Onyxia.
Savingsupertokyo,Sep 23 2005, 12:58 PM Wrote:horde has more ways to deal with fear than alliance, correct.

but the only person(s) you want resisting fear in the onyxia fight is the MT and MT healers.  and maybe not even the healers. 

if you use WotF to pop out of fear early she'll turn and smoke you.  as for being the tank and having totems around you, grounding totem is woefully ineffective in eating fear.  tremor totem doesn't wake you quickly enough from fear and the fact that it might wake someone else early is enough to not use it at all.  its all about strength of earth and fire resist totems.

my comment was saying how nice it is to have fear ward you can put on your main tank.  my guild would absolutely kill to be able to kidnap a dwarven priest and force them to play with us.

and snarkiness is ok.  there are fights that go easier for alliance and fights that go easier for horde.
[right][snapback]90012[/snapback][/right]

And we have killed her alliance side without fear ward. It's actually good to have more than one tank resist the fear to keep her in place and that can be done with stance dancing, most of the time. She fears faster when less damage is on her and she can fear more than once every 30 seconds so you can't stance dance all the fears. Fear ward helps but I would much rather have some of the horde options that are always available than have your best option force a player into a certain race for their class. I'm not talking WotF. Waking someone up early is not bad. Ony will chase feared people and eat them or breathe on half the raid because she moved. Getting any of the tanks back up to keep her in place or turn her correctly is a valuable thing in the new encounter set up now that you can't OOC rez in there in phase 3 like you could before.

Onyxia only goes easier for alliance when you have a dwarven priest and you don't always have one, in that case I give edge to the horde.

Though paladins make MC easier in general for alliance in my opinion.

Snarkiness is bad when it is used in a way that belittles an accomplishment.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Sep 23 2005, 01:00 PM Wrote:Waking someone up early is not bad. 
[right][snapback]90028[/snapback][/right]

im not so sure this is correct. it SEEMS to me that those that resist fear become her next tasty snack and those that use a trinket/racial/talent to break fear early become her tastsy snacks also.

i kicked myself that time i saw her turn to my side, start to flame breath and I popped iceblock. then she turned back to the tank and feared before i could get out of iceblock. then the @#$% turned right to me and wiped out what was left of my side with a flamebreath. maybe it was just bad luck, but i was no where near the top of our synchronized damage meter. only thing i could attribute it to was avoiding her fear and making her angry.

was not a fun night.
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
Savingsupertokyo,Sep 23 2005, 03:21 PM Wrote:im not so sure this is correct.  it SEEMS to me that those that resist fear become her next tasty snack and those that use a trinket/racial/talent to break fear early become her tastsy snacks also.
[right][snapback]90031[/snapback][/right]

I've seen those that resist fear get turned on instantly if the tank hasn't resisted/been immune.

I haven't, however, seen anyone break fear and get turned on. I do it all the time with the PvP trinket.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Sep 23 2005, 04:06 PM Wrote:I've seen those that resist fear get turned on instantly if the tank hasn't resisted/been immune.

I haven't, however, seen anyone break fear and get turned on.  I do it all the time with the PvP trinket.
[right][snapback]90044[/snapback][/right]

I know in one of our attempts where I was not MT I stance danced and never got feared and I was the only person who wasn't feared (all the other warriors said they missed the dance) and even having built aggro the lizard turned and breathed towards a pack of people who were running around under the fear. Didn't turn back to me till I hit her with a Sunder, then Anadrol was out of fear and took her back.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.