Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
Zerathorn,Sep 24 2003, 09:32 PM Wrote:Yes precioussss - the chainsesss are still tight
The mean peopleses keep coming to take usssss - my precious - yessssss
We'll throttle them we will precious - if they gets to close
The puter glowses brightly as we waitses and waitses

*gollum gollum*

We'll be here - my precious - yessssss
Waiting ever with patiences........
Better hurry Flick , Zerathorn needs to be put back in his cell soon !! :P ;)
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
None of us - maybe not even ALL of us - could afford to pay for the service our Tech Team is giving us for free. These guys are the Real Heroes of the Basin!

Thanks, guys.

Now if only I could find something to relieve these twitches...

I have an idea! Maybe a beer!

By the way - the East games are still up and running. Stop by the channel. Just this once, someone will whisper the password.
TPJ Wrote:There were security concerns expressed by the host.

This had nothing at all to do with the hurricane. Our host is in Texas.

I knew it!

It is the Ancient Race of Skeleton People rising to power again, breaking into the AB server room!! :ph34r:
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Games on East are also still going -- please come back and help us keep 'em alive! Like they said, all you need is someone who knows you - they should be able to front you the PW. :P

It's all so... retro... so pre-WT.
TAB is up, but the forums are giving an access denied error! I'm sure the guys will clear it up shortly..

*pant* *pant* *twitch* *pant*
I see the front page of the Main (blue) and the D2 (red) boards, but get the placeholder message (The Amazon Basin Lives) at the forums and WeaselTech. Looks like a framework is in place but we're not quite out of the woods.

Oh, and don't worry about the Ancient Race of Skeleton People. The Hammer gets +50% damage against Undead.

Sailboat
I'm at work, but my guess is that nlx and Zen have been hammering it today.

I'll post details after I poke my head in and get the lay of the land.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Noticed -- the static content is back up, it seems, but not yet the forums. Brings to mind a Stones song... any guesses?

Thanks for all your work guys.

Weeee
Woohoo!! The whole forum seems to be back up now, at least for the moment.
All the Basin forums are back up, although we're using the fugly default skins for the time being. That should be fixed tonight, though - we'll get our cute red and blue (etc) boards back shortly.

BIG thanks to Bolty for putting up with us over here. :P Those of you who have ventured into the Lounge for the first time - you no longer have an excuse for not hanging out here, either. Muahahaah!
Flick,Sep 25 2003, 04:46 PM Wrote:BIG thanks to Bolty for putting up with us over here. :P
I'll second that. Thanks Bolty!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forums.

~Teo
Well, the downtime had it's positive sides.
I rediscovered LL and 7L :)
Wow. Notice the Basin didn't work about thursday or friday. Glad to see it's up and running again. :D

Like to thank the following people from the Basin who got everything up and running: ZenDragon, AllWeasel, ReptileHouse, and nlx3647. Also, I would like to thank the LL for their hospitality. :)

Thanks all!

Mythrander101 :ph34r:
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules or controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you. ~Neo
bumpity bump . . .

here we go again.

Pren,Sep 20 2003, 04:17 PM Wrote:Been down for over 12 hours now, and due to the frequency of the password changes, I'm locked out. Don't think I'm alone. The entire site is kaput.

Brista, I know you frequent both of these boards. Do you have any insight or are we all just in the dark?
[right][snapback]26105[/snapback][/right]
[Image: hlinready02gt1.gif]
<span style="color:tan">h j u k i<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________
The Blue Boards were up for awhile. One of the tech admins said he had taken down the D2 forums, but didn't give a timeline on when it will be up. Now the whole website is down. The tech people do a very good job, so hopefully soon. :)
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young
*shakes uncontrollably*
What the foo is going on! :blink:
My daily AB forum reading... ruined? :ph34r:

Edit: oopsies, my LL sig needs updating ;)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
It is good to see other Basiners tend to come here too :)

The bad part is that the Basin is still not available :(.

If anyone involved with the servers is looking in here: Take your time to fix whatever there is to fix. In the meantime, are there cookies to be had around here?
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
jhartelt,Jan 12 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:In the meantime, are there cookies to be had around here?
[right][snapback]65109[/snapback][/right]

*hands jhartelt a chocolate chip cookie*

I think all efforts are being made to contact AllWeasel, so we should start screaming and banging our head against the keyboard be patient I guess. :)
Good to know there is a place to go in a case like this. :wub:

If anyone missed it here is word from TPJ regarding the downtime.

Ash

PS Any cookies left for me? :D

edit: spelling