Undocumented 1.9 Changes

the nerf of +spell damage on green onehanders has been documented, but also nerfed is green +spell damage wands. My pre-1.9 "dragon finger of shadow wrath" has +20 shadow, they now drop with +11.

Unlike the change to onehanders, this affects end-game equipment; most damage flavors have no wand currently dropping that does better +spell than a pre-1.9 green wand over about level 40.

-- frink

edit: remove irrelevant quote
Arnulf,Jan 19 2006, 07:51 AM Wrote:2. Goes a gnome to the first aid trainer..  Huh?!?
[right][snapback]99638[/snapback][/right]
Gnomes are the only race in WoW that can't be a healing class - no druids, no priests, no paladins, no shaman, no healers at all. They heal others by bandage. ;)

Edit: Silly fingers. I only wanted one quote, not two.
Intolerant monkey.
Shield block is bugged to block ALL incoming attacks for the entire duration:

This is an extreme example of what can happen (he has ~180ish block value + an item or two that proc healing effects)
http://files.filefront.com/Learn2Block_LBR...;/fileinfo.html

Oh and unrealated to 1.9, but there was a blue post that they intend to nerf Green Whelp armor in 1.10 so that the proc doesn't affect anyone over level 50. Don't have the link to the post right now.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Jan 19 2006, 02:08 PM Wrote:Oh and unrealated to 1.9, but there was a blue post that they intend to nerf Green Whelp armor in 1.10 so that the proc doesn't affect anyone over level 50.  Don't have the link to the post right now.
[right][snapback]99668[/snapback][/right]
It also is dropping the effect time to only 10 seconds.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Oh, another one:

The game correctly checks the number of a unique(n) item when doing buyback from a vendor, instead of just checking that you can pick up at least one and letting you buyback a stack.

1.8 it was possible to carry a stack minus one extra of these items purchased from a vendor (such as officer and battleground potions) by purchasing a full stack, selling it back to the vendor, purchasing the limit minus one, then buyback-ing the stack. This let you carry 9 each of the unique(5) combat mana potions.

-- frink
Professor Frink,Jan 19 2006, 06:50 AM Wrote:the nerf of +spell damage on green onehanders has been documented, but also nerfed is green +spell damage wands.  My pre-1.9 "dragon finger of shadow wrath" has +20 shadow, they now drop with +11.

Unlike the change to onehanders, this affects end-game equipment; most damage flavors have no wand currently dropping that does better +spell than a pre-1.9 green wand over about level 40.

-- frink

edit: remove irrelevant quote
[right][snapback]99644[/snapback][/right]

It's more items than that. I seem to remember Mish'Undare being +50 something healing and damage and now it's +35. Now, it isn't really better than a tier 2 helm from Onyxia except in the hands of a someone that is a crit spell freak or a Shadow Priest (Since Halo is +healing and not +damage/healing).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Jan 19 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:It's more items than that.  I seem to remember Mish'Undare being +50 something healing and damage and now it's +35.  Now, it isn't really better than a tier 2 helm from Onyxia except in the hands of a someone that is a crit spell freak or a Shadow Priest (Since Halo is +healing and not +damage/healing).
[right][snapback]99674[/snapback][/right]

I had one of the first Mish'undares on the server and it's always been +35.

The +2% crit is a bigger spell damage enhancer than it seems when you run the numbers: Mish is way better than a tier 2 helm, still.
Skandranon,Jan 19 2006, 02:34 PM Wrote:I had one of the first Mish'undares on the server and it's always been +35.

The +2% crit is a bigger spell damage enhancer than it seems when you run the numbers: Mish is way better than a tier 2 helm, still.
[right][snapback]99677[/snapback][/right]

*makes grabby motions at the Mish'undares*

--Shadow Priest
Catlyn,Jan 9 2006, 04:33 PM Wrote:I think they "Fixed" Advanded Targeting Dummies.

As an Engineer, I've always made Advanced Targeting Dummies to farm Fused Wiring
Not conclusive, but disturbing. If anyone can get some to drop off a spent Engineering device, Please tell me.
My engineer is lvl 27. Large amounts of iron and gold needed for the Advanced Target Dummies are out of his reach atm. I made the simple Target Dummies instead, since thottbot told me they can drop the wiring I need for the jumper cable. I may have been lucky, but I got 1 fused wiring out of 4 Target Dummies yesterday evening.

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
You now lose reputation with Cenarion Circle if you kill the Emissary stationed in Orgrimmar. You didn't used to. I guess the CC finally cares about their emissary, instead of just sending him off to Orgrimmar without any care if he ever returns or if anything bad happens to him.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*