6 perfect skulls+ rare circlet
Hello,

I have some rare circlets (tiaras,diadems,circlets) got from hell act 4-5
I'd like to know if I can get + 2 to skills by rerolling several times a diadem or a tiara or a circlet.
The formula (0.4*[Item Level+ Character Level) implies that each time a rare item is rerolled, the quality of the rare is decreased.
1) Does it mean that I couldn't get the mod +2 skills after the first rerolling or after several rerollings ?

2) Are there any differences between diadems, tiaras and circlets ? Can they get the same mods and do they have the same odds to get +2 to skills ?

Thanks ,
Abramelin
This has been answered in great detail before -- use the search feature if you need the details.

The short answer is that you can reroll the diadems as many times as you need to get +2 skills,
but don't waste your skulls on the circlets and coronets.

Jimbowe
Which keyword ? Or a link ?

I have used the search feature with keywords circlets,coronets tiaras,diadems,skulls and so on.. and found no posts which answered in greats details.

Let me ask again
2) Are there any differences between diadems, tiaras and circlets ? Can they get the same mods and do they have the same odds to get +2 to skills ?

Quote:you can reroll the diadems as many times as you need to get +2 skills,
but don't waste your skulls on the circlets and coronets.
Do you mean that Char Level does not matter to get +2 skills when rerolling diadems ?
Circlets and coronets can have +2 skills.Do you mean that it is useless rerolling them because they wouldn't get +2 skills ?
What about tiaras ?

I read at Arreat summit :
Quote:Magic Level
Circlets have a special magic ability which allows players to receive a higher level magical Prefixes and Suffixes on Monster Drops and when Gambling on Circlets. This bonus only applies to the bonuses that appear on Circlets themselves. This does not help generate better Magic Prefixes and Suffixes on other items. So when you receive a Circlet via Gambling or a Monster drop the Magic Level helps increase the chances that a better Magic Prefix or Suffix will appear on it. For more information consult the Magic Items Page.

According to AS, when wearing a circlet, a char has greater chances to get better magic prefix or suffix on it when gambing circlets/dropping circlets

Is it true ? I 'd like a confirmation because AS is well know in LL to be not accurate .
Abramelin,Mar 20 2005, 09:28 AM Wrote:Which keyword ? Or a link ?

I have used the search feature with keywords circlets,coronets tiaras,diadems,skulls and so on.. and found no posts which answered in greats details.

Let me ask again
Do you mean that Char Level does not matter to get +2 skills when rerolling diadems ?
Circlets and coronets can have +2 skills.Do you mean that it is useless rerolling them because they wouldn't get +2 skills ?
What about tiaras ?

[right][snapback]71312[/snapback][/right]

I feel your pain. ;) I tried to look this up for you, and couldn't find a durn thing.

So, from memory (which is not the greatest aid here):

Yes, there are differences in the ilvl of these items. They do not have the same odds to get +2 skills. Character level should make no difference when re-rolling diadems.

If I am recalling correctly, the issue is that the cubing recipe progressively reduces the ilvl of the item. A diadem, however, cannot get below a certain ilvl, because it's base is always very high. So if you are spending the time, energy and skulls to do the re-roll in the hopes of +2 skills, it is only worth doing it with a diadem.

And, now that I have posted this (possible) mis-information, someone else will likely chime in with the right link to explain it better. :)

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Abramelin,Mar 19 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:Hello,

I have some rare circlets (tiaras,diadems,circlets) got from hell act 4-5
I'd like to know if I can get + 2 to skills by rerolling several times a diadem or a tiara or a circlet.
The formula (0.4*[Item Level+ Character Level) implies that each time a rare item is rerolled, the quality of the rare is decreased.
1) Does it mean that I couldn't get the mod +2 skills after the first rerolling or after several rerollings ?

Thanks ,
Abramelin
[right][snapback]71235[/snapback][/right]

There are four different types of circlets:
Circlet (qlvl 24, magic_lvl 3)
Coronet (qlvl 52, magic_lvl 8)
Tiara (qlvl 70, magic_lvl 13)
Diadem (qlvl 86, magic_lvl 18)

Since these all have a magic_lvl, the alvl formula is simply:
alvl = max(ilvl, qlvl) + magic_lvl (capped at 99)

From this, we see that circlets always have alvl 27+, coronets always have alvl 60+, tiaras always have alvl 83+, and diadems always have alvl 99.

Or, put another way, the minimum ilvl you need to have alvl 90 (necessary for +2 skills) is 87 for circlets, 82 for coronets, and 77 for tiaras, while diadems will have it at any ilvl.

So use diadems. They'll always have a chance at +2 skills, no matter what the starting ilvl is, no matter what your clvl is, and no matter how often you reroll them. The same cannot be said of the others (if you have a very high clvl character and a very high ilvl tiara, you could reroll it once and still have a chance, but that's it).

BTW, you have the formula wrong. It's floor(.4 * clvl) + floor(.4 * ilvl), not floor(.4 * (clvl + ilvl)).
adeyke,Mar 20 2005, 10:42 AM Wrote:BTW, you have the formula wrong.  It's floor(.4 * clvl) + floor(.4 * ilvl), not floor(.4 * (clvl + ilvl)).
[right][snapback]71318[/snapback][/right]

Aren't these the same thing with a little variable moving?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Mar 20 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:Aren't these the same thing with a little variable moving?
[right][snapback]71320[/snapback][/right]

You cannot safely distribute a rounding operation. floor(x) + floor(y) <= floor(x + y).

Consider the case of clvl 99, ilvl 99. The correct calculation is:
floor(.4 * 99) + floor(.4 * 99)
floor(39.6) + floor(39.6)
39 + 39

The incorrect calculation is:
floor(.4 * (99 + 99))
floor(.4 * 198)
floor(79.2)
adeyke,Mar 20 2005, 01:12 PM Wrote:You cannot safely distribute a rounding operation.&nbsp; floor(x) + floor(y) <= floor(x + y).

Consider the case of clvl 99, ilvl 99.&nbsp; The correct calculation is:
floor(.4 * 99) + floor(.4 * 99)
floor(39.6) + floor(39.6)
39 + 39

The incorrect calculation is:
floor(.4 * (99 + 99))
floor(.4 * 198)
floor(79.2)
[right][snapback]71321[/snapback][/right]

ah, rounding.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
ShadowHM,Mar 20 2005, 03:34 PM Wrote:I feel your pain.&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; I tried to look this up for you, and couldn't find a durn thing.

So, from memory (which is not the greatest aid here):

Yes, there are differences in the ilvl of these items.&nbsp; They do not have the same odds to get +2 skills.&nbsp; Character level should make no difference when re-rolling diadems.

If I am recalling correctly, the issue is that the cubing recipe progressively reduces the ilvl of the item.&nbsp; A diadem, however, cannot get below a certain ilvl, because it's base is always very high.&nbsp; So if you are spending the time, energy and skulls to do the re-roll in the hopes of +2 skills, it is only worth doing it with a diadem.

And, now that I have posted this (possible) mis-information, someone else will likely chime in with the right link to explain it better.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]71313[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for helping.
Ya I feel the pain especially when I am told to search for something 'answered in great detail' that wasn't already there :blink:
Adeyke was a great help too to understand.
Thanks Adeyke
Abramelin,Mar 20 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:Thanks for helping.
Ya I feel the pain especially when I am told to search for something 'answered in great detail' that wasn't already there :blink:
Adeyke was a great help too to understand.
Thanks Adeyke
[right][snapback]71336[/snapback][/right]

This certain concept has indeed been 'answered in great detail' but the only problem is you have to search for things like 'how alvls are calcualted' to understand it. If I recall correctly, this exact concept has not been answered before (ie... using the 6 pskull recipie to reroll circlets). Unfortunately, to use the search option effectively, you have to know what you are searching for. As long as you don't go about asking obvious questions (this one was not that obvious, as the AS gives horrid information on the subject) without searching first, you should be fine.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
adeyke wrote:

"Or, put another way, the minimum ilvl you need to have alvl 90 (necessary for +2 skills) is 87 for circlets, 82 for coronets, and 77 for tiaras, while diadems will have it at any ilvl."

Pardon me if I get it wrong, would it also be correct to say that:

A monster must be at least mlvl 87 for it to have a chance to drop a circlet that has +2 skills? So an mlvl 82 monster dropping a coronet has a chance for the coronet to be +2 skills. An mlvl 77 monster dropping a tiara has a chance of the tiara gaining +2 skills. And any monster that can drop a diadem (ie. coronet item type upgraded to diadem?), that diadem always has a chance to get +2 skills on it.

~~~~~

Hmm. maybe someone can make a summary regarding +2 skills circlets/coronets/tiara/diadem generation.

a) What is the lowest character level one needs so that a circlet/coronet/tiara/diadem will get +2 skills on it via IMBUE? What's the optimal character level (highest chance to get +2 skills) for C/C/T/D?

b) What character level to start have a chance to gamble a +2 skills C/C/T/D? What's the optimum level to gamble for them?

c) the 6-perfect skull recipe of rerolling levels has been give above by adeyke.

d) the 3-perfect gem rerollling recipe (is this the same chance/levels as 6-perfect skull re-rolling) for magic C/C/T/D

e) what are other ways of getting the +2 skills C/C/T/D? (monster drop is already asked above)

the above are for theoretical analysis (what is theoretically possible, the actual chances are probably very slim.
dta,Mar 25 2005, 03:52 AM Wrote:adeyke wrote:

"Or, put another way, the minimum ilvl you need to have alvl 90 (necessary for +2 skills) is 87 for circlets, 82 for coronets, and 77 for tiaras, while diadems will have it at any ilvl."

Pardon me if I get it wrong, would it also be correct to say that:

A monster must be at least mlvl 87 for it to have a chance to drop a circlet that has +2 skills? So an mlvl 82 monster dropping a coronet has a chance for the coronet to be +2 skills. An mlvl 77 monster dropping a tiara has a chance of the tiara gaining +2 skills. And any monster that can drop a diadem (ie. coronet item type upgraded to diadem?), that diadem always has a chance to get +2 skills on it.

Yes.

Quote:~~~~~

Hmm. maybe someone can make a summary regarding +2 skills circlets/coronets/tiara/diadem generation.

a) What is the lowest character level one needs so that a circlet/coronet/tiara/diadem will get +2 skills on it via IMBUE? What's the optimal character level (highest chance to get +2 skills) for C/C/T/D?

Imbue has ilvl = clvl + 4. So you'd need to be at least clvl 83/78/73/8, respectively. (You can't do the imbue quest before clvl 8, IIRC).

Quote:B) What character level to start have a chance to gamble a +2 skills C/C/T/D? What's the optimum level to gamble for them?

Gambling is a bit complicated, as you can't actually choose to get a tiara or diadem. Sometimes, if you're high-level enough and gamble a coronet, you'll get one of those randomly.

Gambling has ilvl = clvl - 5 to clvl + 4. So for circlets, it's easy. You need at least clvl 83, and should preferably have clvl 92+. With coronets, you need at least clvl 78, and should preferably have clvl 87+.

If you want to get a tiara or diadem, though, your chances will always increase with clvl. So ideally, for both of those, you'd want to be clvl 99. And you have to gamble coronets, not circlets.

Quote:d) the 3-perfect gem rerollling recipe (is this the same chance/levels as 6-perfect skull re-rolling) for magic C/C/T/D

That recipe retains the ilvl of the input item. So you'd need an ilvl of at least 87/82/77/1 for the input to have a chance at +2 skills from the output. Your clvl doesn't matter.

Quote:e) what are other ways of getting the +2 skills C/C/T/D? (monster drop is already asked above)

the above are for theoretical analysis (what is theoretically possible, the actual chances are probably very slim.
[right][snapback]71850[/snapback][/right]

Theoretically, you could also use the pskull + SoJ recipe, but this recipe should never, ever actually be used.

You can also find circlets and such from chests. There, ilvl = area level.