A Lurking Manifesto
I would like to nominate LANDRU as forum admin.

:ph34r:

C'mon, I think I still have BOSTIC's address somewhere, I could call in a favor... :lol:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Dec 20 2003, 04:35 PM Wrote:I would like to nominate LANDRU as forum admin.
:lol: Bwahaha - I second!
Welcome to the Lounge. Hope you brought your portable bomb shelter. - Roland
WarLocke,Dec 20 2003, 09:35 PM Wrote:I would like to nominate LANDRU as forum admin.

:ph34r:

C'mon, I think I still have BOSTIC's address somewhere, I could call in a favor...  :lol:
It's always fun to return to this place and see some of the same people, still talking about the same things. :D

If I searched my old hard drive, I'm pretty sure I could find Bostic's email address, along with the actual Landru program (not that it would do a lot of good these days, anyway.)

It stinks, how few names I still recognize around here. Hello Bolty, Pete, Selby, Occhi, WarLocke, whyBish, Gris, DeeBye (stairs). Just the names I saw in this thread.

I still miss people like Crystalion, Morwen, Jarulf, HowGozit, Armin, Rand'al, McFrugal, KingOfPain, Charis, and of course, Varaya and Khan

P.S. THE Thread will live forever, in infamy.

Edit: P.P.S. Metchup!
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]
The Lurker Lounge's Diablo II section will be under new management for 2004. I'll get the new admins set up over the holiday period - no emails have been sent yet, if you applied and are thinking you didn't get the job. I have been solidly busy for the last 3 weeks, pulling some 13-14 hour workdays at times.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Crystalion and Jarulf are still here (not sure about the others, I'm bad with names). :)
Crystalion? Back in the Diablo scene? :o :o :o :o :o
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]
For quite some time now too Omega. Nice to see you again...

Selby
Technically, the Diablo 2 scene. ;) Or should I say act? [/corny joke] Because Diablo has 4/5 acts. Get it? :P Ha ha ha. :rolleyes:
Omega,Dec 23 2003, 04:25 AM Wrote:DeeBye (stairs)
PROTECTED!

I wondered where you wandered off to.
Wow, old face :)

This is your third return?
Quote:PROTECTED!

Oh noes! I can't find my pusher-bot!

Quick! Do you have stairs in your house?

I got nothing.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
that .. mame, actually made it into my signature elsewhere for about the length of one year...

amazing what can happen to ones mind in an open and receptive state....

luckally nobody has ever figured out where my current sig comes from....
The wind has no destination.
Quote:luckally nobody has ever figured out where my current sig comes from....
Sounds like something from a Disney Movie. :P
it's far more obscure then that
The wind has no destination.
Nightwind,Jan 4 2004, 05:47 AM Wrote:luckally nobody has ever figured out where my current sig comes from....
Well, whether it has anything to do with your sig or not (as opposed to a Disney movie) the following is interesting (and rather obscure)...
Hyo-sh Wrote:My initial idea for "Sleeping Muse Study" was to write quiet, peaceful music like the compassionate face of the Buddha. However, now I wonder if I can say that the face of the Buddha is compassionate. Maybe it's an illusion in which I myself am looking for this compassion. A composer needs to follow these initial ideas in many different directions until a piece of music is born. I think of my 1999 piece "The Wind Has No Destination" (for kayageum solo) which has parallels Zbigniew Herbert's poem "A Journey". The poem has seven stanzas, the first of which is:

If you set out on a journey let it be long

Wandering that seems to have no aim groping your way blindly

So you learn the roughness of the earth not only with your eyes

But by touch

So you confront the world with your skin

In a traditional setting, a kayageum player, in contrast to other instrumentalists, will re-tune the instrument frequently in the course of the performance, correcting subtle changes of pitch that tend to occur as the bridges shift their position slightly; in this piece the player is asked to refrain from re-tuning during the piece, and also to pluck the strings on both sides of the bridges (the tradition is to pluck only on the right side). Consequently, at the end of the piece, the tuning of the kayageum (which is a very fragile instrument) is quite different from the one it had at the beginning. This seems only natural in the process of making a piece of music and is just the way one lives a life.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits