What is the best feeling ever?
ShadowHM,Mar 14 2005, 07:06 AM Wrote:I don't know how good it is going to taste, but this one seems like it might be tailor made for the over-caffeinated rogue.

New Molson Beer    :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]70682[/snapback][/right]

Nothing like being a wide awake drunk to convince yourself that driving home is a good idea.

It is coming out April 1st? I wonder if this is a bit of a joke . . . will keep a weather eye out.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 14 2005, 11:51 AM Wrote:Nothing like being a wide awake drunk to convince yourself that driving home is a good idea.

Speak for yourself buddy. :o I would rather be an alert drunk than a sleepy one. Why else do I take my coffee with Dooleys after the evening meal and then again later? If I don't I will fall asleep at exactly the hour when the party is just starting. ;) (It's tough to try to be a party animal when you have all these grey hairs.) I still manage to avoid driving afterwards, though. :P

Quote:It is coming out April 1st?  I wonder if this is a bit of a joke . . . will keep a weather eye out.

Occhi
[right][snapback]70700[/snapback][/right]

It does seem to be an 'official' Molson's announcement, in that never-ending attempt to keep the beer drinkers from shifting to other competing products. I will be sure to give it a try and let you know if it tastes as good as the Crystal. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

jahcs,Mar 13 2005, 10:06 PM Wrote:edit: oh, and that feeling you get deep down when a baby wraps all their little fingers around one of your fingers.
[right][snapback]70652[/snapback][/right]
Likewise, when that baby wraps their body onto yours so reminiscent of the baby monkey holding onto its mother going through the trees.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
ShadowHM,Mar 14 2005, 08:06 AM Wrote:I don't know how good it is going to taste, but this one seems like it might be tailor made for the over-caffeinated rogue.

New Molson Beer    :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]70682[/snapback][/right]

Mmmm, Buzz Beer. Drew Carey should have patented the concept while he had the chance.
Hmmm, I can't really add much except for that feeling you get when you gaze upon your preciousssss... :wub:
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
LochnarITB,Mar 14 2005, 05:05 PM Wrote:Likewise, when that baby wraps their body onto yours so reminiscent of the baby monkey holding onto its mother going through the trees.
[right][snapback]70732[/snapback][/right]

I am not so sure about that part. Testimony from my husband suggests that when a baby pulls him/herself up by your chest hairs it is NOT a pleasant sensation. Or maybe it does hurt that mother monkey just as much and she does it anyway? :o
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

* Working really hard on a test piece and then walking of stage at a competition, knowing you and the rest of the band played their best. (I play in a brass band)

* Not being in love

* Waking up a summer morning to the chirpings of birds outside your window and the sunlight gleaming through the curtains, knowing you have absolutely nothing to do and not a worry in the world.

* The first 10 seconds after you've finished your exam. (It takes a couple of seconds before the anticlimax sets it and those few moments are pure gold.)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
ShadowHM,Mar 14 2005, 04:51 PM Wrote:I am not so sure about that part.  Testimony from my husband suggests that when a baby pulls him/herself up by your chest hairs it is NOT a pleasant sensation.  Or maybe it does hurt that mother monkey just as much and she does it anyway?  :o
[right][snapback]70738[/snapback][/right]
Ooh ouch. I haven't experienced that seeing as I have always been shirted when holding other folks' babies. I have had them grab handfuls of beard or hair though. For some reason, they just don't seem to understand when I try to explain that is not a Good Thing™.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
ShadowHM,Mar 14 2005, 06:51 PM Wrote:Testimony from my husband suggests that when a baby pulls him/herself up by your chest hairs it is NOT a pleasant sensation.
[right][snapback]70738[/snapback][/right]

Little fists + chest hair = OWWWW!
[wcip]Angel,Mar 14 2005, Wrote:* Waking up a summer morning to the chirpings of birds outside your window and the sunlight gleaming through the curtains, knowing you have absolutely nothing to do and not a worry in the world.
[right][snapback]70742[/snapback][/right]

Unless said sunlight is streaming in at 5:30am and you were hoping to sleep in until 8:30 or 9:00am. Or if said birds are ravens, crows, quail, or bluejays.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Mar 15 2005, 02:17 AM Wrote:Unless said sunlight is streaming in at 5:30am and you were hoping to sleep in until 8:30 or 9:00am.  Or if said birds are ravens, crows, quail, or bluejays.
[right][snapback]70751[/snapback][/right]

Or, far more annoying and happens at times to me on long vacations, the light streams into your eyes and the birds sing as loud as their bloody tiny bodies can when you're trying to go to sleep! :)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
This is more mental than physical, but:

After just completing a harrowing* rank test in martial arts, and having an observing lower rank(adult) walk up to you and thank you for being such a great inspiration. At the time, I could barely stand myself.

*When I say harrowing I mean it; my sensei was very traditional, and also had the manner of a drill sergeant. During that particular test, 2 people actually passed out from exertion during the pretest workout.
A girl lying next to me, cuddling, would have to top the list I believe.
Another thing, and I realise that by writing this I risk all of you seeing me as complete wuss, is crying. No, really. It's not just the emotional climax, but the physical calm you get after crying. Ofcourse, mostly the reasons for crying completely overshadows whatever benefit it may give, but once in a while it's just wonderful.
Does that make me a girl?
LochnarITB,Mar 14 2005, 07:20 PM Wrote:Ooh ouch.  I haven't experienced that seeing as I have always been shirted when holding other folks' babies.  I have had them grab handfuls of beard or hair though.

I know *exactly* how it feels to have a 2 year-old grab onto my beard and try to lift himself off the floor. Actually, it was my own fault. When my son was born I stopped shaving and grew a huge bushy beard. My Dad ond one of my brothers also have this hirsute gene, so beards are common in my family. Anyways, I trained my son to pull on my beard. Sure, I had to put up with some discomfort, but let me tall ya, the look on my brother's face when he picked up his nephew and the little tyke reached out with both hands and pulled on that beard... Priceless!

Now there's a really nice feeling, when a practical joke goes off perfectly.

Ahhh, memories.
Krishta
Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User
krishta,Mar 15 2005, 09:40 PM Wrote:Anyways, I trained my son to pull on my beard.
[right][snapback]70879[/snapback][/right]

I bet mall Santas love your son.
pazuzu,Mar 15 2005, 06:22 PM Wrote:Another thing, and I realise that by writing this I risk all of you seeing me as complete wuss, is crying. No, really. It's not just the emotional climax, but the physical calm you get after crying. Ofcourse, mostly the reasons for crying completely overshadows whatever benefit it may give, but once in a while it's just wonderful.
Does that make me a girl?
[right][snapback]70870[/snapback][/right]

Does it make you a girl? no. Does it make you weaker and less able to handle things well? not by itself. I don't know you, so I don't know how you handle situations and if you handle them well or not. If crying helps, go ahead and cry.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
In no particular order:

. Sex

. Skiing knee-deep, fresh, dry, powdery snow through the trees (hell through
anywhere)

. Scuba diving over uneven undersea terrain (It's like flying).

. Late Friday afternoon feeling at work.

. Having a great "buzz" while hanging out with your friends.

. Reading a good book, in a comfortable setting (That's right I'm a book worm).

. The feeling after a good workout and shower, especially early in the day.
Signature? What do you mean?
Minionman,Mar 15 2005, 10:07 PM Wrote:Does it make you a girl?  no.  Does it make you weaker and less able to handle things well?  not by itself.  I don't know you, so I don't know how you handle situations and if you handle them well or not.  If crying helps, go ahead and cry.
[right][snapback]70883[/snapback][/right]

We all have to cry, even Tyler Durden.

[Image: fightclub.jpg]

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Minionman,Mar 15 2005, 09:07 PM Wrote:Does it make you a girl?  no.  Does it make you weaker and less able to handle things well?  not by itself.  I don't know you, so I don't know how you handle situations and if you handle them well or not.  If crying helps, go ahead and cry.
[right][snapback]70883[/snapback][/right]

Hmmmm. As shown in a few posts previous, there are songs that still bring tears to my eyes. Still a guy.

Tears when it is time for them, dry eyes when that is appropriate.

It's a human thing.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
kandrathe,Mar 16 2005, 02:48 PM Wrote:We all have to cry, even Tyler Durden.

[Image: fightclub.jpg]
[right][snapback]70977[/snapback][/right]

That photo confuses me. Does the man on the right have breasts?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete