Undocumented 1.9 Changes
Get to work, Lurkers. I know we've got quite a few people in here who have spotted changes, be them major or cosmetic, which didn't make it into the patch notes.

Druids in Moonkin form now have the sound sets of moonkin mobs when attacking and taking damage.
Hakkar will now use Corrupted Blood randomly on the raid, and his Sons will not have a 100% chance to leave a poison cloud. (arguably a bug)
Guards in towns such as Booty Bay now have nets to capture fleeing attackers.
See you in Town,
-Z
Reports say that Polymorph has taken a massive PvE nerf. Now, when polymorphed, a sheep will immediately take off, wandering at moderate speed across an enormous area. Chances are high that the sheep will be in some other pull by the time you get to it, guaranteeing adds.

Poly just became an auto-healing Fear in instances. Win.
It's not a bug, it's a feature?

Seriously, there's obviously a SEVERE bug in the in-game mail system since the patching:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...95049#Post95049

Quote:We are aware of an issue with the mail system that is causing difficulty for players who bought or sold items on an auction house before the patch. If you have received items in your mailbox from auction sales or bids, icons may not appear properly. One possible resolution to this is to log out of the game and log back in and individual icons should appear. If you have multiple items in the mailbox, you may need to go through this process of relogging repeatedly for individual mail items to appear properly.

Player however report that the issue is much more severe than the above official statement suggests. So, a player reports that he/she has allegedly lost 800 gold when clicking the mail attachment. The mail was gone and no money on the account either. Other items too seem to vanish.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I knew I should have cleared my mailbox , some time back with a big patch the mail cocked up and I lost items . On one char alone last night I must have in the region of 50 greens on the AH or in my mail , oh joy :(
Take care
I had a bunch of expired/successful auctions in my mail from before the patch. When I opened a mail, the statement was blank and there was no attatchment (even though it said there was gold/an item in the main mail screen). The delete button was available as well, something that doesn't happen until you "download" the attatchment.

I logged out and checked again a few hours later and it seemed to be fixed- all my mail items were tagged "old auction mail" or something similar, there was no statement, and the attatchments were available.

Another undocumented change for warlocks is that Shadowburn now puts a 5(ish) second debuff on the target. If the target dies while the debuff is active, it yields a soul shard (instead of Shadowburn needing to be the killing blow). It is incredibly convenient. :) There is some sort of bug with Shadowburn though- there were numerous times last night where it didn't cost me a shard to use it. I didn't get a chance to test much as I noticed it right before I logged for the night. It could be related to the new shard bag as well.
At the moment, we have MEGA latency problems and server-downs on the EU servers after the patch 1.9. Is it as bad in the U.S.?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Jan 4 2006, 09:20 AM Wrote:At the moment, we have MEGA latency problems and server-downs on the EU servers after the patch 1.9. Is it as bad in the U.S.?
[right][snapback]98667[/snapback][/right]
Kalimdor, but not the Eastern Kingdom crashed on our server.

You can now ride mounts inside UC.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Diminishing returns are back on the Infernal and Doomguard, rendering them useless again. Fortunately though, they got a 30% damage buff so they can put us out of our misery faster! :P
The error occurred on line -1.
Skin of Shadow now drops from living constructs in the Scholo basement.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
has anyone played a match of AB since the new patch against paladins that use concecration? there are a couple changes made to concecration that i've noticed while farming in SM. The illusions summoned by the phantoms used to be dismissed from concecration ticks and now they are only effected by the initial burst. I'm assuming this is because the change where the debuff icon is no longer shown on the mobs. I would think this would still be catagorized as an AOE dot but wasn't sure if the change would make that initial burst of concecration also disrupt flag caps.

In cosmetic changes: Consecration now shows the Holy Burst effect both when you first lay it down and also when the spell ends. took me awhile to figure out why 3 seconds after a fight would end i would see the Holy Bursts going off seemingly randomly.
DM is fully mountable now, as well.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Dozer,Jan 4 2006, 04:38 PM Wrote:DM is fully mountable now, as well.
[right][snapback]98697[/snapback][/right]

The entire DM area outside the instance? Or the actual instances are? :huh:
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Pulling a water mob from land seems to be about 50/50 in causing a minor de-sync

Charging underwater is almost guaranteed a significant de-sync

Retaliation has a visual change to be VERY OBVIOUS, alerting any intelligent attackers to stop attacking.

read in the warrior forum, but have not confirmed that cooldown on weapon switch is gone. People are reportedly able to swap, overpower, swap without waiting for cooldown.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Skandranon,Jan 4 2006, 03:34 AM Wrote:Reports say that Polymorph has taken a massive PvE nerf.  Now, when polymorphed, a sheep will immediately take off, wandering at moderate speed across an enormous area.  Chances are high that the sheep will be in some other pull by the time you get to it, guaranteeing adds.

Poly just became an auto-healing Fear in instances.  Win.
[right][snapback]98658[/snapback][/right]
Ugh. I thought you were joking at first - and when I tested it out on a boar outside of Ironforge it seemed the same as always. On devilsaurs however, they run around like fiends.. as if devilsaurs aren't hard enough anyway.

I can understand the old polymorph nerfs, but why the hell would they do this?
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Jan 4 2006, 06:05 PM Wrote:Ugh. I thought you were joking at first - and when I tested it out on a boar outside of Ironforge it seemed the same as always. On devilsaurs however, they run around like fiends.. as if devilsaurs aren't hard enough anyway.

I can understand the old polymorph nerfs, but why the hell would they do this?
[right][snapback]98719[/snapback][/right]

I just went through an UBRS run and had no issues with Polymorph at all. could be that it's a bug and only happens in certian situations. i'm not sure why they would make it so that only certain types of creatures spaz out when you poly them.
In the ZG run we did last night I did not notice any strange Poly action. Also the zerkers did not crash anyone :).
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Zarathustra,Jan 4 2006, 01:22 AM Wrote:Get to work, Lurkers.  I know we've got quite a few people in here who have spotted changes, be them major or cosmetic, which didn't make it into the patch notes.

Druids in Moonkin form now have the sound sets of moonkin mobs when attacking and taking damage.
Hakkar will now use Corrupted Blood randomly on the raid, and his Sons will not have a 100% chance to leave a poison cloud. (arguably a bug)
Guards in towns such as Booty Bay now have nets to capture fleeing attackers.
[right][snapback]98654[/snapback][/right]

They fixed mind flay so that it only gets one proc off of Judgement of Wisdom :( No more free spells!
Not undocumented, but nevertheless of such great importance that these changes should be mentioned:

Quote:Druids

- Cure Poison - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
- Remove Curse - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
- Abolish Poison - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.

Mages

- Remove Lesser Curse - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base
  mana.

Paladins

- Purify - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
- Cleanse - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.

Priests

- Dispel Magic - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
- Cure Disease - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
- Abolish Disease - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.

Shaman

- Purge - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
- Cure Poison - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
- Cure Disease - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
- Poison Cleansing Totem - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base
  mana.
- Disease Cleansing Totem - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base
  mana.

Yesterday, we had a wipe at Lucifron during our first post-patch MC run, which NEVER happened before as our healers were always be able to remove curses in time. That was not the case yesterday, so be careful now when engaging bosses with heavy curses/diseases/poisons/magic because unsuspected 40-people wipes - when your healers are suddenly running out of Mana - aren't exactly funny :)

Tyr's hand mobs have been upgraded , now seem to do up to about double damage , also heard that the spellcasters spam like crazy .

Hey , lets be careful out there .
Take care
They took the uberfugly blanket off the rears of the NE mounts. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~