Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
How to access theamazonbasin.com right now:

go to your hosts file. it's in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

open it with notepad.

add the following line to the bottom:

208.109.106.110 www.theamazonbasin.com

save it, then close all web browsers.

you will now be able to access the site. when the IP address changes, you'll need to remove this line. what you're doing is telling your browser to not do a DNS lookup, and just use the specified IP instead.

REMEMBER TO REMOVE THIS WHEN EVERYTHING IS SORTED OUT!!
Thanks Dan:) Is it possible to access the wiki in a similar manner?
Quote:Thanks Dan:) Is it possible to access the wiki in a similar manner?
Yes. Add wiki.theamazonbasin.com to that same line as well.

Heather
I had the same experience last time - I was fine and it seemed like no one else was able to get on. Now I am out of luck with the rest of the folks. Say hi for us!
Ah well, guess I'll just keep on looking at teh pr0n. :o:P
US East Administrator on The Amazon Basin

[Image: mikeandroe.png]
*evil necro bump* :ph34r:

So - is it this time of the year again? I can not access the Basin at all, for several hours now. :(

*twitch*
I need my PR&SLT kick! :lol:

ergates
Well, hello, everyone--here we are again! Basin forums are down, TeamSpeak is down. Hey, Ergates, we could just have the Politics & Religion forum over here and let their moderators deal with it. :ph34r::whistling:
Quote:Well, hello, everyone--here we are again! Basin forums are down, TeamSpeak is down. Hey, Ergates, we could just have the Politics & Religion forum over here and let their moderators deal with it. :ph34r::whistling:
Hey A1! AFAIR the LL mods have a far higher pain threshold in The Lounge. ;):whistling:

ergates

Quote:I need my PR&SLT kick! :lol:
I could mean to you over here if it would help.:)
Quote:I could mean to you over here if it would help.:)
Heh, that would be interesting. You might encounter some discussion styles here which are more akin to yours as the typical Basiner style. :ph34r::whistling:

Disclaimer: This was meant in a totally non-insultory fashion (in any direction). If that is not even possible please substitute the empty post. B)

ergates

It seems we are back in business. I hope it lasts!:)

ergates
Thanks again, LL, for your gracious hospitality. I'm leaving a plate of cookies and a jug of cider as a thank-you gift! :wub:
Hi,

Quote:Thanks again, LL, for your gracious hospitality. I'm leaving a plate of cookies and a jug of cider as a thank-you gift! :wub:
Chomp, chomp, glug, glug. Burp. Sweet:)

Come back anytime -- and could you make that oatmeal cookies and milk next time?:w00t:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?