Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
There I was thinking I was the only one.. :)

Good to have a place like this

*waves to the LL crew*
Another lost Basiner
I do hope I am not overstepping by boundaries here. I noticed we seem to have two threads going on this issue. I will let the most gracious staff of the LL determine if they wish to merge them, but to keep us all on the same page here is the link link to the other thread.

edit: Added a needed space
AB is down for me too, and coincidentally so is Deathwing on WoW. I'm just killin time over here now.
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
Its been quite a while now, any word?
Quazimal,Feb 26 2005, 06:04 AM Wrote:I noticed we seem to have two threads going on this issue.[right][snapback]69119[/snapback][/right]

yes, true.

perhaps i should be the one apologizing.
it looks like i was the culprit who managed this. this started as a thread a looooooong while ago in 2003
(hmmm . . . maybe i don't need to conjure the 'old man' voice emphasizing some thing antiquated or old
for anything that took place in the 21st century).
when we had our last outage, i am thinking it was that hurricane that slammed the coast (and with a causal
chain of occurrences only rube goldberg could have drafted out), we were knocked on our butts for a while
and i laid the oooooold' bumpity bump mojo on this thread in january of 2005 thinking we would all come here
to communicate (ummm . . . i did the geezer voice thing again, didn't i? my bad). that must have been when the two
threads thing reared it's ugly . . . two heads.
then yesterday when it happened again i did the same thing and went here right away and did a bumpola
on this thread the second time this year.

wait a sec, i am i telling this story right? which one of the outages was the hurricane? i am not certain now,
but one of those times was a hurricane or whatever.

and then ford wrapped his story up . . .

ok, so both times we had two threads at once here it was i who committed misdemeanor bumpery with this thread.
tho none here made issue of that, the smart thing to have done would have been to check the whole forum first
and see if we already had a thing going instead of getting all rowdy and drawing attention with a
potentialy distracting thread in atma's tavern.

so young man, what did you want to say to nice mr. bolty ?

please forgive me for the hair trigger use of the [Add Reply] button.
tho noone made a big deal of it so far that i have seen, i appreciate your well organized and moderated forums.
careless bumps are one of those things that easily turns a sloppy poster into an unwelcome poster.
your crew and readers here are always very friendly and kind. when we appear here en masse it is because this is
the first, best and only place that comes to mind, and it says alot about this place when you see how quickly and
spontaneously dozens of us appear here unrehearsed.
making a mess of your swell digs is no way for any guest to behave, all of us at the basin think more highly of
the llounge than that.

thank you for your patience.

-fordi
[Image: hlinready02gt1.gif]
<span style="color:tan">h j u k i<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________
Sorry for the necro-post but I thought I'd bump this rather than starting a new thread.

The Basin seems to be down again. All forums, WT, the channel bot, the wiki, everything.

I'm in Basin withdrawal.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

Heather
Sorry Heather, no idea what's going on. I'll pass along any information I find.
Hello Lurkers and thanks for giving us lonely Basiners a place to chat while we're down.
Amazon Basin Member
"This is my mistake. Let me make it good." - REM
Even teamspeak is down, so I can't go on and chat with a friendly server admin. Hopefully, the boards are back soon. It's nice to visit the lurker lounge again. Will have to do some more reading here.:)
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young
Quote:Even teamspeak is down, so I can't go on and chat with a friendly server admin. Hopefully, the boards are back soon. It's nice to visit the lurker lounge again. Will have to do some more reading here.:)
Yeah, I thought I had registered back when the basin forums went down in May 2004 or so, but I couldn't find myself registered under any username I would have used.

Have always enjoyed the Lurker Lounge, glad I got around to actually registering this time.

Heather
An hour later, its still dead...

Whats going on?

Edit: not an hour, just daylight saving on the Lounge board.
*takes out the cookies and milk*

Drink up our Basin Buddies. I apologize if the cookies are a bit stale!;)

Cheers,

Munk
<span style="color:gray">/me checks in . . .

i'm here.

so . . . who here is from out of town?

[Image: leafybanner8he.jpg]
[Image: hlinready02gt1.gif]
<span style="color:tan">h j u k i<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________
It's dead, Jim.:(

ergates
Quote:It's dead, Jim.:(
ergates
I think that the fact that the server's been down for over 15 hours and ergates' post is the first post about this topic for this incidence (and holy necro posting) speaks volumes.

The last I heard from one of the server admins, they were waiting for remote kvm access. Once they receive it, they expected a best case scenario of 2 hours, but a full repair could take 12 hours. That was over 9 hours ago. It is unknown at this time whether they gained access and are repairing or if they simply haven't gotten access yet.

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
Quote:I think that the fact that the server's been down for over 15 hours and ergates' post is the first post about this topic for this incidence (and holy necro posting) speaks volumes.

The last I heard from one of the server admins, they were waiting for remote kvm access. Once they receive it, they expected a best case scenario of 2 hours, but a full repair could take 12 hours. That was over 9 hours ago. It is unknown at this time whether they gained access and are repairing or if they simply haven't gotten access yet.

--ceolstan
I think you missed a page ceolstan, I was the one who first bumped this topic about 13 hours ago.

But I agree, no news is probably bad news at the moment.

Obviously they weren't able to fix it last night. They're probably still asleep now so hopefully later this morning or this afternoon sometime we'll at least hear something.

Thanks for the information that you were able to give about what the server admins were up to.

Heather
Thanks for the update Ceolstan!

And a big thanks to the LL for once again providing a home for a bunch of misplaced Basiners!

<span style="color:grey">/me goes off to find a nice cushy chair and some brownies
Do Amazons all wash in the same basin?
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:Do Amazons all wash in the same basin?

Sure, but it's quite a large basin.

(And the whole 'If you happen to see them bathing there you get transformed into a deer and eaten by your own hunting dogs' thing is just a rumor. :P)

In the 'When it Rains it Pours Dept.' the Basin happens to be down at the same time as the EVE server is down at the same time that some of us EVEil types are supposed to be having a tournament. ^_^
The simple fact that all of the Basin fora are down doesn't keep me from forgetting, and trying to access them repeatedly... :rolleyes:

/wave
Mother of All Prime Evils
I just spoke with one of the server admins when he popped into the USWest channel to give an update, and he said the prognosis was a bit iffy, but he had just gotten an update and was going to see if they could get server access now.

Apparently the hosting company had a power failure, and they're not sure yet if and how much rebuilding will have to be done on the server. No ETA at the moment.

Heather