The New Forum Has Arrived
(05-03-2010, 08:48 PM)LavCat Wrote: Oh, did I have to do any settings change on my end to make a difference?

Sometimes a refresh is needed to make changes show up. Otherwise no, nothing needed to be done on your end. It's possible I just didn't change it enough to be noticeable to somebody not staring at the colors. It is easy to change though. Just have to find the right color for it.
I decided to try a different direction with the form fields. Make them show closer how a post will actually look. : ) Should hopefully solve the problem with their readability too.
(05-04-2010, 04:28 AM)swirly Wrote: I decided to try a different direction with the form fields. Make them show closer how a post will actually look. : ) Should hopefully solve the problem with their readability too.

Thanks, although I liked the black on tan better. Let's see what others think.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Ooh nice, this adds in the difference between read and unread links too.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hi,

(05-04-2010, 04:28 AM)swirly Wrote: I decided to try a different direction with the form fields. Make them show closer how a post will actually look. : ) Should hopefully solve the problem with their readability too.
I like it, but I like light text on dark because of the reduced glare.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this. It really looks good.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(05-04-2010, 04:04 PM)--Pete Wrote: Thanks for all the work you've done on this. It really looks good.

--Pete

I'd like to second that!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
In the old threaded view, there were small lines showing from which post a thread split. Those are gone now making it a bit confusing as to which post I am reading from in threaded view.

Also, it no longer shows all of the older posts past the one you just clicked on in threaded view (you know, how it showed not only the post you clicked on in the thread, but also all the reply's to that thread too). It's not too bad, but makes it a bit harder to read every thread in threaded view as opposed to just clicking on the last post in a thread, going to its origin, and reading all the posts up to that point.

Any way to change this back to how it was?

EDIT: Oh yeah, also when you reply in threaded view to more than one person on the same line of the thread, it combines your posts. An interesting feature. This is more of a comment than a complaint. Example: Pete makes a post, Jester and Kath respond to that post in separate threads, I make a response to each of them, and my two posts become one with a horizontal line separating them.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(05-03-2010, 06:23 PM)swirly Wrote: Anyway, let me know when/where it is uploaded and I'll change the theme over. Have to change where the theme in general points as well as a couple of things in the css.

Sorry this took so long, but the files are in the /images/oldlounge folder now.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-06-2010, 11:08 PM)Bolty Wrote: Sorry this took so long, but the files are in the /images/oldlounge folder now.

Not a problem. I'm sure you are a busy guy. : ) Everything should be set now to show the images. So if anybody still sees bright blue...reload the page...clear your cache if necessary. Basically it is on your end not the forum's. : )
Happily noticed the new buttons!

I like our new home, awesometastic job (excuse me for repeating myself).

Smile

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Perhaps this image as a background? It's only, oh, 13 years old or so...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-07-2010, 10:11 PM)Bolty Wrote: Perhaps this image as a background? It's only, oh, 13 years old or so...

Fine by me. Upload it somewhere and tell me the name/location. Shouldn't be hard to edit the css to use it. I could possibly link to the location of that attachment, but that seems quite foolish. : )
(05-08-2010, 01:49 AM)swirly Wrote: Fine by me. Upload it somewhere and tell me the name/location. Shouldn't be hard to edit the css to use it. I could possibly link to the location of that attachment, but that seems quite foolish. : )

It's in /images/oldlounge/background.jpg now.

One other nit: the Forum Jump dropdowns at the bottom of pages have a solid white background that's pretty strong compared to the darker colors of the forum. Not sure if changeable.

Thanks again for all your work. Heart
(05-08-2010, 02:57 AM)Bolty Wrote: It's in /images/oldlounge/background.jpg now.

One other nit: the Forum Jump dropdowns at the bottom of pages have a solid white background that's pretty strong compared to the darker colors of the forum. Not sure if changeable.

Done. I actually tried to change the select boxes once before, but the dungeon I was queued for while working on it popped up and I never got back to it. Thanks for pointing it out so I bothered to go and do it. : ) I think I've exhausted everything I am aware of that needs changed. So it is purely in the hands of you all to point things out now.
(05-08-2010, 04:41 AM)swirly Wrote: Done. I actually tried to change the select boxes once before, but the dungeon I was queued for while working on it popped up and I never got back to it. Thanks for pointing it out so I bothered to go and do it. : ) I think I've exhausted everything I am aware of that needs changed. So it is purely in the hands of you all to point things out now.

Very pretty as well as functional, thanks!
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(05-07-2010, 10:11 PM)Bolty Wrote: Perhaps this image as a background? It's only, oh, 13 years old or so...

Yay! It's back. The background goes so nicely with the walnut theme for firefox. Now it feels all warm and comfy, like an online Snuggie!Heart
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Yea it was somewhat scary when i saw the forums load up and when i tried to find the current news all i got was the forums listing..

But i love the design!
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
(05-17-2010, 04:48 AM)Wiccan Wrote: Yea it was somewhat scary when i saw the forums load up and when i tried to find the two-year-old news all i got was the forums listing..

There, fixed that for you!

Big Grin
(04-28-2010, 03:02 PM)Bolty Wrote:
(04-28-2010, 01:27 PM)shoju Wrote: On the old forum, you could see who was in each forum, and who was in each thread, and if they were posting.

I have activated seeing who is browsing each forum. There doesn't seem to be an option to enable who is viewing a thread or who is posting in a thread.

I keep pondering this myself. Made me do a google search which turned up a possible mod.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/users-browsing-thread

The phrasing of the description makes me think that the default should be able to do it too. That the mod just adds the ability to see invisible users and such. I've not found any actual proof of this, but it makes me wonder if it is there somewhere or if a mod like this is required.

Reading the install instructions for the mod it says:
Quote: For non-standard templates, if the plugin doesn't show the users, edit your Showthread Templates>showthread template and place {$usersbrowsing} wherever you want to display the users.
Which makes me wonder if adding that just in the default might make it show without any mod. It could just be a value that is missing from the current layouts. I think I have template permissions so I might go and see if that is in there and what it does to add it. Later though, time for me to eat now.

edit: Did some poking. As far as I can tell the mod would be required to make it work.
  • CSS declaration syntax error, a very little one
    File: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/cache...global.css
    Line: 438
    Error: Semicolon missing at the end of the line.
    Complete original block:
    Code:
    .codeblock .title {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #d6c28b
        font-weight: bold;
        margin: 4px 0;
    }

This error occurs only if the classic board style is active (because this file belongs only to this board style, I guess).

• Text color of drop-down menus of message font and text size controls
    The classic board style has the text in white and the background of the mentioned controls is white, too, but it should have a dark background for the sake of contrast. Or the other way around, at least not equal or similar.

Maybe a good thing would be editor_dropdown_menu li { color: black; } in the file http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/jscri...esheet.css or something like that. Well, it could be possible that there have to be maintained two editor styles, one for each board style ... In the end, you guys know better than me what and where to change (if there is something to change).

Regards, Spelunker

PS
I don't read complete CSS files. That thing my browser told me.