"Ready At Dawn" Studios
Now that a number of Blizzard employees have left (or are still leaving) Blizzard@Vivendi, some of these ex-Blizzard employees have formed yet another studio after "Flagship Studios" (with Bill Roper & Co.) has been founded:

http://www.readyatdawn.com
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
There's also a few over at ArenaNet.

Maybe we'll get to see four Diablo IIIs!
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
With a company name like that I hope they can stick to release schedules. (without letting quality suffer, of course.) :P
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Hi,

"There's fast, cheap, and good. Pick two."

The same is true for game companies. Release schedules have probably generated more crap in the game industry than all other factors combined.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Once again Pete, you're right on the money.

Hence the " :P " in the above reply.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
I don't have high hopes for any of these new "ex-Blizzard" studios, to be honest :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
the only one I'm sure will do good is flagship studios. I mean those guys ARE blizzard north.

arena.net has a cool concept but there are a ton of mmorpgs out there atm even if theirs is free. a free mmorpg just screams to me TONS of imature battle.net kiddies.
Signatures suck
HI

Instead of starting a new thread, as regards Flagshipstudios and the char you see on the startingpage (a bloodelf?)

http://www.flagshipstudios.com/

I personally am reminded of Earthdawn! If anybody remembers that RPG, good story, lousy execution :( , good luck. Any rumours welcome :rolleyes:

good hunting
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
EarthDawn was a FASA game, and all FASA games (BattleTech/MechWarrior, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies...) have extremely fleshed-out histories. I found it very impressive that such a small group/company could so consistently come up with fully-realized, original universes which were (relatively speaking) devoid of logical fallacies and loopholes.

I mean, they actually made sure that all the BattleTech and Shadowrun books were internally consistent, didn't contradict each other, and flowed chronologically to further flesh out the universe. Heck, Mike Stackpole alone introduced about a gazillion hooks to the BT universe, and is responsible for most of the 'core' milestones of the 3025-3057 era (Clan Invasion, introduction of Victor Davion/Kai Allard-Liao/Phelan Kell/Omi Kurita etc. etc. etc.).

I want a new MechCommander game. :(
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Jan 23 2004, 04:34 AM Wrote:I want a new MechCommander game.  :(

Hi

No dissent in that wish, my 3025 Marauder is still polished! As far I know FASA went belly-up some time ago and they put the last Earthdawn data into public domain?

The Earthdawn setting/world would certainly be exciting but probably I'm on the wrong path entirely :unsure:

good hunting
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
nifty tires
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Pete,Jan 23 2004, 11:37 AM Wrote:"There's fast, cheap, and good.  Pick two."
Ah yes, the 'three dimensions' of project management, often espoused in management courses, but seldom grasped in reality :( An improvement to any factor comes at the expense of the other two factors (in the simple version).
Quote:As far I know FASA went belly-up some time ago and they put the last Earthdawn data into public domain?

Yes, FASA filed for bankruptcy a few years back. WizKids, known for their Mage Knight miniatures game, bought the BattleTech franchise. I don't know offhand whether anyone bought the rights to Shadowrun, EarthDawn, or Crimson Skies; they may well be in the public domain now.

Microsoft bought the rights to the BattleTech universe (as far as PC games are concerned) from Activision. MS also holds the rights to Shadowrun (bought directly from FASA, I assume). I kind of wonder why, since they're squatting on them - MS cancelled work on MW5, and has never even started a SR game. Bah. :angry:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Pete,Jan 22 2004, 02:37 PM Wrote:"There's fast, cheap, and good.  Pick two."
I have actually said that to a client before, when he was asking for the moon, tomorrow, for a buck and a quarter. The shocked, yet comprehending, look on his face was priceless.
bschultz,Jan 23 2004, 02:55 AM Wrote:the only one I'm sure will do good is flagship studios.  I mean those guys ARE blizzard north.
With a frontman who repeats all marketing slogans and phrases in a prayermill-like fashion like no other one in that industry, I'm sure they'll receive the most attention ;)
Hi,

Actually, in almost all racing it would be, since there, "fast" = "good". :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?