Undocumented 1.9 Changes
3 for paladins, which might count as "underdocumented" rather than "undocumented":

- the attack power bonus for Seal of the Crusader has been increased (from 180 to 345 at maximum rank).

- Divine Favor now lasts until the next heal is cast instead of timing out in a few seconds.

- The Divine Intervention effect now lasts 3 minutes instead of 30 seconds.

RTM,Jan 4 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:Another undocumented change for warlocks is that Shadowburn now puts a 5(ish) second debuff on the target. If the target dies while the debuff is active, it yields a soul shard (instead of Shadowburn needing to be the killing blow). It is incredibly convenient. :) There is some sort of bug with Shadowburn though- there were numerous times last night where it didn't cost me a shard to use it. I didn't get a chance to test much as I noticed it right before I logged for the night. It could be related to the new shard bag as well.
[right][snapback]98664[/snapback][/right]

A small thing to add here, I noticed that when it gets resisted it doesn't use a shard, that may be what you are seeing. I dont use soulshard bags, so I cant comment on that, but if these are really features, the spell has been improved tons.
Not a change, but pretty disappointing: the new castering ring reward from Alterac Valley is only usable by priests, mages and warlocks. :( It would have been a handy ring for my druid to have in AV (where all he does is root-nuke-heal) particularly since nature resist is going to start piling up after AQ opens.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
vor_lord,Jan 7 2006, 10:13 AM Wrote:Hmmm.  Ras's room was nearly empty, and some of the 6 rooms around Gandling also were much easier.  The room with the viewing room door was less packed also.  It wasn't just a vague feeling, there were several of us who commented on it.

It's been that way for a couple of months now, although I haven't been their since the patch to see if it's been nerfed even harder. I can't imagine that they could nerf the boss areas much harder, though. They'd have to remove all mobs entirely for that to happen.
MongoJerry,Jan 7 2006, 05:50 PM Wrote:It's been that way for a couple of months now, although I haven't been their since the patch to see if it's been nerfed even harder.  I can't imagine that they could nerf the boss areas much harder, though.  They'd have to remove all mobs entirely for that to happen.
[right][snapback]98881[/snapback][/right]

Ras's room was nerfed to 2 pulls back in... I want to say 1.7? All patrols were also removed. Was there only one pull when you were there?
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Jan 7 2006, 05:00 PM Wrote:Ras's room was nerfed to 2 pulls back in... I want to say 1.7?  All patrols were also removed.  Was there only one pull when you were there?
[right][snapback]98882[/snapback][/right]

There were two. But I haven't been to Scholo prior to 1.7 at all (minus a trip back in March that I don't remember clearly), and I remember there being more.

It may have been about 2 months ago like MJ suggests.
Watto44,Jan 7 2006, 08:19 AM Wrote:Also, the mini battlemap is broken again, and the old method of changing the .lua file to fix it doesn't seem to work any more. (I'm a little anoyed with this, and would appreciate any help I can get on it.)
[right][snapback]98829[/snapback][/right]

My mistake here. It's the same old tital bar issue, but I wasn't fixing it properly. :whistling:

Watto44,Jan 7 2006, 08:19 AM Wrote:A couple of old fear bugs have popped up again. The sitting and standing bug is there, as well as one where no matter what movement key you press you just spin in a circle. Not much fun at all, but probably pretty funny to watch.  :wacko:
[right][snapback]98829[/snapback][/right]

Ok, apparently these things aren't related to fear so much as they're issues with battlestandards. I'm not sure if this has been addressed in the various restarts, but standards were causing some very strange bugs. One was the spinning bug, which was triggered by being stunned near a standard.

But the worst one was casued by dying while affected by a standard. This caused you to become permastunned upon resurection. Several members of stormscale's "pro pug" team got three day suspensions because they were reported for trading games as a result of this. An understandable assumption, given that they were stunned in the graveyard, not doing anything, but pretty poor of blizzard to ban them for this. (I've run many an instance with these guys, and have never seen any evidence of game trading from them.) Fortunately the next high warlord wasn't one of them, but the penultimate one was - which is a great shame since he's been working hard on it for a long time, and a three day suspension will set him back quite a lot.

Just a heads up to the bg pvpers out there: don't use your standards until we get confirmation that this has been fixed!
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Zarathustra,Jan 4 2006, 02:22 AM Wrote:Get to work, Lurkers.  I know we've got quite a few people in here who have spotted changes, be them major or cosmetic, which didn't make it into the patch notes.

Druids in Moonkin form now have the sound sets of moonkin mobs when attacking and taking damage.
Hakkar will now use Corrupted Blood randomly on the raid, and his Sons will not have a 100% chance to leave a poison cloud. (arguably a bug)
Guards in towns such as Booty Bay now have nets to capture fleeing attackers.
[right][snapback]98654[/snapback][/right]

You can now ride a mount while disguised using cooked deviate fish. You cannot, however, ride a mount using the noggenfogger elixer skeleton costume.

My Orc Male Shaman looks awesome riding around as a Human Female Pirate on a Frost Wolf. This is the closest I'll ever get to having my Paladin ride a wolf. :)

This goes for any mount, including bats and gryphons. It's nice not having to dismiss the costume because you want to move faster...
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Found a change for the better, but not to game play. They changed where some info is stored. Some toon specific files like chat-cache.txt and layout-cache.txt used to be stored in WTF\Account\<account name>\<toon name>. That used to cause problems if you had the same toon name on different servers. If you moved things around or messed with channels on one server, it would do the same on the other server for that toon name. They are now in WTF\Account\<account name>\<server name>\<toon name> so there is no cross over. Of course, they did this in the patch that came 3 days after I deleted one of my toons, with a duplicate name, because this annoyed me so much. :wacko:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Yes, it's pretty much fixed to do so, but one of the major dps warriors in my guild was reporting that swapping was causing his swing timer(s) to reset, which actually reduced his damage output while swapping. Whether this is an intentional fix or a bug I do not know.

Also supposedly some mobs in UBRS were unintentionally changed. Not sure how many or exactly which, but I know I've heard a lot of hunters say you can not trap dragonkin now.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
I think they "Fixed" Advanded Targeting Dummies.

As an Engineer, I've always made Advanced Targeting Dummies to farm Fused Wiring off of to make more useful stuff, like repair bots. Last night I used my bot, and this morning whipped out my stack of Targeting Dummies to get a wiring to make a replacement. WIth the 5 I had, and the 6 others I made from the parts they dropped and a few other parts I made, I got 0 (zero) wires in 11 attempts. I usually get about 1 in 3 or 4.

If fused wiring no longer drops off of other Engineering devices when theyn blow up, the price of poker just went way up.

Not conclusive, but disturbing. If anyone can get some to drop off a spent Engineering device, Please tell me.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
vor_lord,Jan 7 2006, 12:13 PM Wrote:Hmmm.&nbsp; Ras's room was nearly empty, and some of the 6 rooms around Gandling also were much easier.&nbsp; The room with the viewing room door was less packed also.&nbsp; It wasn't just a vague feeling, there were several of us who commented on it.

I'm hardly a Scholo expert, but I was there just a couple of weeks ago, and it was easier this time.&nbsp; Anyone else who was there want to back me up and tell me we weren't dreaming it :o?
[right][snapback]98864[/snapback][/right]

I've been running Scholo on all three of my 60s for quite awhile now and those changes have been in place since about 1.7.
Zarathustra,Jan 3 2006, 11:22 PM Wrote:Get to work, Lurkers.&nbsp; I know we've got quite a few people in here who have spotted changes, be them major or cosmetic, which didn't make it into the patch notes.

Druids in Moonkin form now have the sound sets of moonkin mobs when attacking and taking damage.
Hakkar will now use Corrupted Blood randomly on the raid, and his Sons will not have a 100% chance to leave a poison cloud. (arguably a bug)
Guards in towns such as Booty Bay now have nets to capture fleeing attackers.
[right][snapback]98654[/snapback][/right]

Warlocks can't use /script PetAbandon() to rename their pets anymore... :(
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
NuurAbSaal,Jan 6 2006, 07:16 AM Wrote:apparently the gnolls in the cave south of Frostwolf Village in AV are now a bit harder to kill, drop less silver and no more runecloth :)

might keep some farmers out of the BG
take care
NuurAbSaal
[right][snapback]98821[/snapback][/right]

/cheer

I'd heard that, when some people were dissappointed when they went there for War Effort runecloth. Also, the number of leachers seems to be down. I don't know if Blizzard is enforcing it more, or everybody with a proclivity for that reprehensible activity already has hit revered.
You no longer need to have a profession in order to turn in its top-end item at the Darkmoon Faire. This means you could buy a ton of dense grinding stones, rugged armor kits, etc., and go get your tickets.
See you in Town,
-Z
I haven't check this myself, but apparently druids are now getting the benefit from +mana/5 while in forms, which would be nice. Will do some checks myself when I log on and see.

Also last nights mini patch (1.9.1) removed a bug with Heart of the Wild where you could heal a small amount by shifting into bear form. Personally I didn't find it that useful (although it did have its moments) but I can imagine that might have been different if I had the rune of metamorphosis. :)
I hate flags

Noted change to priest shields from 1.9, found on the official WoW boards:

Linky.
Derek,Jan 7 2006, 10:20 AM Wrote:3 for paladins, which might count as "underdocumented" rather than "undocumented":

- the attack power bonus for Seal of the Crusader has been increased (from 180 to 345 at maximum rank).

- Divine Favor now lasts until the next heal is cast instead of timing out in a few seconds.

- The Divine Intervention effect now lasts 3 minutes instead of 30 seconds.
[right][snapback]98871[/snapback][/right]

BoProtection has a nice, bright "DISPELL ME" effect to match BoFreedom's.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Watto44,Jan 10 2006, 03:31 PM Wrote:Also last nights mini patch (1.9.1) removed a bug with Heart of the Wild where you could heal a small amount by shifting into bear form. Personally I didn't find it that useful (although it did have its moments) but I can imagine that might have been different if I had the rune of metamorphosis. :)

Imagine a Warsong Gulch match where a druid flag carrier can heal himself or herself for 1,000 health a second for no mana cost. Ouch.
Don't know if that really belongs here, but here goes anyway; three tips are confusing me a bit:

1. There is no cow level. Ooookay, I know where that comes from..

2. Goes a gnome to the first aid trainer.. Huh?!?

3. A priest, a paladin and Varimathras walk into a bar... Ahm, yes.

;)

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!