What's up with AB
TPJ,Apr 13 2004, 06:25 PM Wrote:So the AB is filled with inferior dribble?

:blink:
My apologies. That was not what I meant to imply.

The point is that the AB is less stringent concerning posts. Whereas the LL is mostly technically orientated, the AB has that aspect as well as the ongoing gamers meeting and telling stories and such. I meant to imply that if all that goes on at the AB were here, it would not live up to my perceived vision of what the Lounge would be happy with.

Did that help, or am I digging the hole deeper?

ZR
"Nothing unreal exists."
-- Kiri-kin-tha
I think we all know what you intended to say. Its stricter here, and thats not a bad thing, either way.
Hi,

The AB I occasionally lurk at definitely has *superior* dribble. Or is that drivel? :P

I see that ZatarRufus has clarified, so I hope that a war has been averted. That's good. I wish I had more time, for the AB would definitely be on my very short list of places to add to my daily lurk. And I heard those sighs of relief :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

* Skie_M dribbles incoherently ....

Oops, sorry bout that, had to get it out of the way :)

I most certainly use the same name here as on the basin forums, and I'm fairly certain many others do as well, being attached to their online names and persona in many cases.
Pete,Apr 13 2004, 07:41 PM Wrote:The AB I occasionally lurk at definitely has *superior* dribble.  Or is that drivel? :P
See? I thought it was drivel too!

No worries. The statement rubbed me the wrong way at first. Seemed a bit 'high and mighty' is all. I'll agree that the LL folks tend to be a bit more strict about things.

Or perhaps they just take themselves more seriously than the AB folks do....
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Hi :)

/kicks a can

/goes off to stare at the WoW sites looking for word of "phase II" .....

edit : who woulda thought I'd screw up spelling in such a short post?!?

PS - 5 out of the current 7 members online here are Basiners!
Bowa of the AB.
USEast - too many accts to list.
Well, the AB is more stringent concerning some kinds of posts. If I had to define the difference in a Nutshell™, I'd say the Basin permits, even encourages, more purely social posting. All IMHO of course.

Now regardless of anything that might happen in a few posts, there's little chance of a serious dispute breaking out between the honorable and thoughtful Lurkers and the friendly-if-lost-looking Basiners, who have a long history of cordiality.

But if this were April 1st, I'd consider starting something. ;)

Sailboat
Bowa above Wrote:PS - 5 out of the current 7 members online here are Basiners!

I see we're all reading this thread too. :D

/points at subtle bottom list of users (at the time of posting it was filled with ABers).
Proud Member of the Amazon Basin
Greetings to all of you Lurker Lounge Members!
Could one of the AB admins make a post in this thread as to what people are supposed to do with D2 game passwords while the site and WeaselTech is down?

Hope folks don't mind us using LL as a bulletin board...
Last time this happened, East went to a policy of using "last known good password". Because our distribution system is offline, we relax the normal prohibition against whispering the pass, and allow people to whisper it to players they are sure would normally have permission -- i.e., people you've seen around before.

Yes, it's inferior, but it works acceptably in the short run. I would recommend this plan for all realms unless someone has a better idea.

Of course one can organize private games from our channel as well.

Sailboat
TPJ,Apr 13 2004, 11:25 PM Wrote:So the AB is filled with inferior dribble?

Yo foo there, TPJ. Yeh, "inferior dribble"--what's up with that? :P

Thanks again to the LL for being a haven for the AB. I hope our sites never go down at the same time!! Now that would really be a disaster!
Ancient 1,Apr 13 2004, 07:44 PM Wrote:  I hope our sites never go down at the same time!!  Now that would really be a disaster!
Hehe, I can imagine what would happen. Suddenly the public b.net forums would be swarmed with homeless Lurkers and Basiners. Mass chaos would ensue :P
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Quote:I wish I had more time, for the AB would definitely be on my very short list of places to add to my daily lurk. And I heard those sighs of relief

TPJ can we get the Pete program at the AB? I think if you ask Bolty nice enough he might at least give us V1.07, although V1.09 was my favorite. Pretty please! :)
I like to think that I bring a superior brand of dribble (or drivel) to both boards! :D

Mad Man (here and the Basin)
Ancient 1,Apr 13 2004, 07:44 PM Wrote:
TPJ,Apr 13 2004, 11:25 PM Wrote:So the AB is filled with inferior dribble?

Yo foo there, TPJ. Yeh, "inferior dribble"--what's up with that? :P
Hey! I resemble that remark! As anyone who's ever been playing with me when we've got voice com going knows, the water I drink has a nasty habit of getting too close to the mic! :P

There's a reason I've gone through 2 Plantronics headsets in less than a year. :ph34r:

--ceolstan, who's always ceolstan.

P.S. And Teep, would it be feasible to have our own server, since the current host isn't playing nice and showing class™?

Edit: inserted missing verb in introductory adverbial clause.
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
Well, we do have our own server - in that we have a physical computer which we don't share with anyone. If you mean running it out of someone's garage, well, the bandwidth cost would be prohibited. The advantage of our current provider is that we get unlimited bandwidth (I think :blink:) at a pretty reasonable price for a dedicated server.

Anyway, the fixing is "in progress" by our dedicated crack monkey team of experts. :)
Sailboat,Apr 13 2004, 11:55 PM Wrote:Well, the AB is more stringent concerning some kinds of posts.  If I had to define the difference in a Nutshell™, I'd say the Basin permits, even encourages, more purely social posting.  All IMHO of course.
erm. Don't you mean Nvtshell ?

pointless yes.

Hi LL people, nice place you got here. Where can we put the keg?
ZatarRufus,Apr 13 2004, 11:34 PM Wrote:Whereas the LL is mostly technically orientated...
/winces
Zyr

Just saying "Hi" to all my fellow ABers here. If you want to discuss anything, please post here or PM me.

Again, "thank you" to all of you here at the LL for giving us a place to 'stay in touch' and an opportunity to make new friends. B)
*passes around milk for the cookies*

As always, Basiners are welcome at the LL. Just make sure you pick up after yourselves. Bolty gets cranky when this place is a mess. ;)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?