Silly WoW Screenshots Thread
I can be such a dawg sometimes...
[Image: boozeandyou.jpg]

I really don't want to know what went to the graphic designer's head when he decided to make... those..
[Image: dunwannaknow.jpg]

How to die in one easy step.
[Image: howtodieinoneeasystep.jpg]
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
By popular demand... For those who wanted to see the changed tabard. This is rather sad then the silly - the world ugliest troll! Complete with the randomly modified (By blizzard in second push) tabard! The wonderful yellow backgrounf with fur pink trim and hot pink crest.

[Image: screen4.jpg]
Alright, here are the funny ones. Mostly just elves this time.

Dead elves.
[Image: WoWSilly007.jpg]
[Image: WoWSilly006.jpg]

And angry elves.
[Image: WoW3image134.jpg]
[Image: WoW3image135.jpg]
[Image: WoW3image136.jpg]

I didn't know there were that many sentinels in Astranaar!
lemekim,Aug 21 2004, 01:50 AM Wrote:By popular demand... For those who wanted to see the changed tabard. This is rather sad then the silly - the world ugliest troll! Complete with the randomly modified (By blizzard in second push) tabard! The wonderful yellow backgrounf with fur pink trim and hot pink crest.
I bought mine last night :(

It's ugly, even by my standards.
Four fun screenies!

#1: I have no clue how this happened. I opened by char screen and this appeared. Closing and re-opening the char screen fixed it. I've also once seen it where the char screen opened up with no stats shown.

[Image: wow54.jpg]

#2: Alice in Wonderland, or those new potions that can increase your size? This tauren is about twice the size that's normal. At that size, he'd be unable to leave the building he was in until the effect wore off!

[Image: wow55.jpg]

#3: The Graymane Wall exists at the southern border of Silverpine Forest, and from its gates it looks like there's a land beyond it. According to the World Map, there's a peninsula to the south of the Wall, but there's no way through. I did some illegal mountain climbing (which is back in a sense this push, but not as easy as before) and got to the other side of the Wall. Hoo boy! I'll get to see an area they don't want us getting to! Not. I ran a ways, then turned around to get the shot. Behind me is a solid cliff face. Notice the minimap that says that I'm really in the ocean!

[Image: wow56.jpg]

#4: Finally, the Murloc From Hell, the final boss you will fight in the Wailing Caverns (if you get the chance, that is). This guy is really nasty, as he casts Mind Control on your party and wreaks havoc.

[Image: wow57.jpg]

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Now this is an army you dont want to piss off. There was quite a few more rows of these dragonkin behind the last ones you can see, obscured by my farclip =\

[Image: screen5.jpg]
Here are a few recent screenies I took.

I'm such a cheapskate, even when it comes to transportation. See how I carpooled with Khelben? I bet you didn't know they had two-seater Gryphons!
[Image: two_seater.jpg]

Here's a nice death scene. He kind of looks like he wants a hug.
[Image: floaty_ogre.jpg]

Did you know that it snows in the badlands?
[Image: snowing_in_badlands.jpg]
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Yes there are potions that increase your size.

There's also an engineering item you can use to shrink others.

What do you get when you combine the two? Good times
[Image: size1.jpg]
[Image: size2.jpg]
I recently decided to upgrade my armor on Sharanna to Plate. Unbeknownst to me plate actually covers less than mail.

Observe:

[Image: pantless.gif]

Not too bad until you see the back:

[Image: butthangingout.gif]

You'll also notice that the armor I was wearing looked like armor. Until I decided to upgrade to plate that is:

[Image: formfitting.gif]

Ah well. At least I upped my armor. ;) The neat thing is this helm:

[Image: prettyagain.gif]

It actually has more armor than the pot I was wearing in the other screenshots. ;)
Tal,Aug 30 2004, 05:33 PM Wrote:Not too bad until you see the back:

[Image: butthangingout.gif]
HOT! You gots some mighty sweet cheeks there. I want to pinch them <_<
DeeBye,Aug 30 2004, 10:35 PM Wrote:HOT!&nbsp; You gots some mighty sweet cheeks there.&nbsp; I want to pinch them&nbsp; <_<
"So keep your hands off my cheeks, and let me study how you ride the beat You big freak!"
Looks like butt-less chaps. Fantastic!
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
All I can say is thank goodness for the Tabard and cape. Otherwise Sharanna's dignity would be forever shattered. ;)
[Image: tin.jpg]
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
What do PvP players do when their server is down? Why go to the regular beta server and hold a ho-down, of course!

[Image: cowdance.jpg]

I love the fishing skill so much that all of my characters have spent countless hours fishing. People ask me why I do it, because other than firefin snapper and oily blackmouth that can be made into fire oil and blackmouth oil, there doesn't seem to be any practical use for fishing. Well, besides being a good source of food and alchemy ingredients, fishing is also a place where Blizzard stuck a lot of humorous things, such as the Teamster Skull ("You can tell that somebody didn't like this guy.") and the 23-pound catfish that you can carry around in your off-hand. Deviate scale fish when eaten can have random strange effects, too. But mostly, I like getting "Message in the Bottle"'s. These contain scrolls or messages of some sort. Some are simple "+10 to int for 30 minutes" type scrolls and others are certain midlevel recipes that can be actually useful. But the best ones (and the reason for bringing all of this up) are the messages from a poor castaway. For example, this diary entry explains why there are so many messages in bottles that contain scrolls and recipes:

[Image: DiaryDay4.jpg]

In the above diary entry, our castaway still has hope of rescue. We learn in a later diary entry that was also fished up, however, that not all has gone well for our poor protagonist:

[Image: DiaryDay87.jpg]
[Image: down.jpg]
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Ninja Tomatoes :ph34r:
So I upgraded my leg armor in the hopes that it would cover more (it worked for mail) but as you can see the results weren't what I was hoping:

[Image: stockings.gif]

So now I look like a warrior prostitute with these scarlet stockings complete with garter belt:

[Image: garters.gif]

At least I'm more color coordinated now...
Are you people using low graphic settings? or does the beta have crippled graphics? or are the graphics really not fabby? or am I too demanding? other than the increased detail on a few textures the graphics don't look a whole lot better than those in Day of Defeat, which is based on the Half-Life engine, i.e. 7 years old.
Do you have antialiasing on? (I know there's a specific setting for it on my graphics card which I had to turn on, although I don't know if it affects games).

-Bob
Tal@Sep 6 2004, 06:58 PM Wrote:So now I look like a warrior prostitute with these scarlet stockings complete with garter belt

Warrior prostitute or stripper seems to be the type of look blizzard goes for.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)