Steam 2012 Summer Sale
(07-17-2012, 02:08 AM)Bolty Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 12:58 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I haven't played HL2: Ep 2 yet and it's $5. Shall I?

[Image: surprise.jpeg]

Um, yes.

Damn you to hell. I still haven't even installed Bastion, Borderlands, or Dead Space 2 yet (working on replaying Dead Space 1 right now because it's just that awesome).

Purchased HL2: ep2 anyways Sad
Do you need to play Fallout 3 for any of the Fallout:NV story to make sense? Like I need more justification here.

No no need to play Fallout 3 for Fallout NV to make sense no correlation that i noticed. Except for a few theories I have but those are kind of spoilers.
(07-17-2012, 03:11 AM)Crushar Wrote: Do you need to play Fallout 3 for any of the Fallout:NV story to make sense? Like I need more justification here.

No no need to play Fallout 3 for Fallout NV to make sense no correlation that i noticed. Except for a few theories I have but those are kind of spoilers.

Really, the only game requirement for NV is playing FO2, which if you haven't done so means that there is something wrong with you. NV is more of a sequel to 2 than 3 ever was.

On the other hand some knowledge with what happened in 3 helps when it comes with dealing with the Enclave.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
(07-16-2012, 02:45 PM)RTM Wrote: Batman: Arkham Asylum is another fantastic game. A Zelda-style brawler that I actually attempted to complete 100%, even after the main campaign was done. Waiting for Arkham City to go on sale...

Arkham City just won the most recent community vote. 66% off the full price once the sale goes live.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

I laughed hard at this. No, this isn't me.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I did something similar, but not quite as bad, the first Summer Sale. After a required manual confirmation for my credit card, I learned to use the shopping cart from then on.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Oh? If you add a game at a sale price to your cart, will it still show as the same price later after the sale is over? Or you mean you just added a bunch of games that were on sale one particular day before checking out?

In other news, LIMBO is on sale for $2.49. Just buy it.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-17-2012, 05:33 PM)Bolty Wrote: Oh? If you add a game at a sale price to your cart, will it still show as the same price later after the sale is over? Or you mean you just added a bunch of games that were on sale one particular day before checking out?

In other news, LIMBO is on sale for $2.49. Just buy it.

Nope. You'll always be charged the current price at checkout. You can't, for example, put an item that's on a flash sale for a limited time, wait for the next bunch of flash sales to appear, add another game on, and expect the first game you added to still be cheap. Gotta grab them while they're hot.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

More referring to the 8 purchases in a single date - I did like 5 individually once, had to say my credit card was in fact not stolen, and now I'll buy in a clump per day instead.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Man, Dead Space is such a pretty game for a 2008 release - and it runs so smoothly. I love this game so much.

http://i.imgur.com/Ofkn6.jpg

edit: also I got my son a Steam account and bought him Battlefront II last night. It was too hot to do anything outside so we sat inside playing videogames together. He logged 10 hours into it already. I'm not sure if that makes me a bad parent or the best dad ever.
(07-18-2012, 01:37 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I'm not sure if that makes me a bad parent or the best dad ever.

The answer is, of course, yes. Now go play some more Minecraft with him and tell us about it!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I see I can get deadspace 1 and 2 for $10. Is it worth it?
(07-18-2012, 06:43 PM)Crushar Wrote: I see I can get deadspace 1 and 2 for $10. Is it worth it?

If you liked the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series, then yes.

edit: I got so excited by Just Cause 2 being really cheap that I bought it, completely forgetting that it won't run on XP.
I was doing so well. Been looking at the sales out of curiosity, but didn't feel the need to buy any. Then I noticed the 4 Assassin Creed games for only about $35. Crap. >.< Ah well. Could have been worse. =) Damn you Steam!
Intolerant monkey.
The last SimCity game I actually enjoyed was SimCity 2000. How does SimCity 4 fare?

I also bought my son and I Terraria. DAMN YOU STEAM SALE!
(07-16-2012, 02:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 02:23 AM)Nystul Wrote: If someone who does not own Bastion reads this in the next four hours... jump on it dude.

I do not own Bastion. Is it really that good?

Quick question about Bastion. I haven't played it yet, but do I need a controller for it or is mouse+keyboard okay? It really looks like it needs a controller.

I have an old Logitech controller, would it work okay or is there something better (like the XBox 360 one)?

[Image: rNmKw.jpg]
(07-19-2012, 02:59 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Quick question about Bastion. I haven't played it yet, but do I need a controller for it or is mouse+keyboard okay? It really looks like it needs a controller.

It has a console feel to it, but I find that mouse and keyboard work pretty well. It is a cursor style aimed attack, so mouse is ideal for that. Moving around is a bit awkward because you use WASD kind of like a d-pad. But if you can get used to moving diagonally with WASD, the rest of the controls set up pretty well.

And it's not the end of the world if you fall off the edge of the... errr, well technically it is the end of the world but...
(07-19-2012, 02:19 AM)DeeBye Wrote: The last SimCity game I actually enjoyed was SimCity 2000. How does SimCity 4 fare?

In all honesty, you're probably better off trying to get SC2K working on your system even if it requires voodoo and VMWare than buying 3K/4. Nothing about the later games in the series "clicked" for me in the same way that 2K did.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

I was not a fan of SC3k but did get a kick out of SC4. You can do some neat stuff with regions and the transportation expansion fixed some of the traffic annoyances of the base game. You'll definitely get your $5 worth.

...assuming you actually get around to playing it.
(07-18-2012, 09:24 PM)Treesh Wrote: I was doing so well. Been looking at the sales out of curiosity, but didn't feel the need to buy any. Then I noticed the 4 Assassin Creed games for only about $35. Crap. >.< Ah well. Could have been worse. =) Damn you Steam!

Was Assassin's Creed Kinect among them?

Big Grin
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.