City of Heroes nears launch...
rriggs,Apr 28 2004, 10:56 PM Wrote:whooo! i got my copy today.  now to decide what type of character to build... decisions. decisions..
My suggestion would be to play one of each archetype up to at least level 3 and see what fits you best before you decide. A word of caution though: All the archetypes start out doing decent damage but they scale differently as you level up above 12.

Also buying the CD-key online at NCSoft = teh win!
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
WarLocke,Apr 28 2004, 12:48 PM Wrote:So I get cleaned up and go down to the bank, and open a checking account.  Everything goes fine until I find out the my check/debit card comes in the mail, and I won't get it for 7 to 10 days. :angry:  I do have the ID# on the card though, so maybe I can still use it now for billing purposes.

So, that's where I am now.  I need to find my bank's webpage and see if I can get a summary of my account (specifically, the expiration date on my bank card in case CoH wants that).  Yay me.
Hi

PlayNC is accepting Payment though EB, in case you don't have a credit card :o

Quote: At this time, we only accept 2 month game time cards which can be purchased at your
"Local game Retailer"
or valid credit cards. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and JCB.

Current payment plans for recurring credit card billing are:
1 month for $14.95
3 months for $41.85 ($13.95 per month)
6 months for $77.70 ($12.95 per month)
12 months for $143.40 ($11.95 per month)

All game accounts on your PlayNC master account will bill to the same credit card on file for recurring billing.

#4 ID 905 New - What payment options are available? PlayNC 
You might need to Log in to use this URL:

http://support.plaync.com/cgi-bin/plaync.c...duser/entry.php

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Bolty,Apr 28 2004, 04:19 PM Wrote:Sounds to me like 'Locke needs to start writing some guides!

-Bolty
Heh, if anyone here should be writing guides, it would be roguebanshee. I've barely scratched the surface when it comes to powerset combinations, and have no experience of the game pot-level 20 except for a handful of sidekick experiences.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Apr 29 2004, 06:02 AM Wrote:Heh, if anyone here should be writing guides, it would be roguebanshee.&nbsp; I've barely scratched the surface when it comes to powerset combinations, and have no experience of the game pot-level 20 except for a handful of sidekick experiences.
Even then I'd give a fairly biased view of the the various archetypes and I don't have experience with that many power combinations myself (there's 137 different primary/secondary choices, some may have a similar feel to them though). I doubt I'll ever get myself to write any guide beyond: Play the hero you imagine in your head, at least as close as he can be recreated in the game, you'll probably have more fun than if you went with a template designed by someone else.

And did someone mention sidekicking?
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
I have a Tanker on Justice named Lug Nut. Feel free to contact me in game to join up. I need some friends and a group to join.

Cheers!
BBSpot 5/4/2004

Heh. Made the big times now...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I'm still waiting for my box to be delivered :(
thanks King Jim for the link here. I am way more then ready to drop daoc for something else and I picked up coh a couple of days ago on my way home from work. I had barely any idea what it was about aside from a few folks on various boards bringing it up from time to time.

So far so good. I really needed something to distract me from daoc. That game stopped being "fun" to play months ago. I'm just too big of a dork to let go of the toons I've spent years building. :( So I guess I'll be bringing my toons over from daoc and reincarnating them as heros. I already have a 4' tall, huge+muscular tanker to replace my dorf warrior. The guy is as wide as he is tall! :lol: I went crazy with the Create screens and now have a bunch of different toons but only 2-3 of them are over lvl 4-5.

Still can't decide which type, much less powerset, I wanna go with. I've ALWAYS gone the route of the heavy tank/warrior/fighter in every game where the option was available and I'm really feeling like breaking from this mold. But unfortunately, the desire to punch and hit things is too strong in me... I keep playing my tanks more then anything.
So has anyone started a super group for the lurker lounge?

I know TheAmazonBasin started a group called B.A.S.I.N. (no definitive meaning for it, make up your own) they are on "Guardian".
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
- Dalai Lama
klaptonic,May 8 2004, 05:32 PM Wrote:So has anyone started a super group for the lurker lounge?&nbsp;

I know TheAmazonBasin started a group called B.A.S.I.N. (no definitive meaning for it, make up your own) they are on "Guardian".
Muahahaha My box finally arrived :)

Guardian? I've got a nice tanker there, "Aliana Blue" is her name, and if any Basiner needs at any point a tank to give them a hand they should contact me without hesitation. So there.

I have about 200 screenshots now, but no time to do anything fancy with them, busy playing :lol: