The New Forum Has Arrived
(06-17-2010, 10:10 AM)Spelunker Wrote: Error: Semicolon missing at the end of the line.

Fixed that issue.

The other one I'm having some trouble figuring out how to fix. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll keep working at it to see if I can figure out a fix.

Edit:

(06-17-2010, 10:10 AM)Spelunker Wrote: Maybe a good thing would be editor_dropdown_menu li { color: black; } in the file http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/jscri...esheet.css or something like that.

Got it fixed I think. The css file you linked is one I don't have access too, but it told me the class names I needed. So I just set the default text color for the message editor (the whole thing, not just the dropdown) to 000000 and it looks to be fine now. Let me know if it messes anything else up though.

Edit 2: Random interesting thing. The last time I looked at the themes, the old lounge one had a two digit number for people using it. Now it has a 4 digit number and the "Default" theme (It's named Default, but not the default anymore) only has 3 people. Amusing. I'm aware it is likely because most people just have it set to use whatever the default is, but still funny to me.
(06-17-2010, 10:36 AM)swirly Wrote:
(06-17-2010, 10:10 AM)Spelunker Wrote: Error: Semicolon missing at the end of the line.

Fixed that issue.

The other one I'm having some trouble figuring out how to fix. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll keep working at it to see if I can figure out a fix.

Edit:

(06-17-2010, 10:10 AM)Spelunker Wrote: Maybe a good thing would be editor_dropdown_menu li { color: black; } in the file http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/jscri...esheet.css or something like that.

Got it fixed I think. The css file you linked is one I don't have access too, but it told me the class names I needed. So I just set the default text color for the message editor (the whole thing, not just the dropdown) to 000000 and it looks to be fine now. Let me know if it messes anything else up though.

Edit 2: Random interesting thing. The last time I looked at the themes, the old lounge one had a two digit number for people using it. Now it has a 4 digit number and the "Default" theme (It's named Default, but not the default anymore) only has 3 people. Amusing. I'm aware it is likely because most people just have it set to use whatever the default is, but still funny to me.

Code:
Now code and quote look the same: both with a line diving title and body.
And the editor controls work as intended in my opinion (and my browser Wink ). I just had to "fully/manually" reload the page so that the browser reloads all files (HTML, CSS, JS, ...) in order to see the changes. A very quick and fast fix - thank you, swirly. Smile

At Edit 1: I knew, you know it better than me. And also the two styles share the same editor style: dark text and bright background - so I was wrong at that.

At Edit 2: Nice feature of the board that you can see the favorite settings of the users. Default setting is a big issue. One example that comes right to my mind is that about online flight booking/ticketing. IIRC, some court(s) have dealt with what is allowed to be selected by default, additional/optional things like assurance, baggage and so on.

BTW, I just found out at the time of writing the last post that the classic theme became the default one. You don't see how many users have selected Use Default and how many Old Lounge Theme, do you? I just "switched" from Old Lounge Theme to Use Default. Wink
(06-17-2010, 11:26 AM)Spelunker Wrote:
Code:
Is this saying you like them looking the same or you would prefer them looking different? The main difference (and core purpose between them) is that the code block uses a monospace font while the quote one uses the default forum font. So while the coloring is the same currently, the different functionality is still there. Personally I think I prefer them being the same coloring, but I'd be open to making them slightly different if users would prefer that.

(06-17-2010, 11:26 AM)Spelunker Wrote: BTW, I just found out at the time of writing the last post that the classic theme became the default one. You don't see how many users have selected Use Default and how many Old Lounge Theme, do you? I just "switched" from Old Lounge Theme to Use Default. Wink
Nope, all it says is the number of users using a theme. Not if Use Default or Old Lounge Theme are set. I'd wager the old 2 digit number I recall is how many have it manually set to Old Lounge Theme while the other 4 digit people simply have Use Default. I suppose one could change the default and see how the numbers change and then change it back. Some simple math would then tell you how many have Use Default set. It would likely be bad practice to toy with it in that way though just in case somebody is browsing when it was done. Could be confusing for them. : )
(06-17-2010, 12:45 PM)swirly Wrote:
(06-17-2010, 11:26 AM)Spelunker Wrote:
Code:
Is this saying you like them looking the same or you would prefer them looking different? The main difference (and core purpose between them) is that the code block uses a monospace font while the quote one uses the default forum font. So while the coloring is the same currently, the different functionality is still there. Personally I think I prefer them being the same coloring, but I'd be open to making them slightly different if users would prefer that.

I just wanted to say that before the (border-bottom) line below the title of the code box was not displayed. The result looked a bit like one has put Code: into the first line of the actual code block, i.e. between [ code] and [/code]. I haven't voted for/pro nor against same/similar looks. It looks good/okay for me now, I'm open to/for changes, too, but I don't have any suggestions at the moment.

(06-17-2010, 12:45 PM)swirly Wrote:
(06-17-2010, 11:26 AM)Spelunker Wrote: BTW, I just found out at the time of writing the last post that the classic theme became the default one. You don't see how many users have selected Use Default and how many Old Lounge Theme, do you? I just "switched" from Old Lounge Theme to Use Default. Wink
Nope, all it says is the number of users using a theme. Not if Use Default or Old Lounge Theme are set. I'd wager the old 2 digit number I recall is how many have it manually set to Old Lounge Theme while the other 4 digit people simply have Use Default. I suppose one could change the default and see how the numbers change and then change it back. Some simple math would then tell you how many have Use Default set. It would likely be bad practice to toy with it in that way though just in case somebody is browsing when it was done. Could be confusing for them. : )

Everybody with special rights at this board uses them wisely, great! : )
The search function highlighting is not as handy as it could be: When using the search function, one gets the search term highlighted, e.g. like in this example. (Edit: Since this has already been changed, now you will see the fixed version.)

You see - white text on white background (or almost white, let's say bright both times). I guess this comes, once more, from the default theme, where the text was black/dark. So far I collected this: The CSS class is just called highlight. Together with the file [...]theme5/global.css and especially the following lines
Code:
.highlight {
    background: #FFFFCC;
    padding: 3px;
}
it ends up in the stated result.

That was the easier part (stating the things to improve and giving a hint where). Now, the trickier part is what color the highlight-background should be ... well, surprise me! Cool One idea: What is the complementary color of the post background color (title:#3d3a49, body:#444c58)...?
(06-24-2010, 10:49 PM)Spelunker Wrote: The search function highlighting is not as handy as it could be
I don't know if the color I went with is the best, but it is actually readable now. I just went with the same coloring as where it says Author/Message. I tried the darker color like where it shows your PMs too, but the lighter one seemed to stand out better which I felt was important for search.
(06-25-2010, 02:29 AM)swirly Wrote:
(06-24-2010, 10:49 PM)Spelunker Wrote: The search function highlighting is not as handy as it could be
I don't know if the color I went with is the best, but it is actually readable now. I just went with the same coloring as where it says Author/Message. I tried the darker color like where it shows your PMs too, but the lighter one seemed to stand out better which I felt was important for search.

Thanks again for the quick fix, swirly. This is absolutely readable. And, yes, there is always a choice between not enough noticeable and too much distractive from the rest of the content. BTW I haven't thought about adjusting background and text color - as you did.
Just found some bits of the old forum that have survived: Smile Maybe there are more ...

BTW: One thing I miss are those funny changing sentences right below the Lurker Lounge nameplate image in/of the old forum.