Poll: Should the Poll feature of this board be disabled?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
41.27%
26 41.27%
No
14.29%
9 14.29%
Don't Care
6.35%
4 6.35%
Mythical Creatures Haunt My Nightmares
38.10%
24 38.10%
Total 63 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll on the poll
"I think Elric should have a job besides whipping out his trout"

Aaargh... bad images. I shouldn't have taken that as a euphemism :blink:
How about if he whipped out a goldfish?
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
-no text-
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
...being an ex-trout bearer myself (was in IRC though...different group entirely heh) - It'd get annoying to have people say "can you make this utterly innane poll please!!!" .... probably nearly as annoying as "unban me please, I was just joking when I called you a XXXXXX" - just a thought though.

While monsters do inhabit my dreams...nightly (they tell me to turn things). I think either remove them or don't, I wouldn't want to be the moderator in charge of putting up polls for people (I'd go new-kid killing). They're not extremely annoying, I usually just avoid reading polls unless they have a lot of replies.
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
WarBlade,May 16 2003, 05:03 AM Wrote:How about if he whipped out a goldfish?
:lol:

Does it make me a bad person, to openly "laugh out loud" at the thought of our pointy eared pal Elric... well... rather... ?

:D Thanks for the laugh WarBlade.
And what was goldfish doing in that place, from whence Elric whips things out, anyway? Is he hiding from something, or is there really something fishy going on here?

Does Elric usually preface his whipping out with

"Pardon me while I whip this out . . ." or does he just to that for shock value.

*gears grind*

Who'd have thought that Elric's fish tail (tale) would end up being this long? :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Now, Elric, I didn't want to know about you and your trout, so let's not pull Bolty and his tuna in here.....and besides, I guess that means I don't do anything here?

As far as admin-only polls: Admins reserve the right to say 'NI' and make it stick. Or was that 'NO'?
--Mav
That makes it:

One shrubbery for Mav, (that is someone's slang for a chef's salad) a Tuna Sandwich on toasted rye for Bolty, and for Elric a broiled in olive oil and garlic Rainbow Trout. For Griselda, the smoked salmon with capers and fresh Vadalia onions with a side of grilled mushrooms.

Will you gentlemen, and lady, be having wine with this meal, or should I just broach the cask of Kingsport Best Bitter and fill your flagons from there? :)

buon appetito
In Memory of Pete
Mmmmm, now I'm hungry....
Hail Mav,

No, you serve the beverages ;) I wasn't sure if you did anything different to what I do or not, so I simply didn't include you: I figured you could add anything to that list :D
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
It will have to be goldfish crackers for me, not smoked salmon. :P

I do have some fishy suggestions:

[Image: fish2.gif]
Maybe we'd get a bit more respect around here if we whipped out this guy more often.

[Image: fish3.gif]
This guy also might be effective

[Image: fishslap.gif]
Standard trout whipping procedure

[Image: hammer.gif]
The Charis special

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Hail Gris,

Whee :) A fish-slapping smiley! That's what I have been missing all these years :D Now my collection is complete: all fear my superfluous smiley skills ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
It seems we have been getting more discussion on how much this or that poll sucks than discussion on the poll. Sounds useless to me. :blink:
WWBBD?
If nothing else, we've identified that we may need to start a support group for those Lurkers with haunted nightmares. :lol:

-Griselda

--Pete
Griselda,May 17 2003, 01:21 PM Wrote:If nothing else, we've identified that we may need to start a support group for those Lurkers with haunted nightmares.&nbsp; :lol:

-Griselda
My nightmares now involve trout :(
Do your nightmares also involve Elric and whipped out trout?
--Mav
Is that anything like bass prepared in a Bass-O-Matic?

Hmmmm, troutshakes. Could work, if you add just a little cilantro.

And Griselda, is that smiley now available for all to use? You know, the one that depicts how to tenderize a trout . . . to whit, smacking someone's head with it.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 19 2003, 03:57 PM Wrote:Hmmmm, troutshakes.&nbsp; Could work, if you add just a little cilantro.
:wacko: /me shudders
Welcome to the Lounge. Hope you brought your portable bomb shelter. - Roland
Umm... not much more. I move posts in the wrong forum, lock topics that need to be, nuke spam...

Wait, nuke spam? Didn't the saying go, "After a nuclear holocaust the only things left will be roaches, Cher, and Spam?" I'm surprised you've had favorable results...

...ban idiots, and wave a trout at people who are being bad little boys and girls. Gris and Bolty do all that and also handle the DII section of the site with news and, later on, updates; Lemming does that for the DI section.

HEY! Trade secrets, Elric! You never know who might be lurking...

And, for the record, I don't wave trout. I wave a stitch-spangled TFoS, though it doesn't seem very intimidating to most people. They tend to gawk at it and ask me to keep it away from them.

As for polls, disabling the feature's fine with me. Opinions are better expressed in discussion than polls.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
And Griselda, is that smiley now available for all to use? You know, the one that depicts how to tenderize a trout . . . to whit, smacking someone's head with it.

All the ones in my post above were taken from "free for public use" type graphics pages, so you're welcome to link them in posts here.

You just have to promise not to serve me any of those troutshakes! :blink:

-Griselda

--Pete