfeh self-heal. I'd rather kill three enemies at a time with Mark of Pain, then slowly drain life from one or two.

Penetrating Blow, Dismember, Executioner's Strike, Disrupting Chop, Sprint, Healing Signet, and Mark of Pain tend to stay on my skill bar.

However, the real reason that I've gotten through Gates of Kryta, was abusing the ever-lovable invincible pig called Oink, who is part of the bonus mission. Oink + Mark of Pain + Suffering to kill smoke phantoms = took a while.
"One day, o-n-e day..."