Am I the oldest one here?
Last night NightSilver (NSD's roommate) and my toon, Loquita were partied together. We discovered that we live in the same city, Austin, Texas. He told me that he was 19. I told him that I'm 56. I wonder -- am I the oldest one in the Lurker Lounge?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Mar 11 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:Last night NightSilver (NSD's roommate) and my toon, Loquita were partied together.  We discovered that we live in the same city, Austin, Texas.  He told me that he was 19.  I told him that I'm 56.  I wonder -- am I the oldest one in the Lurker Lounge?
[right][snapback]70330[/snapback][/right]

I'm quite sure there are a few here who wish they were 56 again :)

Not many though, correct. Look through a few profiles, and you can find some with birthdays listed.
Alram,Mar 11 2005, 09:25 AM Wrote:Last night NightSilver (NSD's roommate) and my toon, Loquita were partied together.  We discovered that we live in the same city, Austin, Texas.  He told me that he was 19.  I told him that I'm 56.  I wonder -- am I the oldest one in the Lurker Lounge?

Nope. King Jim is 60ish, and Pete is 59. Not sure about LavCat . . . I feel like such a young spring chicken at 45! :D

Occhi

PS: Bun Bun is also an Austinite. :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I'm 19. To me age doesn't really matter when it comes to online gaming and such. As long as you act mature I really don't care. I have grown used to playing with people of all ages. I have played games such as CS:S with people from 7 years old all the way up to 57. Speaking of CS:S my team managed to make it to the playoffs in Cal-O! Not bad for our first season if I say so myself :P. Too bad we didn't do well enough to make it into Cal-M :(. Oh well, wish us luck for next season! B)
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Nomad25055,Mar 11 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:I'm 19. To me age doesn't really matter when it comes to online gaming and such. As long as you act mature I really don't care. I have grown used to playing with people of all ages. I have played games such as CS:S with people from 7 years old all the way up to 57. Speaking of CS:S my team managed to make it to the playoffs in Cal-O! Not bad for our first season if I say so myself :P. Too bad we didn't do well enough to make it into Cal-M :(. Oh well, wish us luck for next season! B)
[right][snapback]70335[/snapback][/right]

While I would say "as long as you act decently, welcome" I too have grown used to playing with people of all ages. I have to agree with you: how you conduct yourself is far more important than how many seasons you have seen.

Or, in my case, how many gray hairs you have grown.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Alram,Mar 11 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:Last night NightSilver (NSD's roommate) and my toon, Loquita were partied together.  We discovered that we live in the same city, Austin, Texas.  He told me that he was 19.  I told him that I'm 56.  I wonder -- am I the oldest one in the Lurker Lounge?

Lavcat, I think, is older than I am. I snagged the 'Old Battle Axe' title anyway. :P

And Doc claims to be an old man, but he has been coy about producing an actual number. ;)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Now...where's that old copy of the LL Breakdown when I need it... ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
ShadowHM,Mar 11 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:Lavcat, I think, is older than I am.  I snagged the 'Old Battle Axe'  title anyway.  :P

And Doc claims to be an old man, but he has been coy about producing an actual number.  ;)
[right][snapback]70340[/snapback][/right]
Although, Doc has intimated that he predates many new fangled modern contraptions.

Like the printing press. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Mirajj,Mar 11 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Now...where's that old copy of the LL Breakdown when I need it... ;)
[right][snapback]70342[/snapback][/right]

You mean something like this?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

kandrathe,Mar 11 2005, 11:48 AM Wrote:You mean something like this?
[right][snapback]70346[/snapback][/right]

Yep, something like that. *L* But that's an old, old version of the DSFB. I also had an LL specific one, that was a bit more 'trim', than that. It never saw the light of 'day' anywhere other than here, before a couple of forum resets and a hard drive corruption (thus did I learn to back up EVERYTHING) before dying. It's sure neat to see the old DSFB, though. Thanks!
Alram,Mar 11 2005, 05:25 PM Wrote:Last night NightSilver (NSD's roommate) and my toon, Loquita were partied together.  We discovered that we live in the same city, Austin, Texas.  He told me that he was 19.  I told him that I'm 56.  I wonder -- am I the oldest one in the Lurker Lounge?

Well, on the good side, you're not the oldest one here (Pete ~ Born in 11/1945), on the bad side, you're not given the oldest one here award :P

I looked over that breakdown and I find it quite odd that Bolty is not there!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Mar 11 2005, 11:56 AM Wrote:Well, on the good side, you're not the oldest one here (Pete ~ Born in 11/1945), on the bad side, you're not given the oldest one here award :P

I looked over that breakdown and I find it quite odd that Bolty is not there!
[right][snapback]70350[/snapback][/right]
Maybe he was a Lurker. :shuriken:

kandrathe,Mar 11 2005, 08:47 AM Wrote:Although, Doc has intimated that he predates many new fangled modern contraptions. 

Like the printing press.  :)
[right][snapback]70345[/snapback][/right]

That could also be a condition of geography and/or personal choice ;) .
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Mar 11 2005, 12:04 PM Wrote:That could also be a condition of geography and/or personal choice ;) .
[right][snapback]70353[/snapback][/right]

Personal choice, I believe. I never 'forced' anyone into giving any information, and if I found out that someone didn't want their info posted, and someone else had submitted it, it was taken down right away (Yes, that happened a few times). It was up several times, and I know that he had plenty of opportunity to see and reply to it, but never did. I never pushed the issue.
Alram,Mar 11 2005, 11:25 AM Wrote:Last night NightSilver (NSD's roommate) and my toon, Loquita were partied together.  We discovered that we live in the same city, Austin, Texas.  He told me that he was 19.  I told him that I'm 56.  I wonder -- am I the oldest one in the Lurker Lounge?

33 in October. :)
Mirajj,Mar 11 2005, 09:09 AM Wrote:Personal choice, I believe. I never 'forced' anyone into giving any information, and if I found out that someone didn't want their info posted, and someone else had submitted it, it was taken down right away (Yes, that happened a few times). It was up several times, and I know that he had plenty of opportunity to see and reply to it, but never did. I never pushed the issue.
[right][snapback]70354[/snapback][/right]

I didn't post in regards to the release of biographic info. My post refers to geographic position and the choice to partake in new fangled technologies, like the horseless carriage.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
What about this one? Here

Cheers :) ,

Munk
kandrathe,Mar 11 2005, 04:47 PM Wrote:Although, Doc has intimated that he predates many new fangled modern contraptions. 

Like the printing press.  :)
[right][snapback]70345[/snapback][/right]
and the wheel

*flees for his life*
Alram,Mar 11 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:Last night NightSilver (NSD's roommate) and my toon, Loquita were partied together.  We discovered that we live in the same city, Austin, Texas.  He told me that he was 19.  I told him that I'm 56.  I wonder -- am I the oldest one in the Lurker Lounge?

I'm 54 and I believe that Thenryb is a few years ahead of me. So you're not alone.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Tal,Mar 11 2005, 11:24 AM Wrote:33 in October. :)
[right][snapback]70357[/snapback][/right]

[nelson voice]
HA HA! You're old! :P
[/nelson voice]

Yep, I've got 10 days till 30. That makes me a little whippersnapper baby! :)

I've always enjoyed the fact that I'm a young Lurker while still being old enough to get most of the references made by both ends of the group. Though I am getting too old for some of the sub 20 references, and not old enough for some of the 45+ references (except via my parents). It seems I've always had a -10 to +15 reference window for personal experiences and understanding what people are talking about in most cases. I've wondered at times if that is a kind of standard window, or if it depends a lot on where and how you were raised, or if it shrinks or grows with age, or if really has no correlation to much of anything and each individual is an individual. :)

Just felt the need for a pointless ramble. I feel the few grey hairs in the beard entitle me to that. Of course since I've had those since I was 14 I'm probably abusing the privilege but I'm not going to let that stop me. If I let that happen I might start letting facts get in the way while I was trying to make a point! :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.