OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen?
I don't really go for something that necessarily means anything but rather something that I either feel sounds like my character or describes something that would be similar to how I imagine their outlook on life would be. I've had characters as follow:

SeleniaSkybreak - Bowazon - I just like this name since she was a lightning fury Amazon and yet the name flows off of your tongue. I hate names that *sound* bad. :)

Zhakaro - Werebear - I think that this name just sounds very primal and would be something that someone that can turn into a bear might just call himself.

Zharka - Werewolf - Similar to Zhakaro in that it sounds very feralistic to me. I guess I just like the whole "Zh-" sound for wild characters. :)

CelesStarlight - Charged Boltress - I felt this name sounded pretty as the visual effect for charged bolt is when you start spamming it at slvl 30+. I also thought the "Starlight" part sounded like a good description for what a bolt of lightning might look like as it came toward you.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. :lol:
-TheDragoon
Loyal_Servant

A Paladin which switched between Meditation and Salvation (made my Oak Sage quintipple immune!). Was the reason I started a Cleric.

Sapphireena

I'm not sure I spelled that right, and it's from another game. She was a green candy coloured pixie, and had a shop that sold jewelries (and it was amazingly decorated).

That's all. You don't really look at names in this kind of game. :unsure:
I've named a character Nugis_Armatus.

I don't actually know Latin but took this from a phrase dictionary. It listed it as meaning: armed with trifles.

Next I looked up nugae in a regular Latin dictionary. I've assumed this is the root word of nugis. Nugae is listed as meaning: jokes, jests, idle speaches, trifles, trumpery, nonsense.

As a name, would Nugis_Armatus be appropriate for a character who uses only Wirt's leg as a weapon?

-----
Edit: phrase not phase
"Nothing unreal exists."
-- Kiri-kin-tha
Quote: -- CH
(Which would be scarier? That Occhi might be thinking like me? Or that I might be thinking like Occhi?)

The answer is Yes! :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Nastie_Bowie, PvM bowazon. It is hard to level past 85.

Nastie_Sorcie, my first sorc. coldghtning.

Awwsum_Bowjob, my 1.10 bowazon.

BarbaraJeanne, bowazon named in honor of my "lovely" ex-wife.

My creative juices lean to the strange side, I know.

NB
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
DeeBye,Oct 30 2003, 09:48 PM Wrote:I managed to grab "WootLeetSkills" on the Ladder Realm.
*snort*
:lol:
*sprays soda on keyboard*

Aww, see what you made me do?

Back ON topic, for once, ( ;) ) most of my current characters are named using the "variation of Brimstone" rule, such as Brimstormy, my newest HC druid. I do have a Miss_Gatling_Too, a remake of Miss_Gatling, my first cookie-cutter strafeazon. And since I'm going into the way-back machine, my first barb in D2C was named PoppaPump, after the more chemically-enhanced Steiner brother from the now-defunct WCW.

EDIT: Oh, how could I forget my 1st HC char EVER, my assa named DedGrlWalkin? She'd slap me, if she wasn't so busy turning in her grave(s)...
Welcome to the Lounge. Hope you brought your portable bomb shelter. - Roland
Another one here that's overly proud of his own names :)

Joan_ofSpark, my HC charged boltress

Dan_Quixote, the paladin

Genghis_dan, a barbarian

Party_ghoul, a necro, obviously.

GoodnessGracious, who carried a personalized great maul of fire.

Pluck_yew, a bowazon, was my favorite name, though I never had the gumption to bring her to basin games, where I normally play

Some others I managed to snag after the last round of acct deletions:
Shania_twang
MeAndMyShadow
Sancho_Panzer (crying to be made into a defiant)
Shock_AndAwe
Yogi_daBear
ScoobyDoobyDoo
La_FemmeNikita (really suprised I got this one)
Calamity_Jane
Killer-K, a PKK Warrior character of mine from D1 at first but then when I moved to D2 I tried to use the same name, but it was taken.

Shivana-Rudra, a SinglePlayer Sorceress that I made, and finally Harbringer, a good name for a Barbarian.
"It burns because its burning!"
Hi,

Quote:GoodnessGracious, who carried a personalized great maul of fire.

Ha! I can't help but be amused by this one :D

As for some of my own all time favorites...

Mrs_Manoog - my first barbarian - in honor of my (beastly) 9th grade math teacher
Ahhh_ItBurns - fire sorc
BeatUWithAWand, my first necro
BrocEatMeat - my excellent frenzy barb
ILoveAnthrax - a most excellent poison nova necro (around the time of the anthrax scare)
CaffeineSponge - a psycho werewolf
Ensnared - my trap assasin
SingingMexican - my own warcry only barb

A hilarious name I saw a few weeks back for a warcry barb: ButIWantToSing :lol:
Some of my personal faves:

ICUndeadPeople - necro, guess the build
IGotSharpStix - jabazon
CraniumTapdance - 1.10 kicker
Trapah - (I can't believe they let this name through, wtf)
Shadoui - (see above)
HeyWheresMyStaff - melee enchantress
YourFaceMyAxe - 1.09 frenzy barb

That's all I can recall offhand..
Blu Angel - Sorc
Punanana - Sorc
Hrrmmmmmmgah - Barb
Rustaffar - Barb (Was built to use a rune staff)
Phucket - Barb
HeltahSkeltah - Necro
MarquisDeSad - Necro
ChicaPow - Assa
Drugie - Druid
Burrita - Zon
Insubordinate - Pally
ElektraKuteYa <--my SC CB sorc
SyrrOsisOfLivva <-- nearly all my SC + HC Pallies are of the Livva clan , thought the HC ones sem to have shorter careers (I know O'cchi mentioned this name , been running Osis'es since my D and D days :P )
EyesKream <-- my HC Ladder Necro
EyeSkreamALot <-- my SC Ladder Necro
SinneMatik <-- my HC Ladder Trap/Sin

Others I may have deleted or retired (will add later when I check my list at home ;) ): FleaBittnFury , BoneAppaTeeth (skelli/ Bonespear/teeth HCL) ,
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
lol, great minds and all...

I have a lvl 87 hammerdin called mc_hammertyme ( gotta love the 80's).

I also have micheal_jakzon coming in at lvl 5 in hc ladder ... for some reason i just cant see him going far...

then theres, a druid werebear called robin-williams ( not original but considering all the body hair involved),
a necro called formerly_prince ( wouldve like formerly known, but ran out of letters), and the recently departed whatwhome (name taken not 3 minutes after i erased him and tried to remake, sigh).
This thread is worth it for "I CE Dead People" alone 8^)

I confess to being fairly proud of "Professor Pilum", my spear-chucker. I also like my friend's cookie-cutter Sorceress, "Ionia Ras".

In other news, "Hello, first post here for years, apologies for minor forum necromancy in bumping this 2/3 of a page..."
I made a classic char called Of_MonteCristo. I want to get him to Count. :)
I have one more that I was reminded of in reading the names taken from mythology. My first ever character (single player) was a barbarian known as Achilles. Ironically, he had a 'heel' as it were: OK's and their damn Iron Maiden curse. I must've died 4 times before I figured out that it was the curse that was killing me.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
I just registered a new char after playing the game "Balderdash" (fun game) named "Spraints". 5 points to anyone who can tell me what it means. :)
[Image: LLPaladin.jpg]

I got this name two days ago on USWest Ladder SC.
Rhydderch Hael,Nov 4 2003, 11:36 PM Wrote:Maxmillian Graves, or any derivation thereof, also tends to work. Makes-a-million graves.
Funny you should mention one of the Graves boys. I managed his nephews Digger and Robber on Europe for a while until I grew bored with Necromancers.

Others are Beowulf_Baerzun the werewolf son of a bear, Cole_Steel the sword using barbarian hoping for a Coldsteel Eye and Nita_FrostSpear, the FA/LF using amazon she-wolf.
Francois

"Go now and sin no more." - John 8:11

All technical links have been removed from this signature, until definitive 1.10 data becomes available.
Read some Tales from Sanctuary lately?
All my characters are simply Red on Europe and at home, see them here.
I had a Zeal Paladin (may he rest in peace) named Parkinson after the disease that causes uncontrollable muscle movement...

Banzai!