Amazon Basin Down Again?
Are the Amazon Basin and its forums down again? I can't access them at the moment ...
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Nor can I.

Bolty, get out the blankets and the sleeping bags again.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Same here, and their bots aren't in channel either. =(
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Yes, it seems to be down again. :( I hope it's only temporary...

Otherwise Bolty and Griselda have a bunch of orphans to take care of again. :lol:
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
hmm, time to gather around the campfire again. I hope bolty has enough wood for a big one :)

* Wim-sama grabs the marshmelows

---------------------------

no bot on europe, no activity on www.theamazonbasin.com :(
Maybe patch 1.10 is the cause for the downtime of the AB? :D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I've got a pulse!

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping www.theamazonbasin.com

Pinging svr1.theamazonbasin.com [64.246.44.91] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.246.44.91: bytes=32 time=156ms TTL=40
Reply from 64.246.44.91: bytes=32 time=140ms TTL=40
Reply from 64.246.44.91: bytes=32 time=141ms TTL=40
Reply from 64.246.44.91: bytes=32 time=141ms TTL=40

But no life sign from the web server though. :( However, the actual network path isn't broken, and the computer usually running the web server is up and running.

@Nobbie: Of course! Somehow it must be! :)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
and it's back....
Yes, it's back :)
* Jugalator quickly eats Wim's all mashmallows raw before heading back. :) Can't just leave them here!
Necropost, but err, the AB forums are AWOL again. =(
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
And there they go down again...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Very annoying, especially since I've been AWOL since thursday (due to monitor problems) and when I've finally just come back there's a PM for me and I can't see what it is! :(

Is the Weasel a member here?
It's been getting 'Too Busy' for the last week. :(
Qrt,Jan 12 2005, 05:40 AM Wrote:Very annoying, especially since I've been AWOL since thursday (due to monitor problems) and when I've finally just come back there's a PM for me and I can't see what it is! :(

Is the Weasel a member here?

I've got a message too, and I wanna know what it says! :lol:

Yes, it's been unpredictable for days, and now this. :(

A search for AllWeasel as a member here comes up nada. Ah, well, we can rest assured that the Powers That Be are working diligently to bring us back up.

Cads
Normally TPJ is the one that pops in on extended downtime and says something.
Nvts,Jan 12 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:Normally TPJ is the one that pops in on extended downtime and says something.
[right][snapback]65111[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, it's dead. It stopped responding around 9 p.m. EST on 1/11. We put in a ticket to have it restarted. Once it came back up, AllWeasel started poking around and found that some forum tables were corrupt. To avoid any further issues, he stopped Apache so he could work on the problems.

Last word from Da Weaz was that he was done tidying up (for now) and that a few things needed to be done before Apache could be restarted.

My feeling is that we're in for some server maintenance soon. Once it comes back up, it'll probably just be 'band-aided'. Some serious tweaking may happen and some updates may be performed on some major software components. We'll see.

Thanks to Bolty & Co. for putting a temporary roof over our collective heads for the time being. As always, it is appreciated.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
TPJ,Jan 12 2005, 07:05 AM Wrote:Thanks to Bolty & Co. for putting a temporary roof over our collective heads for the time being. As always, it is appreciated.
[right][snapback]65115[/snapback][/right]

Indeed. Thanks for putting us up for a few nights while we get the place fixed up.

Could this corruption be linked to the forum down time a few weeks ago?
Thank you ! :D
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto