What's up with AB
Ancient 1,Apr 13 2004, 08:44 PM Wrote:
TPJ,Apr 13 2004, 11:25 PM Wrote:So the AB is filled with inferior dribble?

:blink:
Yo foo there, TPJ. Yeh, "inferior dribble"--what's up with that? :P

Thanks again to the LL for being a haven for the AB. I hope our sites never go down at the same time!! Now that would really be a disaster!
Well there's always the 7L forums :P

Or, god forbid, the dee-two-dot-net cesspool <_<

3 Edits later, I'm forced to ask, do emoticons on this forum just not move? Or is it just me? I got a creepy looking rolleyes guy staring at my feet, and the blink guy won't blink.
<span style="color:#3366FF">Playing wow with the Basin
Striker,Apr 14 2004, 02:48 AM Wrote:*passes around milk for the cookies*

As always, Basiners are welcome at the LL.&nbsp; Just make sure you pick up after yourselves.&nbsp; Bolty gets cranky when this place is a mess. ;)
Thanks Striker :D

We need a place to stay in tough especially when we are all AB deprived :( :(
Amazon Basin Member

Us West Scl Blondebomber
TaMeOlta,Apr 13 2004, 11:15 AM Wrote::lol:&nbsp; My thoughts exactly Numsay !&nbsp; :lol:

Enigma's Dru Noctem site must be connected also .....&nbsp; :o&nbsp; Or I'm extra unlucky .....
;) yer just unlucky... I tormented them with 2 whole posts today!
*was trying to supress....

*cringes from withdrawl*
*shakes*

arrrg! Ack and looks at the calender... thinks about Antioch..... :blink:

*sidles up to the keg with Saff...

forum~junkie

/aside I think it's ok if we keep it all in one thread right?

*waves*
Kartoffelsalat,Apr 13 2004, 07:57 PM Wrote:Hehe, I can imagine what would happen.&nbsp; Suddenly the public b.net forums would be swarmed with homeless Lurkers and Basiners.&nbsp; Mass chaos would ensue&nbsp; :P
More like an increase (tempoary) in the quality of posts. There would be so much logic and order that the unwashed masses would simply ave to retaliate by posting so randomly that board 402 of gamefaqs infamy would apear... rational.

I have a feeling that if the lounge is ever down again, the AB would acept us in (I've already signed up for my name, and made, i belive, a single post)
The wind has no destination.
uh oh - de ja vu setting in

Major withdrawals have begun here - my family wants to check me into Betty Ford tomorrow, but no one can agree on how the therapy would proceed.

I'm resisting with all means necessary thus far - have chained myself to the water piping in the basement - close enough to the utility power outlet and phone inlet to monitor the situation on my laptop. The office has called several times I'm sure - but the phone will be busy.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH - THEY'LL NEVER GET ME OUTTA HERE - I'LL NEVER REFORM - NEVER NEVER!!!
HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!

Amazon Basin Moderator
AB Reveler Leader

East Realm

"Buzzards gotta eat - same as worms" (spit)
Ello ello ^^ jin here >.> as shown zerathorn...i think your loosing it man o.O; *tapes picture of ab forums onto zera's laptop screen*
Well, It seems to be back up :)

Now we don't have to send Zera away for treatment.

@Silly : the smilies don't move.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Well, I originally found AB from someone's LL signature, so I've always felt them to be a single facet of "good people to play games, and talk about playing games with"...

But then I've always beena little weird, alledgedly. :ph34r:
HC player: on Europe - Ladder HC come 1.10!
accounts: *damiencos (main), *feign_innocence, *f3ign
Except that the General forums won't work (for me at least):

Code:
mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ibf_sessions WHERE running_time < 1081940122 or member_id='746'

mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_sessions.MYD'. (errno: 145)
mySQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 14th of April 2004 12:55:22 PM

Hopefully this would help. :)
Proud Member of the Amazon Basin
Greetings to all of you Lurker Lounge Members!
Kartoffelsalat,Apr 14 2004, 04:02 AM Wrote:Well, It seems to be back up :)
I fluked in too for a second but then it was down again. It might be a while before it's "officially" up and running. I'm sure one of the admin will let us know when it's back up for good. Stay tuned. ;)
DravenII,Apr 14 2004, 09:39 AM Wrote:I fluked in too for a second but then it was down again. It might be a while before it's "officially" up and running. I'm sure one of the admin will let us know when it's back up for good. Stay tuned.&nbsp; ;)
I'll post here once it is 'officially' up. It is still in the hands of the host. They've got some tech people looking at it, so it may be online from time to time, but only because it is being looked at. The trouble ticket is still open. Once it is closed, I'll let eveyone know.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Thanks, TPJ. B)
TPJ,Apr 14 2004, 06:42 AM Wrote:I'll post here once it is 'officially' up. It is still in the hands of the host. They've got some tech people looking at it, so it may be online from time to time, but only because it is being looked at. The trouble ticket is still open. Once it is closed, I'll let eveyone know.
:D thanks :) shadguy has offered a thread for the BACon plans, lest anyone panic about that, so if those going could poke others going... we can have a poke fest in a thread over on the Dreu Noctem site

~lula
Thanks Lula. I had to re-register here, so I was a bit slower to post.

A number of our AB D2 players also foray into NWN; Dreu Noctem is a popular server for a number of Basin NWN players, for those who haven't heard of it. You're welcome to use a thread of two there to coordinate - we're completely independant from the Basin server woes (we have our very own from time to time :) ), so this may help a few people hook up in the meantime.

You will likely need to register to post or read there, however. Sorry; that's how it is.

Many thanks once again to Enigma for the Dreu Noctem resources.

-shadguy
Techincal Designer for Dreu Noctem: A semi persistent NWN world with a small friendly community. Powered by Linux & NWNX.
Just wanted to voice my thanks as well... to Bolty and all the Lounge for being such gracious neighbors, to shadguy and Enigma for filling in on the BACon info... to TPJ for getting on the host when he has to worry about packing...

Just Thanks all around... :D

Chevalis
Chevalis,Apr 14 2004, 03:51 PM Wrote:Just wanted to voice my thanks as well... to Bolty and all the Lounge for being such gracious neighbors, to shadguy and Enigma for filling in on the BACon info... to TPJ for getting on the host when he has to worry about packing...

Just Thanks all around... :D

Chevalis
I'll second that! :)

-Drake (at least AB-side)
Proud Member of the Amazon Basin
Greetings to all of you Lurker Lounge Members!
Some of us are here under aliases that are not exactly hiding our identity.
KS
OK – things are better. ZenDragon, AllWeasel, ReptileHouse, and I are getting the kinks worked out. Right now, everything is up and running except the Main Boards. AllWeasel is repairing a file and should have it working relatively soon.

Here’s the gist of things:

I ordered a RAM upgrade from our host. They hosed something in the process and wasn’t able to correct things. I opened 3 tickets since each previous ticket would be closed saying that the server was up – even though it never really was.

After 3 tickets, I placed phone calls to the host and spoke with people from their Technical Support area as well as their Customer Support area. I was asked to open a new ticket, this time outlining my grievances as well as stating what I think should be done about them. I fired off a pretty nasty message within the ticket stating they had took a simple RAM upgrade and screwed it up to the point of forcing us to rebuild our server.

Today, multiple tech people have been looking at the server. File utilities have been run and hardware diagnostics have been performed. RAM was pulled and checked. In the end, they ended up replacing an IDE cable and the server is now up and we are in control of it via SSH.

If a single corrupt file is all we really have to replace, then all isn’t too bad. Perhaps the increased performance from having 1GB of RAM on our server will outweigh the troubles in getting it there.

Thanks to Bolty and the rest of the Lurker Lounge crew for putting up with us. We have enjoyed your company once again and look forward to spending additional time with you in either D2 or WoW (Coming Soon™).
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
My impression of the tech team at your ISP.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

// :D Me steals one of Pete's cookies //

I second Numsays request for a copy of the "Pete Program" :lol:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto