What's your homepage?
Griselda,Dec 9 2004, 01:07 AM Wrote:Newyorktimes.com.  I also have google, m-w.com, and several forums that I can get to in my toolbar, but I like having the news come up first.

[right][snapback]62311[/snapback][/right]

For the same reason, I use
http://www.cbc.ca/news/

And I subscribe to the New York Times, so I get a daily email with their headline stories.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

BMW GS-club Nederland

Driving a BMW R1150GS motorbike is one of my hobbies. ( Next year the new 1200 )

The GS-club in the Netherlands is a very active bunch of people and has a lively forum.

But the Lurkerlounge is at the top of my bookmarklist. :D

Greetings,

Maggellann
Dozer,Dec 8 2004, 04:37 PM Wrote:Something I got into a conversation with my friend today really grabbed my interest: What do people generally use as their homepage? I use Google (A+ for convienience, F for originality), but he uses some obscure website I had never heard of and can't even remember now. So, what do other people use as their homepage? Any strange ones out there?
  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]62231[/snapback][/right]

This is fairly recent, but the Lurker Lounge Front Page. Had the insanity test as my home page for some months, the one with the race car and human vocals. Kids loved it, and when I came home some days, it sure helped me giggle away a bit of stress.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Ever since the last company I worked for went from bad to worse to bankrupt:

http://www.dilbert.com/

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
Dozer,Dec 8 2004, 05:37 PM Wrote:What do people generally use as their homepage?
[right][snapback]62231[/snapback][/right]

None. It comes up the fastest, then I can choose where I reallly want to go from shortcuts.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

MSN.com, the default one. Sometimes my brother switches it to MLB.com

At my dad's house, it's the NASA homepage.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Zafarium,Dec 8 2004, 11:25 PM Wrote:This may sound strange, but I use the Lurker Lounge Forums.  I hardly ever post but i enjoy reading them.  A lurker in the true sense of the word.  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]62242[/snapback][/right]

not so strange, so do I.
I have /. as my homepage in uni though
Although, using moz I could open my entire quicklinks bar as one group of tabs and set those as home, but since that would be a good idea I'm not going to do it.