Steam 2012 Summer Sale
I'm sort of on the fence about Borderlands but it does look fun. What's the difference between the regular version and the GOTY one?
(07-16-2012, 01:22 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I'm sort of on the fence about Borderlands but it does look fun. What's the difference between the regular version and the GOTY one?

The GOTY version has all the expansion packs with it.

A truly fun game.
(07-16-2012, 01:35 AM)Pesmerga Wrote: The GOTY version has all the expansion packs with it.

A truly fun game.

Thanks, purchased!
If someone who does not own Bastion reads this in the next four hours... jump on it dude.
(07-16-2012, 02:23 AM)Nystul Wrote: If someone who does not own Bastion reads this in the next four hours... jump on it dude.

I do not own Bastion. Is it really that good?

edit: I just bought it. $3.74 is cheap.
(07-16-2012, 02:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I do not own Bastion. Is it really that good?

I think you'll get your money's worth. Not something to replay for years and years, but plenty of action and a well crafted story.
For anyone who likes RTS games, you can get Kohan: Ahriman's Gift for $2.50. It's getting pretty old now (it was released in 2001), but I still prefer it to any RTS game released since.

The Kohan WarChest is available for $5, but it's not worth it IMO. Kohan 2 was a real disappointment, and Kohan: Immortal Sovereign and Kohan: Ahriman's Gift are essentially the same game (built on same engine), but KAG has extra units, spells, etc. But for story based playing, KIS is ok.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(07-16-2012, 02:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 02:23 AM)Nystul Wrote: If someone who does not own Bastion reads this in the next four hours... jump on it dude.

I do not own Bastion. Is it really that good?

Bastion has to be one of the most well-presented games of recent times, it truly is excellent.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Fallout 3 for 5 bucks. Yet another game I'll probably never have time to play...sigh...
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-16-2012, 12:13 PM)Bolty Wrote: Fallout 3 for 5 bucks. Yet another game I'll probably never have time to play...sigh...

I bought Fallout:NV. I heard it was the better of the 2 newer Fallouts, and I probably won't play both.

Bastion = awesome. I bought it when it was on sale a few months ago and am kicking myself for not picking up the soundtrack. I had the soundtrack in my cart at 75% off yesterday, got distracted, and now the flash sale is gone.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is another fantastic game. A Zelda-style brawler that I actually attempted to complete 100%, even after the main campaign was done. Waiting for Arkham City to go on sale...

Borderlands is a must-have if the idea of mixing action RPG's & FPS's appeals to you. The expansions are hit and miss (Knoxx is the best, IIRC) but overall there is much fun to be had. Great fun at LAN parties also.

Just Cause 2 is a must-buy if/when it comes up on sale. It's a 3-rd person action game where you have to save a group of islands from a corrupt oil corporation that is trying to blah blah blah who cares. The real goal of the game is to hijack an airplane, fly it into the nearest oil tank, parachute out right before impact and see how big of an explosion you can cause. Side projects include planting as many triggered explosives as possible and trigger them all at once just to see the beautiful explosives, tie enemies to explosive cannisters/shoot the cannisters/watch the enemies fly into space, and various other explosive-related activities. It's basically a sandbox for pyromaniacs. There are some great mods for the game also, and it's one of those rare games where you'll actually have MORE fun making yourself invincible. Too much fun. I guess there's actually a multiplayer mod out now.
(07-16-2012, 02:45 PM)RTM Wrote: Batman: Arkham Asylum is another fantastic game. A Zelda-style brawler that I actually attempted to complete 100%, even after the main campaign was done. Waiting for Arkham City to go on sale...

The collection is on sale for $50 and it's everything for Arkham Asylum and City including all DLC.

Picked up the Batman collection and Star Wars collection, some total of $90 and get all DLC and a lot of games (somewhere around 12 games with all associated DLC).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I feel that Fallout 3 is better than Fallout NV mostly because of the fact I find the capital wasteland a much better envrioment then Vegas. I also felt that the DLC for NV was annoying and tedious when compared to Fallout 3 DLC. Fallout 3 GOTY for 5 bucks is amazing.
Oh man Borderlands. Have fun everyone who just picked it up, I can't wait for the sequel to come out.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Mirror's Edge is up on the community deal for $4.99. If you've never tried this rare gem, I'd recommend it. It's...different, and that's why you should give it a try. I guarantee it'll be a unique gaming experience, even if it's not your cup of tea.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-16-2012, 04:53 PM)Crushar Wrote: I feel that Fallout 3 is better than Fallout NV mostly because of the fact I find the capital wasteland a much better envrioment then Vegas. I also felt that the DLC for NV was annoying and tedious when compared to Fallout 3 DLC. Fallout 3 GOTY for 5 bucks is amazing.

Shut up. I don't need more games.

*sigh*

Do you need to play Fallout 3 for any of the Fallout:NV story to make sense? Like I need more justification here.

Oh, and I just bought the Assassin's Creed pack. All 3 games (GOTY editions) for $35, not one of the cheaper deals on the site, but I've been meaning to play them all. I hear there's a pretty cool multiplayer mode on the 2nd or 3rd one.
(07-17-2012, 12:02 AM)Bolty Wrote: Mirror's Edge is up on the community deal for $4.99. If you've never tried this rare gem, I'd recommend it. It's...different, and that's why you should give it a try. I guarantee it'll be a unique gaming experience, even if it's not your cup of tea.

STOP RECOMMENDING GAMES!

I haven't played HL2: Ep 2 yet and it's $5. Shall I?
(07-17-2012, 12:58 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I haven't played HL2: Ep 2 yet and it's $5. Shall I?

[Image: surprise.jpeg]

Um, yes.

In other news, this video of multiplayer Trine 2 made me crack up.

"This is my pet rock!"
(07-17-2012, 12:58 AM)DeeBye Wrote: STOP RECOMMENDING GAMES!

Just for that. A fan of Heroes of Might And Magic? It was a descendent of King's Bounty.

King's Bounty has a few recent games out. I liked The Legend, really liked Armored Princess and haven't gotten to Crossworlds yet.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(07-17-2012, 02:08 AM)Bolty Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 12:58 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I haven't played HL2: Ep 2 yet and it's $5. Shall I?

Um, yes.

Soooo I shouldn't admit to never having played any Half Life game then huh?
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(07-17-2012, 02:31 AM)Gnollguy Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 02:08 AM)Bolty Wrote:

Um, yes.

Soooo I shouldn't admit to never having played any Half Life game then huh?

Yeah, I haven't, either. I'll get around to it. Tongue

I *did* thoroughly enjoy the one $6.24 purchase I made in this sale, though. Big Grin
--Mav