the outcome of the election
Ashock,Nov 12 2004, 12:08 AM Wrote:Russia did not invade Chechnya. Chechnya is a part of Russia. Please tell me how a country can invade itself.

Yes, a car bomb in the middle of a bunch of soldiers who you are at war with is acceptible. Not my cup of tea, but acceptible. Taking over a school and killing hundreds of kids (including shooting many in the back), not by accident but by design, automatically disqualifies you from the human race. If I could get my hands on them, I'd kill every one of them and every one of those who helped them personally. I don't even want to think about what their parents were and are feeling and thinking. The same goes for the animals who kidnap civilians in Iraq and cut off their heads, while they're still alive. They are not human beings. If you can't agree with at least that, then I have nothing but contempt for you.
-A
[right][snapback]60006[/snapback][/right]

I think they are part of the human race, they just do some realy bad things. Now I can feel your comtempt rising thanks to your different opinion. Ooh, scary. :P

You know someone is getting way to into an argument when they start nitpicking definitions.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Chaerophon,Nov 12 2004, 12:54 AM Wrote:Your problem is that you don't take the time to understand what other people have to say.  Read the post.  Read the line.  Take it in its context from previous discussion in the thread.  Understand my point. 

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'll explain: there are Americans that are guilty of 'crimes against humanity', too.  That doesn't mean that all Americans are animals.
[right][snapback]60016[/snapback][/right]

See this is precisely my point. You equate humiliation in a prison (which I dod not approve of anyway) to cutting off people's heads and lump them together in that favorite category of crimes that so many people like you like to call "Crimes against Humanity". I also do not advocate killing all Muslims, just the murdering animals that call themselves human.

Since you seem to not be able to make a distinction between humiliation and butchery, we have absolutely nothing further to discuss.

Have a nice day.

-A
Ashock,Nov 11 2004, 10:34 AM Wrote:Russians have been doing these things inside and outside of their borders for what seems like forever, to everybody not just to chechens. Interestingly enough, the so-called chechen uprising started when they stopped doing these things, around 10 years ago. Up until 10 years ago, no one would even have considered attacking a russian school, since they knew that that could only result in them and their family members being caught and killed. Western press did not even hear of Chechnia until the early 90's and for a good reason. There was nothing to hear about. Now in general, I suggest you stop making suggestions.
-A
[right][snapback]59951[/snapback][/right]

All this is true. Everyone else was also scared out of their mind, and the Russian economy was in the process of falling apart. An extreme example of safety vs. everything else.

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Ashock,Nov 12 2004, 04:40 PM Wrote:See this is precisely my point. You equate humiliation in a prison (which I dod not approve of anyway) to cutting off people's heads and lump them together in that favorite category of crimes that so many people like you like to call "Crimes against Humanity". I also do not advocate killing all Muslims, just the murdering animals that call themselves human.

Since you seem to not be able to make a distinction between humiliation and butchery, we have absolutely nothing further to discuss.
Have a nice day.
-A
[right][snapback]60065[/snapback][/right]

Another example of nitpicking definitions.

Occhidiangela,Nov 12 2004, 09:28 AM Wrote:Yes, eppie, political.  You know less than nothing of war, your ignorant comment "just mass murder" is beyond comtempt.  In a case of Total War, destroying your enemy's industrial capacity is part of how you defeat him. 
[right][snapback]60039[/snapback][/right]

I figured you'd get around to saying this, baecause if Dresden was simply to get some revenge hungry british people happy, A.k.a. senseless, hateful violence, there would be nothing to argue about. Yes, in the "pure revenge" case, it would be a political tool, but not any better then using people's fear in any other way to stay in power, from probably most of everyone's point of view.

Quote:I also do not advocate killing all Muslims, just the murdering animals that call themselves human.

Ahhh. There it is. As I had thought. Maybe you're not a troll after all - seems you just have trouble expressing yourself.

Quote:Since you seem to not be able to make a distinction between humiliation and butchery, we have absolutely nothing further to discuss.

Completely beside the point, and a substantial overreaction to boot, but fair enough. I have a feeling that you don't have much to say that is of value, anyways, so I won't push you to share.

EDIT: Oh, and so as not to waste Bolty's valuable bandwidth on another post in this train of epic dialogue, I'll respond to your next post here:

"Glad you enjoyed it".
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
For those of you with lives who don't have the time to sift through endless pages of past threads, just thought I'd make a note:

Out of curiousity, I decided to try and find the longest post on the Lounge since the inception of the new boards... turns out that this is it, followed closely by the 'gay marriage' thread of a couple of months gone by.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II