Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
Sir Ash,Jan 12 2005, 10:31 AM Wrote:Good to know there is a place to go in a case like this. :wub:

If anyone missed it here is word from TPJ regarding the downtime.

Ash

PS Any cookies left for me? :D

edit: spelling
[right][snapback]65129[/snapback][/right]

Thank You ash for directing us to this post I wodner if this is anythign related to the forums down time a couple of weeks ago. =\

::Passes some Cookies and Cider to Sir Ash::
Games are still being played. When wt goes down, we usually use the last password for our games. I imagine thats the case now. As much as I like our forums, it's the games that really matter. :) I was ready last night to prune the Javazon Forum of some older threads, but alas, that task has been delayed. :P

edited to add games
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young
Indeed, most fortunate it is to have dual membership when one server goes kerplunk.

What the hell did I just say? :huh:
spear of light,Jan 12 2005, 07:47 PM Wrote:When wt goes down, we usually use the last password for our games.  I imagine thats the case now.[right][snapback]65151[/snapback][/right]

For people like myself who don't often get chance to play every day, and who (perhaps as a result) aren't terribly well-known in AB circles, this can be slightly problematic; I've no idea what the last WT password was, I don't know the account names of people to look out for to ask, and I wouldn't want them giving out the passwords to me anyway, as I could be anyone ;-)

Perhaps some kind of backup system is in order that runs WT only, and perhaps then only in the case of emergencies. Unfamiliar though I am with the intricacies of the basin's backend, I'd be surprised if it were too complicated to arrange for the important sections of the database (for authentication purposes) to be backed up to a different server. I assume this is already being done anyway, in fact...
You don't know what you're talking about.
Once again, another big THANX to Bolty & Co. for providing us shelter from the storm.

Much love to the LL gang,

kRAYt

>edit: just checked users on-line here, and half of them were AB visitors :w00t:
"People are strange, when you're a stranger." J. Morrison
Thank goodness this didn't happen during the GW preview last weekend, I suppose. :)

Y'all are welcome to swing by DN and say hello there as well, if you like. We keep your #ab-nwn IRC channel on Gamesurge channel pretty full; if you want to visit that place, directions are here:

http://nwn.vector-inc.com/index.php?showtopic=1900

-shad
Techincal Designer for Dreu Noctem: A semi persistent NWN world with a small friendly community. Powered by Linux & NWNX.
* Alberic peeks head in

It's kind of sad that it takes an outage for me to post here. It's been too long!

*Waves*

(I hope we're up and running again soon...)
Mother of All Prime Evils
Hi :D

Sure hope we'll be back on our feet soon as well.

I'm missing my daily forums :(

Lurker Lounge, thanks for the shelter in the meanwhile :)
Another lost Basiner
the amazon basin site is offline currently.

i recall reading of a scheduled outage of forums and channel bot servers pertaining to server
maintenance by the main forum and website's host company, with outage of up to ten [10] hours.

--- [ the accuracy of this post is subject to a varience of 1 - 100% ] ---

. . . but enough about us. how was your day bolty ?
[Image: hlinready02gt1.gif]
<span style="color:tan">h j u k i<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________
Hi Hjuki,

I fail to see the reason why they always seem to pick lunchtime to do this. It does appear that the scheduled maintenance is going on now. I'm not sure if the duration would be up to 10 hours or the window for the possible outage was 10 hours. Either way - we'll have to wait a bit for the daily fix.

HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!

Amazon Basin Moderator
AB Reveler Leader

East Realm

"Buzzards gotta eat - same as worms" (spit)
Hjuki,Feb 24 2005, 05:52 PM Wrote:the amazon basin site is offline currently.

i recall reading of a scheduled outage of forums and channel bot servers pertaining to server
maintenance by the main forum and website's host company, with outage of up to ten [10] hours.

--- [ the accuracy of this post is subject to a varience of&nbsp; 1 - 100% ] ---
. . . but enough about us. how was your day bolty ?
[right][snapback]68912[/snapback][/right]

The scheduled downtime was for 0700 to 1700 (dont know which timezone, as it was not mentioned... so that may be off by up to 3 hours either way, depending on which timezone was meant). So ... we will have the basin forums back sometime between 2 pm and 8 pm .... sound ok? :)
Actually, they mention CST time on the scheduled outage, so the Basin should be back up Real Soon Now ™! :D

Here's hoping.
"People are strange, when you're a stranger." J. Morrison
Seems like the planned maintenance is taking a bit longer than planned. Hopefully the boards will be up soon. :unsure:
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young
Wow, I really am getting nervous twitches now. /grinds teeth and scratches at palms...
I was wondering if this was the case with anyone else. Ah, well. I'm glad that there is a nice place like the Lounge for times like these! Now, if no one minds, I'll spend some time here for a change! ::Dusts off chair by the lounge fire::

GimliSam
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
*looks up from the lounge char he's curled up in and hisses at gimlisam...*

Hey ... there's more chairs around here, take an unoccupied one! ... and pass the milk please?
*Adds more logs to the fire*

Blankies rock! :shuriken:

RTE :)
Ran off to the Amazon Basin
Passes Milk to skie

opens bag of cookies

grabs an empty chair by fireplace

thanks bolty and co. for the hospitality
It's Not The Look That Counts Because Survival Is The Most Important Thing.
Finds sleeping bags, pillows, passes then around.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Takes sleeping bag and settles in.

Nice cozy place here.