Why does my local Dominoes suck so bad?
Minionman,Oct 14 2005, 02:22 AM Wrote:Beer does smell pretty nasty, plus I like to stay as much under control as possible, so I'll stick to sprite and such.
[right][snapback]92030[/snapback][/right]

I hate beer too. (Sorry Occhi.) If I wanted yeast, I'd bake bread.

Malt beverages aren't all that bad, if you're looking for a lemonade or Sprite with a kick. Mike's, Bacardi, Seagram's, and a few other companies make what is essentially carbonated wine coolers.

Or, if you want to go the cheap route, get some DeKyuper's Pucker and mix it with Sprite. (NOTE: You must be 21 or older to access the site, per their rules.) I prefer the raspberry, but they make lots of other flavors. It adds a fruity tang, a bit of alcoholic zip, and you'd have to drink at least four of 'em to even think about being wobbly.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Minionman,Oct 13 2005, 09:22 PM Wrote:Beer does smell pretty nasty, plus I like to stay as much under control as possible, so I'll stick to sprite and such.
[right][snapback]92030[/snapback][/right]
Smell? Have you ever tastedthe divine nectar? Judging by your response, most certainly not dear sir!

There is nothing better than a nice light summer brew at a backyard BBQ in the summer, nor anything better than a heavy hopps fall brew while watching the leaves fall in autumn, nor anything better than a dark lager on a cold snowy evening, nor anything better than a few beers amongst friends while waiting out the spring showers. Perhaps it is better said that in general, there is nothing quite like a nicely brewed beer in a tall cold glass.

Not even the divine taste of a cold fountain drink of Dr. Pepper can compare!

Cheers,

Munk
Count Duckula,Oct 13 2005, 09:36 PM Wrote:Malt beverages aren't all that bad...

For a moment there Duckula I thought you were about to talk about the fabled "40oz" malt beer. To which I was about to raise the cry against said abominations! Down with Colt 45's

As for malt beverage drinks like Bacardi and Mike's, nothing turns my stomach over more than one of those sugar saturated drinks. Half of one and my stomach is upset for the rest of the night.

But they most certainly have their own place, if it wasn't for those drinks summer BBQ's would not be nearly as good for the non-beer drinking crowd.

Cheers,

Munk
Count Duckula,Oct 13 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:I hate beer too. (Sorry Occhi.) If I wanted yeast, I'd bake bread.

Malt beverages aren't all that bad, if you're looking for a lemonade or Sprite with a kick. Mike's, Bacardi, Seagram's, and a few other companies make what is essentially carbonated wine coolers.

Or, if you want to go the cheap route, get some DeKyuper's Pucker and mix it with Sprite. (NOTE: You must be 21 or older to access the site, per their rules.) I prefer the raspberry, but they make lots of other flavors. It adds a fruity tang, a bit of alcoholic zip, and you'd have to drink at least four of 'em to even think about being wobbly.
[right][snapback]92031[/snapback][/right]

No need to apologize for not liking beer, dearest Duck, 'tis an acquired taste. Lemonade and grain are a fine choice, cranberry juice, ice, vodka, mint leaves likewise refreshing, and of course, there is always wine.

Of course, for the real cheap brain cell death, there is Mountain Dew, Grain Alcohol, and ice, in a blender. Add a few twists of lime, and on a hot day . . . oblivion.

Then
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
All this talk of alcohol... SHEESH.

Beer is all fine and wonderful, but not most American beers. Yuck. Stouts, ales, etc, all good. But not Near Frozen Gnat's Urine. I would eagerly run past a truck full of beer for a thimbleful of good cider though. There is NOTHING like a good hard cider. Sweet, tart, and potent. I remember fondly sitting down with a gallon jug of hard cider and drinking my self STOOPID. I'd guzzle a whole milk jug full.

For harder stuff, it was a nice martini. Or a Tall Dark Stranger. Rum, coke, and chocolate liquor.

I avoid booze now. Stuff was killing me. Although people say I am a terrible asshole now that I am sober.

My herbal brew that I drink to keep my self in good health is somewhat intoxicating. But that can't be helped.

Oh. In my drinking days, I was known for drinking entirely to much mead. Mead hangovers were the worst of them all. After every mead bender I swore I would never, ever, do that again.

Er, well, now at least, I am keeping that promise.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."