Silly WoW Screenshots Thread
One of the greatest trains I've ever seen, coming out of Stromgarde...for those who aren't aware, a "train" is a huge aggro pull someone did, getting them way over their head. The only way to survive is to run like heck and thus form a 'train' of monsters who follow you until you get away from their aggro range. One of the ways to really grief people are to train them, since the mobs will shift targets on their way back to their "home" place and wind up going after anyone in their path.

[Image: wow46.jpg]

Next, meet Myzrael. It can be hard to tell due to her distance from me in this shot, but she's about five stories tall and not someone you generally want to screw with.

[Image: wow47.jpg]

Got any cool screenies? Dump them in this thread!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I may not have cool screenshots but I have silly ones.

Observe our Illustrious Leader™ dancing for the crew on a cauldron:

[Image: hotstuff.jpg]

While Bolty's ogre train is neat I prefer this train:

[Image: fireballtrain.jpg]

(caused by lag and display issues)

Speaking of display issues. Sometimes a mob will fight in midair:

[Image: fightinginair.jpg]

And even die there:

[Image: dyinginair.jpg]
The forum software thought I was adding too many images so here are the rest:

And evidently dwarf over open fire is a delicacy in Ironforge:

[Image: dwarfcooking.jpg]

And sometimes I get a little bored waiting for the next run to Scarlet Monastery or Uldaman ;)

[Image: sharannabored.jpg]
My favorite death animation so far:

[Image: w_timber.jpg]
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Roane,Aug 11 2004, 08:56 PM Wrote:My favorite death animation so far:

[Image: w_timber.jpg]

I laughed the first time I saw one of those die :lol:
Here's a forgetful fellow. Milanya left his or her hat on the bed.
[Image: a_hat_on_the_bed.jpg]

Did you know that telekensis was added to WoW in the last push? I picked up the skill in a little shack north of Stormwind, in the mountains. Check out all the stuff I can levitate.

For example, myself:
[Image: I_can_fly.jpg]

My bunny wabbit:
[Image: floatbunny.jpg]

And even things that should be growing out of the ground:
[Image: floating_briar.jpg]

But the most interesting thing I've seen is that Gryphons are playable character races, apparently. Check out this Griffon in Stormwind (I think he was cashing in the Van Cleef quest...):
[Image: questing_griffon.jpg]
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Here is a simple enough looking screenshot. But where exactly am I? Bonus points for whoever can figure out how I got there =)

[Image: screen1.jpg]

And I would really like to thank Mongo, Raekwon and Rome for help with obtaining my newest mount! I couldn't have done it without you guys (literally)!

[Image: screen3.jpg]

Oh and guys, we would really appreciate it if you could find a bit of time and help us sign the guild charter on the PvP server. Just make a level 1 char, and whisper "Neriad" or "lem" (although I don't have the charter, ugh) - we will come to you =) Thank you!
Hi,

Oh and guys, we would really appreciate it if you could find a bit of time and help us sign the guild charter on the PvP server. Just make a level 1 char, and whisper "Neriad" or "lem" (although I don't have the charter, ugh) - we will come to you =) Thank you!

Do you use a "Lurker" chat channel? I'll be glad to sign the charter, but when are you on?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Perhaps even better would be to check the Beta server and when there are enough there, then ask if the crew could take 10 minutes to help set up that guild. Then the bulk of the players could all start at the same baby location to facilatate the signing. my quess would be the human starting area due to the close and realatively safe route from the starting point to the location to set up the guild. Otherwise you would probably be seeing many players pop in for a short time, still have too few and then depart again to continue their regular play.
Yes, we were going to ask you guys later when Mongo gets on, since he has the charter =\ We will try again today - with the starting location being Elwynn forest I think.

He actually tried to do that yesterday, but it was a tad late at night =)
lemekim,Aug 12 2004, 01:21 PM Wrote:Here is a simple enough looking screenshot. But where exactly am I? Bonus points for whoever can figure out how I got there =)
You're in the Elwynn Forest flight path area. The camp that's seen as you fly past it. I went exploring there last phase when mountains were all climbable. :) You got there by parachuting, of course.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Aug 12 2004, 09:09 PM Wrote:You're in the Elwynn Forest flight path area.&nbsp; The camp that's seen as you fly past it.&nbsp; I went exploring there last phase when mountains were all climbable.&nbsp; :)&nbsp; You got there by parachuting, of course.

-Bolty
Parachuting is not a real answer Bolty =) Yes, you need a parachute and a mount/speed enhancement to get there.

The trip itself starts from Searing Gorge, where there is a spot that you can climb atop the ridges that usually surround any area and are supposed to be unclimbeable. From there, you parachute down to wide empty area that surrounds Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes and starts off behind Stormwind. You can run south all the way to the river that feeds the waterfall. The only tricky part is that you cannot get to the river without crossing a fairly wide chasm. Thankfully, the river is at a level low enough so that with enough speed (mount is perfect) and a parachute you can glide just to the opposite edge of the chasm. And voila, you can wave at people passing by on griffons.

There used to be an NPC of some sort there a few pushes back, but no one there now =(
Blasted Lands screenshots!

The Blasted Lands is where the Dark Portal resides - the gateway to another world, where the Orcs first came from. Its effect on the surrounding area is very noticeable. For one thing, there are constant thunderstorms raging in the zone - lightning blasts firing off almost every second.

[Image: wow49.jpg]

Here's a view of the Dark Portal itself, and its blast crater all around it. You can see a lighting bolt frizzling away in the distance.

[Image: wow50.jpg]

-Bolty
Wasn't the dark portal destroyed in warcraft 2?
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Crusader,Aug 15 2004, 04:29 PM Wrote:Wasn't the dark portal destroyed in warcraft 2?
If my memory serves correctly, yes.

**Warcraft II expansion spoiler**

I also remember that the horde was standing on the gates, ready to invade another planet when thier world was destroyed. This would mean there are multiple portals. Which in turn would make it possible to make a new portal, all you'd need is to dig some dirt and throw up the right stones ;)

On a non related note: More screenshots please! I've loved looking on this forum to see loungers Screenies. In my opinion nothings better than a hands on shot, not the hand pick shots from blizzard. This forum alone has me psyched about W3. Keep it up, and keep the pictures coming :)

Cheers,

Munk
Well, since I am lazy and don't feel like doing much more screenshot sorting (I just did a LOT of it) here are the first few silly screenies.

[Image: WoW2image039.jpg]
I wonder how long he's been standing there underwater? Gotta be hard on the lungs... Maybe he's an undead is disguise! :ph34r:

[Image: WoW2image041.jpg]
Sort of a pathetic silly shot. Lagwind is burning. BURN, LAGWIND, BURN!

[Image: WoW2image050.jpg]
In formation, with White Kitten on the left front point.

[Image: WoW2image053.jpg]
Not much to say about this one... You see my dead body in a lot of places...

That's all for now. Better ones later. :)
Here's an interesting thing I saw in Booty Bay this morning. Apparently this goblin wanted to go for an early morning swim... down the docks.

[Image: SwimmingGoblin11.jpg]

[Image: SwimmingGoblin22.jpg]
-TheDragoon
These aren't so much silly as just really cool. Here's some pictures I took of the Zepplins in Durotar and Tirisfal Glades:

[Image: DurotarZepplin.jpg]

[Image: UndercityZepplin.jpg]
-TheDragoon
I don't know how long these will stay up, but let's hope for the best.

The first real bug I encountered, back in push 1.

[Image: ahem.jpg]

Blizzard Humor.
[Image: beammeup.jpg]

One of the more annoying bugs, Mograine not resurrecting.
[Image: beggedmograine.jpg]

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
One of my prettiest pictures.
[Image: bestpiceva.jpg]

For those wondering how big 'big' is.
[Image: big2.jpg]
[Image: big.jpg]