The Corrupted Wish Game
Occhidiangela,Apr 27 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:I wish more people would register to vote.

Occhi
[right][snapback]75474[/snapback][/right]

Too easy, but I still can't resist.

Wish granted. 100% of the population registers to vote; unfortunately, the number of people who actually vote plummets to an all-time low.

I wish the music corporations would stop suing teenagers for downloading music and concentrate on signing bands with actual talent and passion for music.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Lady Vashj,Apr 27 2005, 08:32 AM Wrote:I wish I didn't have to take Biology over the summer (since I did PERFECTLY on the AP test).
[right][snapback]75381[/snapback][/right]

I can understand this. I'm taking an AP physics class this year, but I found out that I'll need physics C instead of B with what I'll be doing in college, and my school doesn't have it. I'll get an an easy 5 on the AP test, and it doesn't matter a bit. (the class is still good for the grade) I've already taken calculus, so I sometimes try figuring out equations with it for more fun.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
gekko,Apr 27 2005, 07:13 PM Wrote:I wish the music corporations would stop suing teenagers for downloading music and concentrate on signing bands with actual talent and passion for music.
[right][snapback]75476[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Unfortunately, its a type of music you hate.

I wish I was in Dixie, hooray, hooray. :P

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Apr 27 2005, 08:10 PM Wrote:I wish I was in Dixie, hooray, hooray.  :P
[right][snapback]75479[/snapback][/right]

Wish granted. In Dixie land you take your stand, then you live and die in Dixie. Sadly, you get buried in a dixie cup, since you burn with the rest of Atlanta when Sherman, Part Deux, arrives to set fire to Ted Turner and carelessly sets the rest of Greater Atlanta ablaze.

I wish Southwest Airlines would go back to reserving seats.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 28 2005, 06:33 AM Wrote:I wish Southwest Airlines would go back to reserving seats.
[right][snapback]75489[/snapback][/right]

Granted. They go back to reserving seats. The seats, however, can't stand the weight of Southwest Airlines and are broken. Unfortunately for you, you were close to one of those seats.

I wish that the computers around here weren't all broken.

~Lucky
~Lukki
Lucky Barbarian,Apr 28 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:I wish that the computers around here weren't all broken.

~Lucky
[right][snapback]75511[/snapback][/right]

Granted! All the computers myseriously rebuild themselves and are now thirsty for human blood, your blood!

I wish I could wish a wish that would be unable to create a corrupted wish with right now and not within years from now as well as the wish's actual happening be of close proximity (10 hours tops) to the hour and date of this post.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Apr 28 2005, 03:06 AM Wrote:I wish I could wish a wish that would be unable to create a corrupted wish with right now and not within years from now as well as the wish's actual happening be of close proximity (10 hours tops) to the hour and date of this post.
[right][snapback]75513[/snapback][/right]

Wish granted. Since a wish can't create a corrupted wish, the wish grantor does that, your wish is now corrupted and is about to turn into a newt. You can wish any wish you wish, but you must throw yourself upon the mercy of the grantor.

I wish I could run faster.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 28 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:I wish I could run faster.
[right][snapback]75524[/snapback][/right]

Granted, you can now run faster, in fact, you can run faster than any human being alive, heck, faster than anything known to man! Even faster from the speed of light, you start running and evaporate due to the high speed.

I wish yesterday was today as well
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Apr 28 2005, 07:28 AM Wrote:I wish yesterday was today as well
[right][snapback]75525[/snapback][/right]

Granted! We've created a duality in time. Yesterday will be repeated today, though the date will be today's. Given the repeating nature of yesterday, an infinite loop will be created. Sonny (sp?) and Cher will be singing "I Got You Babe" at 7 AM for ever (Groundhog Day).

I also wish I could have gotten here in time to answer this wish that TaiDaishar made:
TaiDaishar,Apr 28 2005, 04:06 AM Wrote:I wish I could wish a wish that would be unable to create a corrupted wish with right now and not within years from now as well as the wish's actual happening be of close proximity (10 hours tops) to the hour and date of this post.
[right][snapback]75513[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations, you've crafted the most convoluted wish ever, to the point that there is no way to corrupt its intent. You've stumped all the Lurkers and brought a screeching halt to this otherwise wildly popular thread.:angry: Way to go pal. :P

I wish that I could have my window office back.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jeunemaitre,Apr 28 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:I wish that I could have my window office back.
[right][snapback]75527[/snapback][/right]

Granted, a box appears infront of your door step and within it your Windows Office, it also contains a hive of pissed off drunken Africanized honey bees :lol:

I wish I could eat bread, bloody passover!
Quote:I wish I could eat bread, bloody passover!
Granted! You go to hell.

I wish I had more time in the day.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
NiteFox,Apr 28 2005, 03:21 PM Wrote:I wish I had more time in the day.
[right][snapback]75530[/snapback][/right]

Granted, you now have 1(one) full minute extra in a day, although that minute has caused havoc within the galaxy and now Earth is steadily moving toward the sun and will reach it today, ironically, it shall reach it at exactly 24:01.

I wish I could understand what hell has anything to do with bread! :P
TaiDaishar,Apr 28 2005, 07:27 AM Wrote:I wish I could understand what hell has anything to do with bread! :P
[right][snapback]75531[/snapback][/right]

Granted, understanding presented. Hell is the reward for viiolating a religious taboo, such as the eating constraints during Passover. Now that you know that, you seek out and break all religious taboos that you can find -- since yer going to hell anyway after that first breach -- to the point that you find an unfrocked rabbi willing to reverse a bris. You are welcome for the visual on that one. :blink:

I wish Allah would show up on the Al Jazeria network and admonish the radical Islamicists to take a serious chill pill if they want their virgins when they get to Paradise.

In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 28 2005, 08:52 AM Wrote:Granted, understanding presented.  Hell is the reward for viiolating a religious taboo, such as the eating constraints during Passover.  Now that you know that, you seek out and break all religious taboos that you can find -- since yer going to hell anyway after that first breach -- to the point that you find an unfrocked rabbi willing to reverse a bris.  You are welcome for the visual on that one.  :blink:

I wish Allah would show up on the Al Jazeria network and admonish the radical Islamicists to take a serious chill pill if they want their virgins when they get to Paradise.
[right][snapback]75533[/snapback][/right]

Occhi, I am sending you the repair bill!

Coffee BURNS!!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Occhidiangela,Apr 28 2005, 01:52 PM Wrote:I wish Allah would show up on the Al Jazeria network and admonish the radical Islamicists to take a serious chill pill if they want their virgins when they get to Paradise.
[right][snapback]75533[/snapback][/right]
Granted. Islam is now proven as the one true religion causing major strife in the world as representatives of the other religions realise that their lives have been nothing but a sham. Global jihad follows, punctuated by the simple fact that the countries that embrace the "wrong" religions are also the countries that have all the nukes.

I wish I knew exactly what to wish for now.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
NiteFox,Apr 28 2005, 09:00 AM Wrote:Global jihad follows, punctuated by the simple fact that the countries that embrace the "wrong" religions are also the countries that have all the nukes.

I wish I knew exactly what to wish for now.
[right][snapback]75541[/snapback][/right]

Lead boxer shorts? :blink:

Occhi

PS: Doc, sorry about that. :wub:
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 28 2005, 07:03 AM Wrote:Lead boxer shorts?  :blink:

Occhi

PS: Doc, sorry about that.  :wub:
[right][snapback]75542[/snapback][/right]

Chain broken.

I would wish for Occhi to be in the doghouse but he appears to have crawled in without assistance! :P
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Apr 28 2005, 08:04 AM Wrote:Chain broken.

I would wish for Occhi to be in the doghouse but he appears to have crawled in without assistance! :P
[right][snapback]75552[/snapback][/right]

EDIT: *jachs searches thread to find most recent ungranted wish. Joy of Joys! It happens to be mine! Muahahahahahaha!

"I wish my coworkers would quit bothering me with innane requests all the time."

Granted. My office has now been moved to the back corner of the dealership where nobody bothers me at all. Attitude improves drastically, productivity drops sharply.

I wish I had a Lingenfelter twin turbo Corvette.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Apr 28 2005, 10:10 AM Wrote:I wish I had a Lingenfelter twin turbo Corvette.
[right][snapback]75554[/snapback][/right]

Wish granted. In a space combat game, you get a free corvette spaceship called Lingegelter with twin turbo lasers.

I wish it wasn't so late in the day.

Minionman,Apr 28 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:I wish it wasn't so late in the day.
[right][snapback]75603[/snapback][/right]
Granted. It's now early tomorrow morning.

I wish that no one posts after this post.