Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
Quote:any estimate on when the forums are back

Quote:estimate
they are Coming Soon™ :D
Almost there !! :D
CUT N PASTE : :D

The Amazon Basin Lives
We have had an opportunity for some unplanned for server maintainance since Friday night. We have all of our forum data, and are reinstalling all of the server software. Once we finish that, we'll be fully back on the air with the forum community and guides.

Thank you for your patience and support. We'll have things restored as soon as we can.
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
evap,Sep 23 2003, 09:37 PM Wrote:/me wanders in with brownies for everyone.

Yes, it's true, they really will let anyone  into this place.

I'm trying to get my daily forum fix via the Dreu Noctem forums, but it's just not the same.

*twitch*  *twitch*

evap
Hey! -- what's wrong with our forums here?? ...and may I have a brownie, please?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Sep 23 2003, 11:00 PM Wrote:Hey! -- what's wrong with our forums here?? ...and may I have a brownie, please?
Sure. Have a brownie. I brought molasses crinkles, too. I'm sure they'll be popular once everyone's eaten the brownies.

er, and I've one question. Now that I've officially registered after reading for oh so long, does that mean I'm no longer a lurker but a Lurker?

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
ceolstan,Sep 24 2003, 12:52 AM Wrote:er, and I've one question.  Now that I've officially registered after reading for oh so long, does that mean I'm no longer a lurker but a Lurker?
Yes! -- and I was tempted to add "...except that it is lower case." But that might get confusing.

And thanks! I'm baking bread at the moment, but I'm afraid I did not make enough to share. If the basin ever comes back up I may try to register with you and return the favor! I only occasionally stop in, but I have a warm spot in my heart since I found the guides so helpful years ago.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
TaMeOlta,Sep 24 2003, 02:51 AM Wrote:Almost there !!  :D
CUT N PASTE :  :D

The Amazon Basin Lives
We have had an opportunity for some unplanned for server maintainance since Friday night. We have all of our forum data, and are reinstalling all of the server software. Once we finish that, we'll be fully back on the air with the forum community and guides.

Thank you for your patience and support. We'll have things restored as SOON as we can.
He used the trademarked "S" word! :D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
That message comes to you from our friend ZenDragon. Seems he was burning the midnight oil last night (West coast time) and got some stuff installed and running.

We're close to installing 1.2 of Invision Board so we can test skins as well as test the import of our old forum posts/data.

We've still got tech folks working as hard as they can. I believe they span about umpteen different time zones - so there has been someone attending to the box nearly non-stop for the last few days. Go-go Gadget rebuild!
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Just wanted to say hi to everyone at the Lounge here and a big thanks for sharing! :)
I finally registered after 5 days of lurking - my laziness was overcome by my need to see my name in a D2 forum :)
bonelessjoe,Sep 24 2003, 06:49 AM Wrote:Just wanted to say hi to everyone at the Lounge here and a big thanks for sharing! :)
I finally registered after 5 days of lurking - my laziness was overcome by my need to see my name in a D2 forum :)
Hey look everybody, it's bonelessjoe! :P

Thanks for the continuing updates TPJ. I appreciate everyone's hard work!

~Teo
Euro AB games are a little less organised than the USEast ones, in this interim, I guess because we're a smaller community, the opportunity for continually passing messages along is less.

But anyway, I've ben reading this thread for 5 pages now, so thought I'd say hi too :) I joined AB a few days after I joined LL, in fact I think I found the link for aB in someone's siggy on LL ! So I ahve all that fun to thank the LL for!

HHHHHHuuuRRRR from the European AB HC Taur Herd!

...and Wim, stop playing private passworded games :P I have you in my friends list si know when youre in game even if there's no AB games up !
HC player: on Europe - Ladder HC come 1.10!
accounts: *damiencos (main), *feign_innocence, *f3ign
* trexim wave

Yet another basiner.

Thanks LL for putting up with us.

Thanks TPJ for the updates.

And a BIG thanks to the TECH team for all the works they are doing.

Cheers,

trexim USEast
feign,Sep 24 2003, 03:14 PM Wrote:Euro AB games are a little less organised than the USEast ones, in this interim,
ah, you are visiting USEast at the moment. I was wondering last night, when you and 666 would show up in the single NM game ;)
of course, I got tired before it happened. deadpan and snezza were there, though, so we had a small act2 party at least.
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
w00t, the basins almost back up.

good, i needed it!! ::twitches::
It still may be a day or two. Not completely sure yet.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
::twitch::

Must... have... assassin... forum... ::twitch::
Yes precioussss - the chainsesss are still tight
The mean peopleses keep coming to take usssss - my precious - yessssss
We'll throttle them we will precious - if they gets to close
The puter glowses brightly as we waitses and waitses

*gollum gollum*

We'll be here - my precious - yessssss
Waiting ever with patiences........
HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!

Amazon Basin Moderator
AB Reveler Leader

East Realm

"Buzzards gotta eat - same as worms" (spit)
Gib daoc forums :D

This is pretty fun, reading up on the D2 stuff, all nostalgic like. Maybe I'll try to find my old discs once I get my new HD in. B)

/wave Nvts :ph34r: :ph34r:
AB games are still running on west too. We've had normal, NM, and hell games up fairly regularly. We're using last friday's password. If you don't remember it, you can get it from someone that knows it and can vouch for you. (just this once though!)

Danno
We are doing the same on europe.

Just as long as the Y.F.F. is all right im sure it will all work out.

More thanks to everyone working there buttocks off to fix it. :)
I guarantee you that the AB will be back up and better than ever (at least from a nuts-n-bolts server perspective, hehe) before 1.10 goes live on the Realms.

How's that for Real Soon Now™? :D

/waves at the Boltster!