Undocumented 1.9 Changes
Mirajj,Jan 5 2006, 01:55 PM Wrote:They took the uberfugly blanket off the rears of the NE mounts. ;)
[right][snapback]98773[/snapback][/right]
And yet, the night elves still don't sit properly in the saddle. The ugly blankets bothered me less than the fact that my character doesn't know how to sit correctly!
Intolerant monkey.
I didn't see it in the patch notes, but then again I didn't read the whole thing. Apologies in advance if this is old news, but...

They've added a couple of collection quests to help with Timbermaw reputation. One involves collecting feathers from the Deadwood and the other involves gathering Spirit Beads from the Winterfall. The beads give 50 rep per hand in of five and seem to drop pretty frequently. I don't know about the feathers. :)

Also of note, the quest to kill the Deadwood leader (I can't remember his name) seems to have been removed.

I also had a totem of some sort drop off the winterfall timbermaws. It's a quest item that you hand in to someone inside the hold. Unfortunately I don't have the required rep to hand it in, so I'm not sure where the quest line goes. Again, this could be old news since I've never really farmed the Winterfall timbermaw.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Jan 5 2006, 02:44 PM Wrote:They've added a couple of collection quests to help with Timbermaw reputation. One involves collecting feathers from the Deadwood and the other involves gathering Spirit Beads from the Winterfall. The beads give 50 rep per hand in of five and seem to drop pretty frequently. I don't know about the feathers. :)

Also of note, the quest to kill the Deadwood leader (I can't remember his name) seems to have been removed.

The quest was for Overlord Ror + assorted amount of other Deadwood Furlbogs.

The new repeatable quest is much nicer because you don't have to continually run back and forth between the extreme ends of Felwood. The feathers stack so you can amass a large quantity, then run up and turn them in 5 at a time one after the other.

I would assume that above friendly or honored the feathers stop working, and you have to move on to beads, since they both seem to have similar drop rates and they both are worth 50 rep per 5.

The bad news is that the Furlbogs are horrendously camped right now. Even at 3am server time there were 5 level 60s in Deadwood Village on Terenas. It probably doesn't help that they drop significant quantities of Mageweave... in high demand now that they added the 'farm the gate open' quests.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Chesspiece_face,Jan 4 2006, 06:15 PM Wrote:I just went through an UBRS run and had no issues with Polymorph at all.  could be that it's a bug and only happens in certian situations.  i'm not sure why they would make it so that only certain types of creatures spaz out when you poly them.
[right][snapback]98721[/snapback][/right]

In the recent 1.9 issues post, Caydiem positively identified this Polymorph issue as a bug, and confirmed that a fix is on the way.
Interspersed among the tips that show up on load screens are some joke ones like "A priest, a paladin, and Varimathras walk into a bar...". The best one is this one:

Tip: There is no secret cow level.

Does that mean that there's going to be a secret tauren level in the expansion?
MongoJerry,Jan 6 2006, 04:58 PM Wrote:Interspersed among the tips that show up on load screens are some joke ones like "A priest, a paladin, and Varimathras walk into a bar...".  The best one is this one:

Tip: There is no secret cow level.

Does that mean that there's going to be a secret tauren level in the expansion?
[right][snapback]98810[/snapback][/right]

There must be a secret cow level if they're denying it...
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
There is an official WoW boards post, including a blue post that implies the validity of the statements in the thread, that says +x/5 second mana items now have had their bonus divided out so that it is included in your every 2 seconds normal mana regen. Initial kneejerk reactions went something like "Oh noes, now /5 mana regen items are affected by the 6 second rule!" This turns out to be false. If you are wearing a +8 mana/5 seconds item and no other /5 seconds items, for the 6 seconds after you cast a spell your mana regen will be (8/5)*2 = 3.2 mana every 2 seconds.
Concillian,Jan 5 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:The quest was for Overlord Ror + assorted amount of other Deadwood Furlbogs.

The new repeatable quest is much nicer because you don't have to continually run back and forth between the extreme ends of Felwood.  The feathers stack so you can amass a large quantity, then run up and turn them in 5 at a time one after the other.

I would assume that above friendly or honored the feathers stop working, and you have to move on to beads, since they both seem to have similar drop rates and they both are worth 50 rep per 5.

The bad news is that the Furlbogs are horrendously camped right now.  Even at 3am server time there were 5 level 60s in Deadwood Village on Terenas.  It probably doesn't help that they drop significant quantities of Mageweave... in high demand now that they added the 'farm the gate open' quests.
[right][snapback]98800[/snapback][/right]
Just so everyone knows, currently rep is broken. There is a HUGE radius where everyone in a raid gets rep. The size is approximately from the northern Felwood village to the western village in Winterspring. I was in a raid yesterday that got up to 30 people. I went from unfriendly to half way through friendly in about 4 hours or so. :lol:

The Deadwood totem apparently has a nice reward of 2 major healing and 2 major mana potions, or something like that, but it is not repeatable. No idea what the rep reward is.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
apparently the gnolls in the cave south of Frostwolf Village in AV are now a bit harder to kill, drop less silver and no more runecloth :)

might keep some farmers out of the BG

take care
NuurAbSaal
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Despite what is said in the patch notes, Sword spec is NOT proc'ing on special attacks:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...ugs&T=95735&P=1

Caydiem:
Quote: This change was pushed to a future patch, but was unfortunately kept in the patch notes. Our apologies for the confusion

The interesting thing is people are reporting that before the patch sword spec DID work on special attacks, and that no change was necessary at all, and what has happened is actually a nerf.

I never had sword spec, but there is a lot of drama over it right now. Apparently Hand of Justice (2% proc rate) is proccing overall more often than sword spec (5% proc rate) in some cases because the trinket works on specials but sword spec does not.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Raelynn,Jan 6 2006, 09:47 AM Wrote:The Deadwood totem apparently has a nice reward of 2 major healing and 2 major mana potions, or something like that, but it is not repeatable.  No idea what the rep reward is.
[right][snapback]98819[/snapback][/right]
Deadwood is two and two and 150 rep and something like 85 silver. The winterfall totem quest is three major heals and three major manas, 150 rep and 1 gold some-odd silver.
Intolerant monkey.
Concillian,Jan 6 2006, 11:22 AM Wrote:I never had sword spec, but there is a lot of drama over it right now.  Apparently Hand of Justice (2% proc rate) is proccing overall more often than sword spec (5% proc rate) in some cases because the trinket works on specials but sword spec does not.
[right][snapback]98823[/snapback][/right]
Blizzard didn't even properly understand what the bug was.

The bug before was that, when special attacks procced Sword Spec, it reset the attack timer. Thus it wasn't really an "extra attack", it was more like "your next attack is sooner". The bug now is that special attacks don't proc Sword Spec at all.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
A couple of amusing BG bugs have popped up.

Level 60s have been reported in low level (ie. 20-29) battlegrounds. Aparently this was fixed with the recent restart. Didn't get to experience this myself, but I'm sure someone has some cool screenshots of it. :)

I was in an AB where the alliance had 16 people. Don't know if it was a reporting error on the scoreboard or if there were actually 16 toons in the BG.

The deserter debuff if being applied all over the place. You get it if you are queued for two battlegrounds and switch from one to another. You also get it if you're disconnected while inside a battleground. Not a game breaker, but it's kind of funny to see all these "deserters" inside battlegrounds. :D

Also, the mini battlemap is broken again, and the old method of changing the .lua file to fix it doesn't seem to work any more. (I'm a little anoyed with this, and would appreciate any help I can get on it.)

A couple of old fear bugs have popped up again. The sitting and standing bug is there, as well as one where no matter what movement key you press you just spin in a circle. Not much fun at all, but probably pretty funny to watch. :wacko:
I hate flags

Watto44,Jan 6 2006, 04:19 PM Wrote:The deserter debuff if being applied all over the place. You get it if you are queued for two battlegrounds and switch from one to another.

We were switching battlegrounds yesterday and this did not occur. If it was broken, it's fixed now.

Quote:You also get it if you're disconnected while inside a battleground. Not a game breaker, but it's kind of funny to see all these "deserters" inside battlegrounds.  :D

Yeah, we saw that last night.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I wanted to add this information for what is known and plans to be changed:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post6540451

One thing that Treesh noticed is on this list:

Quote:The Silithus quest "The Twilight Lexicon" cannot currently be completed, as Chapter 2 will not drop from the appropriate NPC. This issue is known and will be fixed in an upcoming small patch.

other things noted in the Blizz thread that were also mentioned here:
Quote:Currently, creatures who are polymorphed wander in a much larger radius than is intended. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

The Fishing profession is currently levelling up far more slowly than is intended. This issue is known and is in the process of being hotfixed.

Warriors and Druids with Feral Charge can become desynced from the server when charging a monster in water from dry land. This issue is known and will be fixed in an upcoming small patch.

Currently, you can receive the Deserter debuff under certain conditions (such as relogging while dead) that should not debuff your character. These issues are known and in the process of being researched. We will fix these situations as soon as feasibly possible.

Random Targets for Boss Spells in Zul'Gurub - Venoxis and Hakkar should now be targetting players properly with their abilities.

Gurubashi Berserkers in Zul'Gurub Cause Disconnects - The Berserkers should no longer cause issues.

Raelynn,Jan 6 2006, 07:47 AM Wrote:Just so everyone knows, currently rep is broken.  There is a HUGE radius where everyone in a raid gets rep.  The size is approximately from the northern Felwood village to the western village in Winterspring.  I was in a raid yesterday that got up to 30 people.  I went from unfriendly to half way through friendly in about 4 hours or so.  :lol:

It's worse than you think. You can be in Thunder Bluff and receive reputation credit for raid kills in both Winterspring and Silithus. I know this, because a guildie did it. I don't know if it works on the whole continent or if it's something special about Thunder Bluff or cities.

Quote:A couple of amusing BG bugs have popped up.

I understand that there's a problem with Mind Control in Arathi Basin. It's something about if you MC someone off a cliff and they would die, they just reappear where they were originally MC'd and don't die. I didn't get a chance to test this out, though, since I've been busy farming Silithus with the guild.
Raelynn,Jan 6 2006, 06:47 AM Wrote:Just so everyone knows, currently rep is broken.  There is a HUGE radius where everyone in a raid gets rep.  The size is approximately from the northern Felwood village to the western village in Winterspring.  I was in a raid yesterday that got up to 30 people.  I went from unfriendly to half way through friendly in about 4 hours or so.  :lol:
[right][snapback]98819[/snapback][/right]

I think rep got stealth fixed at some point--while you do continue to get rep for kills made by your raid without damaging things yourself (finally) there now appears to be a sane range limit now, about as far as you can see mobs (100yds if i had to guess)

-- frink
Scholomance has been nerfed. Again. Rooms are half empty.

I'm not as sure about this one, but LBRS seemed like it had a few parts that were sparse on mobs.
vor_lord,Jan 7 2006, 05:54 AM Wrote:Scholomance has been nerfed.  Again.  Rooms are half empty.

I'm not as sure about this one, but LBRS seemed like it had a few parts that were sparse on mobs.
[right][snapback]98855[/snapback][/right]

I was in Scholo on Thursday morning and it seemed much the same.
Tal,Jan 7 2006, 08:12 AM Wrote:I was in Scholo on Thursday morning and it seemed much the same.
[right][snapback]98861[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm. Ras's room was nearly empty, and some of the 6 rooms around Gandling also were much easier. The room with the viewing room door was less packed also. It wasn't just a vague feeling, there were several of us who commented on it.

I'm hardly a Scholo expert, but I was there just a couple of weeks ago, and it was easier this time. Anyone else who was there want to back me up and tell me we weren't dreaming it :o?